A list of things covered before Tennessee's game on ESPN this morning

-Duke
-2 NBA games
-Caitlin Clark
-Purdue
-MLB
-And my personal favorite WNBA FREE AGENCY

The Tennessee game was finally given 30 seconds at 7:35

Edit: I get the rights thing but they have spent more time talking about Alabama vs. Clemson. They can talk about us but choose not to

Tennessee versus the world baby. Let's make them talk about us and win the whole effing thing

Last edited:
As bad as it is, ESPN has their preferences on a national scale and within each conference to fit their narrative, look at perhaps the biggest Cinderella story of the college basketball post season with minimal coverage, North Carolina State, their run through the ACC tournament and into the Elite 8, those runs are what the tournament is all about, their run in 1974 interrupted the UCLA inventory of Wooden led championships and the run in 1983 is well documented and laid the foundation for what is generally called survive and advance.

Very little that North Carolina State does "fits" any aspect of the ESPN narratives, Tennessee isn't very far behind,

Not just TN. They push the women’s game constantly and ahead of most men’s games.
They are not covering the men's tourney. They have the women's tourney. I am sure they have limited access to coverage of the men's games. Also they would be obliged to show and talk about the women first.

For me sports center started at 7:00

A list of things covered before Tennessee's game on ESPN this morning

-Duke
-2 NBA games
-Caitlin Clark
-Purdue
-MLB
-And my personal favorite WNBA FREE AGENCY

The Tennessee game was finally given 30 seconds at 7:35

Edit: I get the rights thing but they have spent more time talking about Alabama vs. Clemson. They can talk about us but choose not to

Tennessee versus the world baby. Let's make them talk about us and win the whole effing thing
You should be embarrassed

Not just TN. They push the women’s game constantly and ahead of most men’s games.
They've got revenue coming in for the women's game their just working on finally making a profit some day, it may never happen. If they can make a profit it will help the game, it is propped up as is right now.

Being behind Klempson and NC State is curious.
no not really, ESPN has ALWAYS had a biased ACC basketball lean. Better TV markets would be my guess. I don't see either of those two teams being in their next reseeding

Reactions: 08Vol
Sportscenter is so west coast and east coast bias it's pathetic. Any team not named Dodgers/Yankees/Gonzaga/Lakers need not apply. And it must be an OSHA regulation that they put at least 1 softball player catching a pop up in the " TOP TEN PLAYS"

Reactions: VOLociraptorr
They do this every year because they have the broadcasts rights to the women’s tournament
It’s like everyone forgets that the Sports Center of today is completely different than what it was 10 - 15 years ago. For better or worse, when it became easy to get highlights for basically every team and sport online, Sports Center changed their MO and now mainly focuses on the few major market teams and the sports that they or ABC carry.

VN Store

Back