ETSU Takes Over 1st Place in SoCon With Win Over Furman in OT 93-81

Bucs lost to UNCG 72-66 leading to a regular season tie for 1st place in the SoCon. UNCG will be the #1 seed in the conference tourney though because they beat ETSU twice in the regular season.

This makes my night in so many ways.

If it wasn't for one particular, obnoxious poster I'd most likely be a pretty big fan of ETSU and would be pulling for them to take their conference tournament and get to the 2nd weekend or better in the NCAAT. Now I really don't give a **** if they completely flame out.

Bucs lost to UNCG 72-66 leading to a regular season tie for 1st place in the SoCon. UNCG will be the #1 seed in the conference tourney though because they beat ETSU twice in the regular season.

Didn't see that one coming....

.....except, I did.

Was you for UNCG? Not me. I'm a big time Bucs fan. Doesn't really hurt them much except for losing that #1 seed in the SoCon tourney. Thanks.

Dont care either way any other season but this one because of ElSeniorDufus running his mouth all the time.

Tied halfway through the 2nd half. In other words, your standard SoCon game this year.

ETSU likely wins this. Mercer has been awful in close games this year. They have a way of going into hibernation mode offensively down the stretch. They get nothing out of their bigs and don't create a lot of easy baskets.

Lol... And just like that ETSU goes on an 11-0 run going into the under 8:00 timeout. Saw that coming from a mile away.

I've sat in the arena and seen this movie repeatedly this year.

Lol... And just like that ETSU goes on an 11-0 run going into the under 8:00 timeout. Saw that coming from a mile away.

Very curious season for sure.

Thanks for the update on my Bucs. :good!:

Good to see the Bucs get the win last night. Mercer was on fire in the first half, but the Bucs played good defense and Glass had a really good game.

This is a very talented roster. If ETSU can win the SOCON, they will be a scary matchup in what will probably be a 5/12 or 4/13 first round game.

Reactions: 1 person
They ought to handle Samford with no problem. The final will be a crapshoot though. ETSU is the most athletic team in the league, but UNCG is probably more complete and shoots it better from 3.

My Bulldogs just couldn't hit tonight....good luck to ETSU in the finals

They played a hard fought game but nobody could stop Cromer tonight. From the first shot on, he was on fire.

Should be a good final tomorrow night. ETSU should travel well and if they're shooting like they were tonight they will be dancing.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back