Fear the Walking Dead

Will definitely be interesting to see what Kirkman will do with a blank canvas. I hope he goes nuts.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm guessing he won't be flipping vans over and defying physics again.

I think the "flu report" is just how it will be described; I doubt the show really explains where it came from and honestly I don't want them to.

I think the "flu report" is just how it will be described; I doubt the show really explains where it came from and honestly I don't want them to.

I think it would be interesting for the audience to learn if the cause is science based or supernatural but the characters to remain unaware.

Unless he has changed his mind, Kirkman has stated he has no plans to explore the origin of the zombies. He said it's not relevant to Rick's story.

I wanted them to do this way before they decided to do the spinoff. I wanted to see how other parts of the world had been affected.

I wonder what this group is going to call the zombies.

I hope they have a different angle on the story. TWD is about Rick and Carl. Will this show have a main character or will the whole cast be fair game?

I think it would be interesting for the audience to learn if the cause is science based or supernatural but the characters to remain unaware.

Unless he has changed his mind, Kirkman has stated he has no plans to explore the origin of the zombies. He said it's not relevant to Rick's story.

Not relevant to Rick's story. Unless these two shows have some sort of crossover, it won't have anything to do with Rick other than being in the same universe. I'm kind of on the fence. As far as story telling, I like that it's still a mystery and may stay that way...but I want to know so damn bad, haha.

I'd go more science than supernatural. Supernatural has never been an idea pushed by TWD.

Not relevant to Rick's story. Unless these two shows have some sort of crossover, it won't have anything to do with Rick other than being in the same universe. I'm kind of on the fence. As far as story telling, I like that it's still a mystery and may stay that way...but I want to know so damn bad, haha.

It's my understanding that Kirkman said he has no intention of ever doing a crossover between the two shows. Unless he changes his mind later down the road. I don't see how they feasibly do it seeing as how both shows take place on two different coasts.

I cannot remember which season, but Herschel said at one point that in the book of Revelations when the end is near that the dead shall rise up and walk the earth again.

I understand the science angle. Medicine is now altering viruses to help fight cancer. It actually concerns me that one of the mutated viruses may become a super virus and cause widespread death and destruction. Not necessarily the zombie apocalypse.

How would supernatural fit in there?

They need to reveal the truth about the outbreak and expose the Obama administration for what they did.

Reactions: 1 person
Y'all should check out a YouTube video. It is titled:
"Super Zero: Badass Journey into Zombie Awesomeness"

It is a short film, but made me laugh.

Interesting viewpoint on the origin of a zombie apocalypse

Sorry, I am on mobile so cannot embed the video. Actually the truth is even if I were sitting in front of a computer I am not technologically savvy enough to embed the video. :)

They need to reveal the truth about the outbreak and expose the Obama administration for what they did.

The first scene is Obama visiting Sheldon Cooper's lab. Obama knocks over a vial; Leonard turns into a walker. Game on.

Any news?

None that I've seen; all I know it's still coming on sometime this summer. My guess is late July or early August. I'm assuming it will be on Sunday nights and Halt and Catch Fire Season 2 starts May 31, so I'm guessing it will start after HACF's season finale.

None that I've seen; all I know it's still coming on sometime this summer. My guess is late July or early August. I'm assuming it will be on Sunday nights and Halt and Catch Fire Season 2 starts May 31, so I'm guessing it will start after HACF's season finale.

Thanks getting Walker Withdrawals... :)

The one franchise that, with good writing, can branch off into infinite spinoffs. Law&Order did it on regular TV for awhile, but you can run thin on ideas about the justice system when relating to a national audience. Unique obstacles and storylines abound when you think of zombie apocalypses in LA...Chicago...New York...

London?

The one franchise that, with good writing, can branch off into infinite spinoffs. Law&Order did it on regular TV for awhile, but you can run thin on ideas about the justice system when relating to a national audience. Unique obstacles and storylines abound when you think of zombie apocalypses in LA...Chicago...New York...

London?

It could be pulled off but I'm not sure it's necessary as everyone in England watches the American version of TWD already.

Mercedes Mason Joins AMC’s ‘Fear The Walking Dead’

Mercedes Mason Joins AMC’s ‘Fear The Walking Dead’

Mercedes Mason (666 Park Avenue) is set as new regular on AMC’s upcoming The Walking Dead companion series, Fear The Walking Dead, which has a two-season pickup. I hear Ruben Blades is in talks to play her father.

Set in Los Angeles (and shot in Vancouver), Fear The Walking Dead focuses on new characters and storylines. The pilot co-stars Cliff Curtis, Kim Dickens, Frank Dillane and Alycia Debnam Carey. Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert from The Walking Dead are executive producing for AMC Studios. Dave Erickson, who co-created and co-wrote the pilot with Kirkman, is an executive producer and showrunner. Adam Davidson directed the pilot episode.

Mason, repped by Gersh and Luber Roklin, also had roles on The Finder, Californication and NCIS: LA.

AMC announced production has begun either today or this past weekend. That pretty much confirms we won't see the first episode until late July/ early August at the earliest.

AMC announced production has begun either today or this past weekend. That pretty much confirms we won't see the first episode until late July/ early August at the earliest.

Would make sense to have a 6 week run through August and Sept then take a short break for TWD season premiere.

VN Store

Back