ESPN Rumor Central: Dooley & staff are mean to the players?

Travis you just went full retard. Man that took guts, You don't ever go full retard. Hyams he plays it a little slow, but never full retard.

Reactions: 1 person
Mean to players? Wow. Dooley took over a team largely the product of Fulmer that was not mentally tough. I don't think there should be constant cursing but being "mean" is part of what most good coaches do for the same reason drill sgt's do it. You have to put people who will face high pressure situations under as much simulated stress as you can. You aren't going to pamper players to the mental toughness to be able to deal with 4th and goal vs Bama with the SEC title on the line.

Ashamed that the Peyton Manning thing made it to a national news outlet. Now the whole country knows just how stupid our fans are.

Bob Gilbert is a bitter old fart who hates TN Football. He is in the same class as Clay Travis. (It was hard to use the word "class" in the same sentence with "Clay Travis".)

Wow, just wow. So ESPN just quotes Clay Travis who throws out names like Carroll and Tressel and Manning among a host of others with absolutely no basis for any of them? Does anyone check sources any more?

Today's journalism: Throw excrement at the wall and see what sticks.

how dare our coaches use 4 letter words..... Spit, Snot, Crap, Heck (oh can't use heck, it is patented by another guy)

I guess if DD were to call a player a mf'er on national tv like Cal, it would be a non issue.
Add CT to the list of p***ies, including many on this site.

Reactions: 2 people
OK, he may be on the hot seat. But it's not because he and his staff are mean to the players, as ESPN suggests. LOL

Can you imagine a coaching staff using cuss words? The very idea.:eek:lol:

They just can't top Asst Coaches busting in the room tearing off their shirts!!!!!!:crazy:

When they quote Travis and Gilbert it is evidence it is a hit piece. They look for anyone who will make a sensational story. :crazy: Would they write a story that UT is upgrading its recruiting class by de-committing a kid who will never see the field or the kid who can't pass his SAT? Would they write we could realize an big upgrade in our coaching staff? This is all like helium going out of a balloon. It too will pass gas. :whistling:

Please tell me that Jerry Sandusky is not on our short list! He is currently unemployed.

Travis' star-studded list includes: Chris Petersen (Boise St.), Gary Patterson (TCU), Peter Carroll (Seahawks), Charlie Strong (Louisville), James Franklin (Vanderbilt), Dan Mullen (Mississippi St.), Manny Diaz (DC at Texas), Kirby Smart (DC at Ole Miss), Jim Tressel (formerly of Ohio State), and, yes, even Tennessee legend Peyton Manning.
Not gonna lie, I about pissed myself laughing at this. What the hell is the qualifications these days for the media?

You are right 865 - The Vest got a 5 year show cause smack down. He's done.

Just read what Travis said. I cannot believe that even ESPN would stoop that low to publish what he says. Travis is NOT "spot on" with anything. To believe that is to believe deception and lies are the truth. Not a good idea. We all know how haters end up. Miserable with themselves.

OK, he may be on the hot seat. But it's not because he and his staff are mean to the players, as ESPN suggests. LOL
They lost 99% of the readers when they started quoting the mental retard and his love affair with James Franklin.

VN Store

Back