Even More LEO Follies

Cameron Redus, a college student in San Antonio, was shot after a traffic stop by campus police

Friends and Family Remember Cameron Redus | expressnews.com

From what I know of this story, Redus was speeding and driving erratically after a night of "celebrating". According to the officer, Redus attacked him. Not saying that this kid deserved to be shot, but why are you classifying this story as a LEO folly?

Dang, I couldn't read the article because I'm not a "digital subscriber" to expressnews.com. I must have missed a very good report on more of LEO follies.

From what I know of this story, Redus was speeding and driving erratically after a night of "celebrating". According to the officer, Redus attacked him. Not saying that this kid deserved to be shot, but why are you classifying this story as a LEO folly?

That's a fair question. All the facts are not in yet. The thread title was more a tribute to volinbham since he has started many similarly titled threads.

My thoughts were that this could be a thread where all LEO follies - or supposed LEO follies - could be collected. There seems to be a new one every few weeks.

I'm no police hater, but I have had my experiences with some over enthusiastic police officers. Officers often put themselves in harm's way as a requirement of their job, and I appreciate that risk. But I still believe a light should be shined upon incidences of police abuse, and this may be one of those cases.

This is one that should be followed. Anytime an unarmed college student is shot by a police officer, I see red flags. Shouldn't an LEO only use deadly force when they feel their life is in jeopardy? Was this officer's life in jeopardy in this situation? It doesn't seem to be the case. Time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person
That's a fair question. All the facts are not in yet. The thread title was more a tribute to volinbham since he has started many similarly titled threads.

My thoughts were that this could be a thread where all LEO follies - or supposed LEO follies - could be collected. There seems to be a new one every few weeks.

I'm no police hater, but I have had my experiences with some over enthusiastic police officers. Officers often put themselves in harm's way as a requirement of their job, and I appreciate that risk. But I still believe a light should be shined upon incidences of police abuse, and this may be one of those cases.

This is one that should be followed. Anytime an unarmed college student is shot by a police officer, I see red flags. Shouldn't an LEO only use deadly force when they feel their life is in jeopardy? Was this officer's life in jeopardy in this situation? It doesn't seem to be the case. Time will tell.

I agree 100%

Remember that there is always a weapon present in all LEO confrontations.

Remember that there is always a weapon present in all LEO confrontations.

Yes, at least one...a semi automatic side arm, a taser, a billy club, at least one rifle in the car...what am I missing?

Curious Dink.. Did he ask what it was for and you said for protection?

Why was he searching your car for weed? Were you smoking and driving?

I stopped smoking and driving a while back and haven't even smoked in a month or two. I was just profiled after being pulled over at 4:30am on a Friday (I bartend at a high volume club).

I would say he is a tall Gilligan looking type with wrinkly clothes on

Actually, no. I've had the juice to post a picture of myself on here and I don't mind saying that I'm a handsome son of a *****. Could you say the same?

Curious Dink.. Did he ask what it was for and you said for protection?

He asked and I told him the truth, which was that I had busted it while splitting logs for my stove. I knew headless axes were illegal, but I think he gave me the ticket because he had to call the K9 in when I told him he couldn't search. Dogs gave a false alert. Shocking.

I stopped smoking and driving a while back and haven't even smoked in a month or two. I was just profiled after being pulled over at 4:30am on a Friday (I bartend at a high volume club).

Actually, no. I've had the juice to post a picture of myself on here and I don't mind saying that I'm a handsome son of a *****. Could you say the same?

He asked and I told him the truth, which was that I had busted it while splitting logs for my stove. I knew headless axes were illegal, but I think he gave me the ticket because he had to call the K9 in when I told him he couldn't search. Dogs gave a false alert. Shocking.

So he didn't have probable cause? Are you going to fight the ticket?

VN Store

Back