Expectations after 4 years

Funny reading all the Eason accolades here......I have UGA fans on my facebook feed that swear the incoming freshman they have is going to take his job THIS year. LOL The mutts are already prepping to get rid of their anointed one after one year.

A lot of folks on this board don't like him but Gary is right about one thing the man can make all the throws. They just reloaded with more talent and Tennessee just wet the bed aside from a few.

even if we "wet the bed" they were going to have a top three class. if kirby smart can prove to be a decent coach and get guys to "buy in" they gonna be good for at lest 2-3 years and top the eastern side of the conference i fear.

Funny reading all the Eason accolades here......I have UGA fans on my facebook feed that swear the incoming freshman they have is going to take his job THIS year. LOL The mutts are already prepping to get rid of their anointed one after one year.

that new guy is a beast too apparently, but eason aint getting supplanted by him

not unless something bad happens to him injury wise

(and get off facebook, is that thing still relevant?)

even if we "wet the bed" they were going to have a top three class. if kirby smart can prove to be a decent coach and get guys to "buy in" they gonna be good for at lest 2-3 years and top the eastern side of the conference i fear.

He's a decent coach
Jim will have Eason ready
It's theirs to win or pull a Georgia

I think Freak needs to create a forum for you and folks like you called "Safe space". That way you won't have to deal with unpleasant facts that offend your sensibilities and get you all upset and mad at people who just keep confronting you with things you don't want to face.

I'm not upset. You naysay and mischaracterize and dissemble... Your presence here may be summed up as petty sniping.

Reactions: 5 people
Gone pretty much the way I figured it would. Possible to get the East this season. New coach in '17 or '18 and if I'm still kicking I'll be watching a rerun. But I'll still watch!!!

I'm not upset. You naysay and mischaracterize and dissemble... Your presence here may be summed up as petty sniping.

"safe space" and "snowflake" the two most over used terms so far in 2017....and we just hit February

Reactions: 4 people
Willie Taggart is heading for disaster at Oregon already one more slip up by his staff and he will be $hit canned before the season starts....

Yeah, he took a couple of hits early. I also dont think he will fit up there, but what do i know.
I think he is a good coach. I wanted him, amoung a few others, when we hired CBJ. I think he would be pretty good at a southern school.

Yeah, he took a couple of hits early. I also dont think he will fit up there, but what do i know.
I think he is a good coach. I wanted him, amoung a few others, when we hired CBJ. I think he would be pretty good at a southern school.

i agree he is a good coach, just some of his assistants never left the frat it appears......

i wasnt bashing him just wanted to reply to ur comment about his record, could u imagine if he came here and his assistants had kids in hospital after practice and some frat stuff lol

he woulda been gone!

Reactions: 1 person
What were your realistic expectations for Butch Jones through 4 years when he was hired?

Also if Butch was fired today what would be your realistic expectations for the new coach after 4 years?

According to the AP, UT is a Top 10 program all time and #2 all time in the SEC. That should be a reasonable baseline to evaluate. You can adjust for injuries, competition, in-state recruiting base, etc.

Nationally - Team has got closer the past 2 years but they aren't quite there. The 2015 team was really close with their play on the Field but the late game collapses prevented them from reaching this goal. 2016 was there on paper but they never put it all together.

SEC - Obviously Bama is way ahead and LSU is a very distant #2. Heading into 2017, one can argue that UF, Auburn, A&M, and UGA are ahead but there's very little difference between 2 and 7. In any event, you aren't far from historical trends but you are so far away from competing with a juggernaut that's never been seen in the SEC.

Overall - Heading into 2016, UT was getting more aligned with historical trends; however, the 2016 team took a step back. A year 6 will be dependent upon reversing the trends that started after the A&M game.

i agree he is a good coach, just some of his assistants never left the frat it appears......

i wasnt bashing him just wanted to reply to ur comment about his record, could u imagine if he came here and his assistants had kids in hospital after practice and some frat stuff lol

he woulda been gone!
Our players arent a bunch of punks like them west coast pansies :) j/k

Realistically I think Tennessee is mid level sec east team. If we were in the west Jones would already be unemployed. We're barely able to beat Florida and Georgia in some of their worst years and they are improving in talent while we're getting worse. He was never going to compete with saban although no one really can consistently. Tennessee will never be a factor in a conference title nor a national title while recruiting only on a mediocre level. We couldn't do it when we were recruiting on a high level so what makes people think we'll improve? All of that said if the administration isn't going to get serious and actually get a real damn coach we might as well stick with Jones.

My expectations were that we hired another mid major coach to replace Dooley and would still be struggling for relevance.

He has had a couple of outstanding recruiting classes and managed to move the needle above bowl eligibility to surpass Dooley so kudos to him.

He can keep throwing out sound bites about Tennessee being back all he wants but this program is still pretty irrelevant in the pecking order of the SEC after flat out choking away a weak SEC East two years running though.

Just as 'A' before 'B,' AD before HC. CBJ is under contract through 2020. Our university doesn't share your urgency for a change in football coaching staff.

Deep breaths. Ommmmmmmmmmm.....

One day, an AD will come, get a handle on UT athletics, and then the football coaching staff will receive the scrutiny you desire. Until then, avoid ulcers. GBO.

Expectations for any program are to compete and win championships.

Like has been stated before (by me and others), it is becoming clear that Jones can and did improve the program. It is a winning and relevant football team again. For the most part (basically except Alabama), you can't just assume a win against Tennessee anymore.

However, I don't believe he will take it to a championship level. Which means.....

You have the Mark Richt scenario. He's winning enough to keep his job, but not make anyone truly happy.

If that is correct, how long Tennessee keeps him around remains to be seen.

Reactions: 3 people
My expectations were for him to come in and stabilize the roster so a good coach could hit the ground running after four years. If the AD position wasn't in limbo Butch would have been right on schedule.

Expectations for any program are to compete and win championships.

Like has been stated before (by me and others), it is becoming clear that Jones can and did improve the program. It is a winning and relevant football team again. For the most part (basically except Alabama), you can't just assume a win against Tennessee anymore.

However, I don't believe he will take it to a championship level. Which means.....

You have the Mark Richt scenario. He's winning enough to keep his job, but not make anyone truly happy.

If that is correct, how long Tennessee keeps him around remains to be seen.
Yeah...except he's not getting us to the SEC Championship, much less winning one. That is a big difference between him and Richt. Also Richt has numerous 10 win seasons or better. That is something Jones has failed to do as well!

VN Store

Back