ESPN really does hate us

Reactions: HighWaterVol
Not just TN. They push the women’s game constantly and ahead of most men’s games.
ESPN pushes that WNBA rock up the hill with gusto for sure. I don’t even watch the NBA…so my interest in WNBA is non detectable. It’s well documented…ESPN has migrated from sports to agenda driven programming. If we ain’t playing on ESPN…it ain’t on my rate-able cable. But I highly doubt they “hate” Tennessee in the classic way.

Not just TN. They push the women’s game constantly and ahead of most men’s games.
And still...a majority of folks (overwhelming majority) simply don't care. This will of course be heard by many to be a mean thing to say, but the numbers prove it.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Yes, it is annoying. You got to NCAAM (NCAA MENS TEAMS) and just about every other story is about the women's game. I don't know why they have to push it so hard. I just scroll past. It's like putting salt in the pepper shaker. You keep them apart because they are DIFFERENT!!!

Sportscenter is so west coast and east coast bias it's pathetic. Any team not named Dodgers/Yankees/Gonzaga/Lakers need not apply. And it must be an OSHA regulation that they put at least 1 softball player catching a pop up in the " TOP TEN PLAYS"

Ratings numbers, the one and only driver of TV. TN like or hate does not figure in the plan at all. Conspiracy theories last a long time.

Alabama is way underrated. As much as it hurts me to say that.

True, but I don't think they are as good as Illinois. I could see them being ahead of Duke.

Ironically, I think Tennessee would have an easier matchup in the next game if we get by Purdue. Purdue will be our toughest opponent until the Title game (at least on paper).

Granted when we get cold, we could lose to any of those other 7 teams. However, you can say that about a lot of teams.

The thing about Alabama, though, is that they are a BETTER team than Clemson IMO and that is what matters for today.

For me sports center started at 7:00

A list of things covered before Tennessee's game on ESPN this morning

-Duke
-2 NBA games
-Caitlin Clark
-Purdue
-MLB
-And my personal favorite WNBA FREE AGENCY

The Tennessee game was finally given 30 seconds at 7:35

Edit: I get the rights thing but they have spent more time talking about Alabama vs. Clemson. They can talk about us but choose not to

Tennessee versus the world baby. Let's make them talk about us and win the whole effing thing
It's over-produced, over-commercialized, over-editorialized garbage. I really don't see how anyone can stand to watch it for more than a few minutes.

Yes, it is annoying. You got to NCAAM (NCAA MENS TEAMS) and just about every other story is about the women's game. I don't know why they have to push it so hard. I just scroll past. It's like putting salt in the pepper shaker. You keep them apart because they are DIFFERENT!!!
They have to push it to try and gain viewership. Caitlin Clark is all they have right now to take the game to a place its never been in viewership. If you can gain enough interest for people to bet on it then people will watch it. Personally, it's really hard to watch it.

They do this every year because they have the broadcasts rights to the women’s tournament

Yep. Not nearly the same level but it's like last year they broadcast XFL games but didn't even act like the USFL existed; like old school wrestling when the WWF and NWA/WCW wouldn't acknowledge each other before 1996.

They have to push it to try and gain viewership. Caitlin Clark is all they have right now to take the game to a place its never been in viewership. If you can gain enough interest for people to bet on it then people will watch it. Personally, it's really hard to watch it.

The betting thing is worse to me. I don't mind promoting the women's game though I think they go a tad overboard. But the Bet ESPN thing is ridiculous now.

ESPN pushes that WNBA rock up the hill with gusto for sure. I don’t even watch the NBA…so my interest in WNBA is non detectable. It’s well documented…ESPN has migrated from sports to agenda driven programming. If we ain’t playing on ESPN…it ain’t on my rate-able cable. But I highly doubt they “hate” Tennessee in the classic way.

They have a contract with the NBA and part of the agreement is they have to probably push the WNBA.

I know people get all bent out of shape about "agendas" and pushing narratives and yeah there is some but every network is like that, and in the end they care about one thing, money. And if a thing that is making them money tells them to do something, they're going to do it. Just like every other coporation and business.

Again not saying there isn't some agendas and narratives, but I think people get WAY too caught up in that and that whole aspect of getting people whipped into a frenzy about agendas is an agenda and business all into itself.

They have a contract with the NBA and part of the agreement is they have to probably push the WNBA.

I know people get all bent out of shape about "agendas" and pushing narratives and yeah there is some but every network is like that, and in the end they care about one thing, money. And if a thing that is making them money tells them to do something, they're going to do it. Just like every other coporation and business.

Again not saying there isn't some agendas and narratives, but I think people get WAY too caught up in that and that whole aspect of getting people whipped into a frenzy about agendas is an agenda and business all into itself.
Exactly… let the Vols add a male to the women’s swimming team and we’ll become an ESPN darling. I agree with your assessment.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000

They’re pushing women’s sports because ads run during them are more effective. This includes advertisements aimed primarily at men, like hair restoration and impotency treatments. Women’s sports score high for TV advertisers in new research

It's over-produced, over-commercialized, over-editorialized garbage. I really don't see how anyone can stand to watch it for more than a few minutes.
That’s 35 minutes wasted. Could have been getting some extra sleep. Much more productive time! Lol

I never ever watch,
Especially Stupid People Network!

While I agree with this, it is inconsistent for them to not talk more about Alabama and Tennessee basketball as they also, now, have a contract with the SEC and the success of SEC helps them in their rivalry with Fox/CBS (B1G).

VN Store

Back