Expect to see news on AD disaster

I am the great nephew of a major contributor at Alabama, and I have never heard him be so whimsical about getting their asses beat. The problem looks like a lot of top boosters just use Tennessee like a country club versus what the mainstream fanbase does. I read through both phones full of text and I learned a lot about the programs that the football generates funds for but nothing about how to fix the gaping wounds the program had. Glad this peckerwood is out and Fulmer is in. Fulmer may not be everyone's favorite son, but damned if he didn't bring titles to town when Dickey was the AD. Once Fat **** Hambone took the reigns wheels fell of and the tickle turned on him. However, he took it like a man and when the writing was on the wall he gave us a shot to right the ship. Unfortunately the AD was like a drunk sailor in icy waters and rammed it into every damned iceberg he saw. I haven't posted in a while, and for some they probably appreciate it, but after reading how out of touch the people who the little guy or girl spends his hard earned money on those upper deck nosebleeds because he or she just loves Tennessee, is abhorrent and pathetic.

Reactions: 1 person
I can understand that. But the noise was loud and got even louder with Gruden. You can maybe let it fester for some time. With the first go around under Hart, the Gruden noise picked up, and then his agent released a statement that he wasn't interested.

I understand that Haslam was the one who hired him. But if Currie was truly afraid of all of that, then he needed to be a man and make the decision on his own. His contract had been signed. I would rather be fired bucking Haslam's opinion and making my own hire than from the events that transpired. At this point, he is really not hireable as an AD anymore.

And Vol fans quickly dismissed it as a smokescreen.

Just like this last go-around, when someone would ask the question, "Why would Gruden leave MNF?" or "Why would Gruden coach college when he wants to be in the NFL?" was met with...."Come up with a new reason!"

Sometimes you don't need a new reason when the truth is very simple. There were posters talking about Venture Capitalists involved with the Internet of Tomorrow (Ergen Ventures), and on and on. AND A LOT BOUGHT INTO IT!

Beaver stepped in and fueled the fire because he named a bartender at the Honors Course that could pour a mean Scotch!....well if that isn't proof, what is!?

And the next thing you know, DTO and ATL jump on board and the "Triumvirate" has spoken and dare to be questioned as the minion posters would sacrifice their live's for these people. Good times!

Even without the fiasco of the last ten years Bama fans still managed to poison Auburn's trees and tea bag a LSU fan in a Krystals' lobby.

After winning a national title.

Some UT fans would do that for an SEC East title.

We’re “wacko” like that. If we’re an outrageous lot, then why wouldn’t ALL THOSE other grounded and reasonable schools and fanbases overlook our insanity and snap him up? :question:

I never said we're wacko. And I never said the backlash was unwarranted. I was relieved that it turned the tide against the hire.

I merely pointed out one reason why the "why hasn't anyone else hired him" logic may not hold water. A guy gets his name dragged through the media in that manner, it would probably affect his LinkedIn profile.

I never said we're wacko. And I never said the backlash was unwarranted. I was relieved that it turned the tide against the hire.

I merely pointed out one reason why the "why hasn't anyone else hired him" logic may not hold water. A guy gets his name dragged through the media in that manner, it would probably affect his LinkedIn profile.

If memory serves, there was a rumor someone else was considering Schiano after we were. And if memory serves, their fan base went into outrage mode as well and started the Twitter/email campaign.

Not that it was widely reported so it's hard to find a link that's not damning Tennessee to the Ninth Circle of Hell.

If memory serves, there was a rumor someone else was considering Schiano after we were. And if memory serves, their fan base went into outrage mode as well and started the Twitter/email campaign.

Not that it was widely reported so it's hard to find a link that's not damning Tennessee to the Ninth Circle of Hell.

:hi:

After winning a national title.

Some UT fans would do that for an SEC East title.

I got serious questions for any dude who would pull out his junk and stick it in another dude’s face for ANY REASON at ANY TIME WHATSOEVER. Serious. Questions.

Oregon considered him the prior season and it was NOT well received by their fan base.

He has NOT been considered anywhere since UT. If he has I am unaware of it.

I kept wanting for him to file a lawsuit against UT for damages but he has NOT.

I suspect that he WON'T sue UT because he doesn't want his checked past drug out in open court for all to consider.

He's probably just going to stay at OSU as DC trying to rebuild his reputation and waiting for UM to retire so he can get elevated to HC. Just my two cents.

Oregon considered him the prior season and it was NOT well received by their fan base.

I suspect that he WON'T sue UT because he doesn't want his checked past drug out in open court for all to consider.

He's probably just going to stay at OSU as DC trying to rebuild his reputation and waiting for UM to retire so he can get elevated to HC. Just my two cents.

He'll get hired by Saban, revive his rep like every other troubled coach who's gone to work for him, and get a head coaching gig. lol

No, his name came up at some point during the HC hiring season with another school. I think it was just rumors, but whichever fan base it was turned it up to 11 like we did (obviously on a smaller scale) and it never came to pass.

Like I said, it's hard to find information about it since we were the most vocal and got the most (extremely biased) coverage on it.

You...seriously didn’t get the “wacko” reference? :huh:

I got serious questions for any dude who would pull out his junk and stick it in another dude’s face for ANY REASON at ANY TIME WHATSOEVER. Serious. Questions.

I don't think Boca meant he would do that, he just likes to watch.

Remember, it's illegal for you to possess these documents. It's different for the media. So everything you learn about this, you're learning from them.

Hopefully someone has pointed this out already, but this not a correct statement. Any citizen of Tennessee can request any public records he-she wants. The state is required to produce them unless there is an exemption.

Reactions: 4 people
The document dump revealed UT decision makers “did their homework” on Schiano, but that may mean only from a legal standpoint. Sure Ohio St vouched for him, but what did you expect them to say?

A major reason it would never work out is negative recruiting. When you are the HEAD coach, you must be held to a higher standard. Sort of why Art Briles hasn’t resurfaced. And there will be a constant “do you think he really knew..?” chatter on the recruiting trail. Parents and HS coaches could draw their own conclusions, and possibly discourage players from coming here. It would be one more obstacle to overcome.

Pruitt is a much better fit, and without the baggage.

Reactions: 12 people
pZNeKqG.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back