Everyone needs to calm down...

Before halfway through the season, I thought the Vols would win 20 games. I took a win in the SEC tourney to do it. The Vols could have had at least 24 wins. I was surpirsed they won some of their games, especially against Kentucky but was glad they did. WOW, a 30 point blow out of last years' National Champion! How far will they go in the NIT? I think at most 2 games. They have to play with all their heart as it's win or go home. I have them facing BYU in the 2nd round and maybe winning and facing the winner of the FSU/Southern Miss game in the Quarterfinals. There could be an all SEC fianls in the NIT. I think it could be KY/Bama. Bama would have to beat Maryland and UMass along the way. Kentucky's toughest game may be against Az. State. I see the Cats winning and making it to the semis against Southern Miss/FSU winner. If the Vols make it to the NIT semis, they have some heart!:yes:

No he didn't. All you guys do is post excuses and foolishness. All summer long the martin slurpers posted about how great we were going to do and what a big raise martin was going to get. Most of the martin slurpers were posting what a waste of scholarship maymon was when he first got here and now after losing some games he is our best player. You are full of it.

Reactions: 3 people
Yep and use the snub as motivation to win the SEC and get a 1 or 2 seed!

Unbelievable the SEC only gets 3 teams in the tournament that ludicrous. :ermm:

:dance2:

Tennesseeduke
I agree! Lol. Not just the sec that should have been in imo. I would have put in UK ut marland if I'm not mistaken. I could be though. My memory slips.

No he didn't. All you guys do is post excuses and foolishness. All summer long the martin slurpers posted about how great we were going to do and what a big raise martin was going to get. Most of the martin slurpers were posting what a waste of scholarship maymon was when he first got here and now after losing some games he is our best player. You are full of it.

I like making stuff up too. I never lose arguments when I do that!

The world is actually flat! The last 3 Presidents all said so!

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Reactions: 2 people

Get bent; nobody was saying that stuff.

Next season is Martin's 6th year of coaching.
If he makes the dance he'll have bested Pearl by 5 years, Knight by 2 and Coach K by 3.
Now what's all the fuss about Martin?
give him his chance.

The people that started all the hatred for Pearl now what to live and let live, it ain't going to happen.

Maymon was stuck on the bench behind Steven Pearl and looked terrible. Who honestly saw his play last season coming?

By the way, I wouldn't have been that excited if you'd told me you looked into the future and UT was going to finish with 19, or even 20, wins. 19 out of 30 is equivalent to a D in grade school and 20 out of 30 is only a C-. I remember when 20 wins was a great feat for a college team, but that was before everyone started playing 30 games or more.

1. Summer predictions are completely irrelevant for blatantly obvious reasons.

2. Your last sentence is hilariously pathetic. For real man, embarrassing stuff.

Please put forth more effort in future posts. Thank you.

I yet to have any idea wtf kind of purpose this type of stuff serves. To get rid of frustration? To look smart? To prod at already pissed off people?
No idea.

Martin haters, Martin lovers, Pearl haters, Pearl lovers, Mears lovers, Jerry Green lovers, Kevin O'Neill haters, etc. etc.

1) Coach Martin and Tennessee blew a lot of golden opportunities to seal a tourney bid. There's no doubt that. However, UT still should have gotten in. This whole "Well, it doesn't matter because we could have played better" is true, but doesn't hide the fact that UT got the shaft.

2) UT won twenty regular season games without their best player playing a single minute this year. If I told you that was going to happen before the season, 95% of you would have jumped for joy at that.

3) I know the NIT is not the NCAA Tourney, but these players put in thousands upon thousands of hours for YOUR entertainment. I don't care how upset you are, you should watch A) Because it's Tennessee and you should always watch Tennessee when you can, because you don't always get that opportunity. B) You should always support the university. C) These players deserve that, especially with all the adversity they've overcome this season.

4) Coach Martin is the coach here. He's going to be the coach here. He's not getting fired, whether he should be or not. There's almost no point in talking about new coaches. We can do that next year if he fails.

5) If UT doesn't make the tourney next year, Martin should and will be fired. Period.

6) Martin needs to figure out how to get the team to grasp the offense better. It's his biggest weakness. It's why we didn't make the tourney and that's inexcusable.

7) The constant bickering and bringing up the same point in a myriad of threads, by both sides, need to stop. Like now.

8) My advice isn't worth much, but here it is: Calm down, support the team in the NIT, enjoy the best four days in sports with the NCAAT this week, maybe go see the Baseball Vols this weekend, say a prayer for Jeronne Maymon's knee, get a drink to toast to Jordan McRae's season, get a grip, and come back tomorrow and let's start talking about next year's team, which will be preseason top 25, and, personally, I think, is going to make some big noise next year. And enjoy that really long run on sentence.

Go Vols!!!!!! :hi:

Great Post!! nuff said:clapping:

The people that started all the hatred for Pearl now what to live and let live, it ain't going to happen.
I just ignore the Pearl haters.
No reason for it and I hope he gets a good gig somewhere.
No reason to think less of a young coach still finding his way.
Pearl was in division 2 in his 5th season and Knight and K were being kicked in the NIT.
No excuses next season though with all the hype about what an improved team we'll have.So called slurpers will then have some explaining to do.

I yet to have any idea wtf kind of purpose this type of stuff serves. To get rid of frustration? To look smart? To prod at already pissed off people?
No idea.

Sparty you are the only one to ask a decent question. You never get asked about why we have to lose ten games before we start to play decent ball, as I said in another thread " you can't appease a radical".

VN Store

Back