Feminism is stupid

Just watched the British dude that wore the anime shirt last week TEARFULLY apologize for offending anyone. Show some balls and either don't address it or make it out to be an apology and say to f off if you didn't like the shirt.

By the way, Kimberley has the 6' leg shot with 8" inch heels going on The 5.

Bleedingheartism
Democratism
veganism
pussificationism
guiltism
irresponsibilitism
electromagnetism
baptism

The assertion that all -isms are bad and cherry picking the ones he doesn't like is dumb.

Each of them have positives and negatives, I think we can all agree with that.

And yes, I realize the original post by hog was probably a joke.

Reactions: 1 person
I think feminism that pushes for genuine societal change in treating men and women reasonably equal is a great thing. I think feminism as a political movement is completely bastardized, and is not about equality at all.

Post of the thread IMO.

He's right. If it was truly about equality then there wouldn't be lower or separate standards for women in anything yet it exists in just about every aspect of life.

I was agreeing with him.

I think feminism is perfectly fine if it's about equal rights. But when it becomes radical or militant, it loses all objectivity and becomes a hindrance.

I was agreeing with him.

I think feminism is perfectly fine if it's about equal rights. But when it becomes radical or militant, it loses all objectivity and becomes a hindrance.

I Know I was just adding to it. You're right too but it's rarely about actual equal rights.

The assertion that all -isms are bad and cherry picking the ones he doesn't like is dumb.

Each of them have positives and negatives, I think we can all agree with that.

And yes, I realize the original post by hog was probably a joke.

thats why I made up a few and used electromagnetism...

I was agreeing with him.

I'm all for equal rights as long as we have equal standards. As a military guy you know what I'm referencing.

I remember Emma Watson's speech on Feminism at the UN. I remember one of the points she made about Feminism is that there are so many people that support the principles but cannot get on board with the name "feminism". I remember her saying something along the lines of "we are desperately looking for a new name. In the mean time, dont be put off" .. and I remember thinking, "whats wrong with Egalitarianism or gender equality"?

People, both male and female, go on and on about how feminism is about equal rights and there is no shame in being a male feminist, whats the big deal.. it's just a name.. yadda yadda. Well okay.. so is Egalitarianism.. and whats more is that it is that this word does not lend itself so easily to sexist preconceptions.

I dont like the term, "feminism" and I dont like the usually nasty response you receive when you make a point to substitute the term with "gender equality".

I'm all for equal rights as long as we have equal standards. As a military guy you know what I'm referencing.

Oh, certainly agree. That's why the whole women in combat thing has always piqued my interest. Women have been in "combat" since post-Desert Storm and I generally have zero issues with them being in infantry or other combat arms fields. So long as they pass the same standards as men.

However, it's unlikely this will be the case.

VN Store

Back