ETSU Takes Over 1st Place in SoCon With Win Over Furman in OT 93-81

Bucs open as 5 point favorites tonight.

Anybody betting a SoCon basketball game this season is in a straight jacket by now. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me how UNCG can win 9 in a row including one against ETSU yet still be a 5 point dog.

I'd actually guess UNCG wins something like 75-70, but it really is a tossup. Glad these two made the final though. They were definitely the two best teams.

I was surprised to see the Bucs open as favorite, even more surprised they're a 5pt fav.

I like the OVER 138, especially if the Bucs are shooting like they did last night.

Anybody betting a SoCon basketball game this season is in a straight jacket by now. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me how UNCG can win 9 in a row including one against ETSU yet still be a 5 point dog.

I'd actually guess UNCG wins something like 75-70, but it really is a tossup. Glad these two made the final though. They were definitely the two best teams.

I was surprised to see the Bucs open as favorite, even more surprised they're a 5pt fav.

I like the OVER 138, especially if the Bucs are shooting like they did last night.

I personally think it's the beating a team a 3rd time thing. The underdog of 5 pts. though is a bit much. If they're going to give my Bucs to be favorite it should be 2-3 pts. & not 5 pts. Bucs get their revenge here in a little over an hour. I'll be watching. GO BUCS!

Great win and what a second half! The refs were horrible - some of those offensive foul calls were god awful and they missed a blantant out of bounds call on UNCG at the end.

I'm predicting a 12 seed.

Reactions: 1 person
Great win and what a second half! The refs were horrible - some of those offensive foul calls were god awful and they missed a blantant out of bounds call on UNCG at the end.

I'm predicting a 12 seed.

Yeah, that out of bounds call looks bad. The offensive foul when UNG was trying to foul though was on ETSU. In situations like that, usually refs blow the quick whistle knowing what's going on but the ETSU player was thrashing around and did throw his back into the UNG player. Hopefully a learning experience.

The offensive foul on the drive to the basket though...in real time it looked like a block. In slow mo it was offensive foul. One of those 50/50 calls. The defender did do a good job of planting his feet and taking the hit.....

....but at the end of the day....

ETSU is GOING DANCING!!!! And Steve Forbes is probably getting a promotion. The way he built this team and motivates them will get him some looks for sure.

Yeah, that out of bounds call looks bad. The offensive foul when UNG was trying to foul though was on ETSU. In situations like that, usually refs blow the quick whistle knowing what's going on but the ETSU player was thrashing around and did throw his back into the UNG player. Hopefully a learning experience.

The offensive foul on the drive to the basket though...in real time it looked like a block. In slow mo it was offensive foul. One of those 50/50 calls. The defender did do a good job of planting his feet and taking the hit.....

....but at the end of the day....

ETSU is GOING DANCING!!!! And Steve Forbes is probably getting a promotion. The way he built this team and motivates them will get him some looks for sure.

The two bolds above. I saw that guy out of bounds live for UNCG. The ref wasn't even looking at his feet. He was watching the players to see if there was any contact to call a foul.

I personally don't think Forbes is going anywhere after this season anyhow. ETSU already gave him an extension & raise so I don't think he will leave to a bigger school just yet. In two years, that may be a different story though with continued success. Thanks.

VN Store

Back