Even More LEO Follies

He asked and I told him the truth, which was that I had busted it while splitting logs for my stove. I knew headless axes were illegal, but I think he gave me the ticket because he had to call the K9 in when I told him he couldn't search. Dogs gave a false alert. Shocking.

Although you can surely smash someone with an axe handle, you can really clobber them better with the head on.

Although you can surely smash someone with an axe handle, you can really clobber them better with the head on.

The best part was that he left the axe head. If I'm in a life/death scenario and I have to choose between the two, I'm chiseling a mutha's skull with 8 pounds of steel.

Dog technically gave an alert so he technically had PC.

Originally pulled me over for having a chain dangling from my rearview, hahaha.

Not sure of the situation and I know you could give a shat less, but I appreciate the fact that you quit smoking and driving.

Dogs can smell and alert on transfer. If you or anyone handled weed and transferred it to the car the dog could easily detect it. Sucks about the axe handle and really sucks about the initial pc for the stop. Colorado?

Not sure of the situation and I know you could give a shat less, but I appreciate the fact that you quit smoking and driving.

Dogs can smell and alert on transfer. If you or anyone handled weed and transferred it to the car the dog could easily detect it. Sucks about the axe handle and really sucks about the initial pc for the stop. Colorado?

What sucks worse is when cops profile based on time of day fishing for whatever bs they can based on nothing.

Reactions: 1 person

There hasn't been any weed in my truck since October, and I've deep cleaned it since. That's the weird part.

And I'm in Texas now.

More details have come out. Although the dash cam did not work, a microphone picked it up.

"There is no dashboard video of the shooting available, but a microphone recorded sound from the altercation Friday.

It reveals the campus officer from the University of the Incarnate Word in Alamo Heights giving multiple warnings to the student before firing six shots at him.
Five of them struck him. He was later pronounced dead on the scene, Pruitt said Monday."

Friends: Student killed by officer was gentle; police: he hit officer - CNN.com

I understand people are upset. So is the officer. But before you let your anti-cop prejudices kick in and you make baseless assumptions, you ought to learn to wait and see what the evidence is.

Oh wow:

It reveals the campus officer from the University of the Incarnate Word in Alamo Heights giving multiple warnings to the student before firing six shots at him.
Five of them struck him. He was later pronounced dead on the scene, Pruitt said Monday."

So the kid had a gun, knife or blunt object I guess??

Reactions: 1 person
Oh wow:

No. Supposedly was running toward the officer with a hand raised. He had already had his club taken by the kid. He got it back and holstered it in favor of the gun from what it sounds like. Honestly, I agree with that move. Absolutely tragic the kid was killed, but I'm having a hard time seeing where the officer did anything wrong. Perhaps he could have fired fewer shots? I don't know.

No. Supposedly was running toward the officer with a hand raised. He had already had his club taken by the kid. He got it back and holstered it in favor of the gun from what it sounds like. Honestly, I agree with that move. Absolutely tragic the kid was killed, but I'm having a hard time seeing where the officer did anything wrong. Perhaps he could have fired fewer shots? I don't know.

Officer or civilian, you don't attack an armed man. Do so at your own peril.

Oh wow:

Cops have to stand there and get killed if the perp doesn't bring his own gun and draws first. Its like in the western movies.

Since I'm into being as fair as I can manage; if this cop had been an armed civilian and you were given the same criteria would you say the armed individual would be justified in shooting in self-defense?

I'd want to know more obviously but my default position is "If a civilian could get away with it then a cop should also...and vice versa.".

Since I'm into being as fair as I can manage; if this cop had been an armed civilian and you were given the same criteria would you say the armed individual would be justified in shooting in self-defense?

I'd want to know more obviously but my default position is "If a civilian could get away with it then a cop should also...and vice versa.".

Depends... If the officer was not acting within the law the officer is breaking the law. So it is perfectly legal to protect yourself.

Wtf? People cant carry axe handles in Texas? Armegeddon is nigh.

I find it odd too. Dink must have smarted off and it was all the cop could write him for.

I know you would never do anything like that. :)

I find it odd too. Dink must have smarted off and it was all the cop could write him for.

I know you would never do anything like that. :)
I never dealt with situations quite like that, but....my philosophy was there's always the next time. Never let emotions overcome common sense and you'll sleep well at night. I cant imagine arresting someone for an axe handle EVER making me feel a sense of accomplishment. And seriously, it, to me, was about my country. Ok, ya'll can laugh now.

Depends... If the officer was not acting within the law the officer is breaking the law. So it is perfectly legal to protect yourself.

"Depends" is probably always a good start. Still, perhaps I explained things poorly.

What I meant was there are often people that, given the scenario described (and for the moment let's assume that's accurate) would have no problem feeling someone with a carry permit that was attacked in that manner would be justified in the shooting. At other times there are people that side with LEO in shootings where the odds of a civilian getting away with shooting someone under the given circumstances would be essentially nil.

I just want same=same when people, LEO or civilian, are/aren't justified in the use of deadly force.

I never dealt with situations quite like that, but....my philosophy was there's always the next time. Never let emotions overcome common sense and you'll sleep well at night. I cant imagine arresting someone for an axe handle EVER making me feel a sense of accomplishment. And seriously, it, to me, was about my country. Ok, ya'll can laugh now.

Laugh? Hell no.

I wish there more like you,count, and bigorange15.

Not sure on punkcat. :)

"Depends" is probably always a good start. Still, perhaps I explained things poorly.

What I meant was there are often people that, given the scenario described (and for the moment let's assume that's accurate) would have no problem feeling someone with a carry permit that was attacked in that manner would be justified in the shooting. At other times there are people that side with LEO in shootings where the odds of a civilian getting away with shooting someone under the given circumstances would be essentially nil.

I just want same=same when people, LEO or civilian, are/aren't justified in the use of deadly force.

Yes..And it still depends. Some jurisdictions (liberal) do not like or do not want the appearence of "vigilante" justice. Also, recent events (Zimmerman and another one in San Fran I think) lend me to believe bias and political correctness will or can come in to play. Its never a good situation and there is not one answer for this question.

Yes..And it still depends. Some jurisdictions (liberal) do not like or do not want the appearence of "vigilante" justice. Also, recent events (Zimmerman and another one in San Fran I think) lend me to believe bias and political correctness will or can come in to play. Its never a good situation and there is not one answer for this question.

Granted I was speaking more along the lines of how it should work but I'm not about to contradict you on the reality of the above.

Granted I was speaking more along the lines of how it should work but I'm not about to contradict you on the reality of the above.
Well we all know how it SHOULD work, but we're human and imperfect. Rights right..etc

Well we all know how it SHOULD work, but we're human and imperfect. Rights right..etc

Hey Tim. Is it true that a officer has the ability to choose which laws he will enforce and one he doesn't?

Example. If I run a stop sign. You see me. Pull me over but decide note to cite me. And let me go on my way.

Is the officer right in this? Or has the officer neglected his job responsibility ?

VN Store

Back