Fear the Walking Dead

The only way this doesn't get picked up is if the pilot they produce is really, really bad.

This is the same network that renewed Better Call Saul for a second season before one episode was even finished, much less aired. Considering TWD gets almost 3 times the ratings BB got, this spinoff/companion series is as close to a shoe-in as it gets.

Wow that is a shame if true. I watch Walking Dead every week but Breaking Bad was some of the best television I have ever seen. Not even close for me

I'll give it a shot but they need to make it different enough so that's not merely the same show with different characters.

Haven't we had this "keep the zombies the enemy" conversation like a million times or some version of it?

yep - it goes hand in hand with what the genre is all about.

It's like football analysts talking about what teams need to do to win.

I was hoping for somewhere that had a winter season.

I wonder if the show will start in the same time line as the main show or will it revert to the beginning of the turn.

Last edited:
The script for the pilot episode leaked online earlier today but was quickly removed. Apparently the show is gonna start out pre outbreak.

The script for the pilot episode leaked online earlier today but was quickly removed. Apparently the show is gonna start out pre outbreak.

If it's the same as I read it addresses the time period/event between when Rick got injured and when he awoke at the hospital...albeit in a different part of the country...also supposed to be less walkers...intriguing.

If it's the same as I read it addresses the time period/event between when Rick got injured and when he awoke at the hospital...albeit in a different part of the country...also supposed to be less walkers...intriguing.

Less walkers?

The shoot em up crowd isn't going to like that.

LA is more populous than ATL, can't see how there would be less zombies

LA is more populous than ATL, can't see how there would be less zombies

Dumb title imo. Hopefully it's not really Fear The Walking Dead seeing as how their is allegedly less zombies in it.

I had the same thought about it being in LA but maybe it merely starts in LA and ends up elsewhere?

'The Walking Dead' Spinoff Greenlit for Two Seasons at AMC

'The Walking Dead' Spinoff Greenlit for Two Seasons at AMC

via press release:

AMC ANNOUNCES TWO-SEASON ORDER FOR A
COMPANION SERIES TO “The Walking Dead” (TITLE TBD)
New Series Will Air Day-and-Date on AMC Global

NEW YORK, NY – March 9, 2015 – AMC today announced that it has placed an initial two-season order for a companion series to “The Walking Dead,” the #1 show on television among adults 18-49 for going on three seasons.

The new series (title to be announced) will be set in Los Angeles and focused on new characters and storylines. The show’s first season will consist of six one-hour episodes and premiere on AMC in late summer. The show’s second season will air in 2016.

Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert from “The Walking Dead” are executive producers of the new series, which, like the original, is being produced by AMC Studios. Dave Erickson (“Marco Polo,” “Sons Of Anarchy”), who co-created and co-wrote the pilot with Kirkman, is an executive producer and showrunner. The series will star Cliff Curtis (“Missing,” “Gang Related”), Kim Dickens (Gone Girl, “Sons Of Anarchy”), Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Alycia Debnam Carey (The 100).

“We take incredibly seriously the notion of building a satisfying companion series to the number one show on television. From the beginning of ‘The Walking Dead’ on AMC, we’ve been asked questions about what was going on in other parts of the zombie apocalypse, and what it looked like as the world really did ‘turn.’Through this new series, we’re going to find out,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “Robert Kirkman, Dave Erickson and their writing team, along with an incomparable set of producers, cast and crew have created something remarkable and clearly distinct. We respectfully follow the request of Monty Python as we bring out (the latest of) our Dead.”

“We feel empowered by this two-season commitment, a serious show of faith from our network partner AMC,” Kirkman said. “I personally take it as a sign that they believe, like we do, that we've accomplished our goal of developing something original that can pay tribute to the original show and expand the world I created while at the same time having something new to say with this story. I’m very grateful that we now have the opportunity to tell this amazing story and show the fans that we really haven't scratched the surface yet when it comes to ‘The Walking Dead.’”

“This vote of confidence from our partners at AMC is gratifying, to say the least,” Erickson said. “We’ve been blessed with amazing writers and a stellar cast - and we can’t wait to build this apocalyptic drama over the next two seasons and hopefully beyond.”

In addition, AMC Global, the international AMC-branded television network, announced it has acquired the international television rights to the series, which it plans to air within 24 hours of the U.S. premiere. AMC Global launched in late 2014 and is available in over 115 countries and territories throughout Latin America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

oac-walking-dead-miami.jpg

hmmm, not sure about that name.

Was expecting something like "Chronicles of THW" or "Dawn of TWD"

I wonder if anyone has ever really tried throwing s#$% up into a fan; just to see how bad things really get....

deep thoughts - by Swil

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I wonder if anyone has ever really tried throwing s#$% up into a fan; just to see how bad things really get....

deep thoughts - by Swil

It would depend on how fast the fan is spinning and how big of a turd is slung into it.

Reactions: 2 people
Walking Dead Spin-off Series Name Revealed - IGN

Fear the walking dead

There is going to be a trailer for it during the finale tomorrow night!

I don't like that title and didn't when JohnnyD posted about it either. I guess I'll have to learn to like it.

This show needs to air off season from The Walking Dead. It would prevent competition from the original and give the fans a full year of TWD. :)

deep thoughts - by Swil

Not sh*t but I've thrown many a things into a fan in my day. The results vary from lame to entertaining to destructive to "omg please get me a napkin for my eye".

I don't like that title and didn't when JohnnyD posted about it either. I guess I'll have to learn to like it.

This show needs to air off season from The Walking Dead. It would prevent competition from the original and give the fans a full year of TWD. :)

Not sh*t but I've thrown many a things into a fan in my day. The results vary from lame to entertaining to destructive to "omg please get me a napkin for my eye".

It is airing offseason of TWD isn't it? I thought it starts this summer.

VN Store

Back