ESPN is Classless

Good thing UT players don't make gestures during the game. Oh wait...

ut-player-flips-off-bama-fans.gif

When WE do it ESPN announcers demand they get kicked off the team. THEY do it and Kentucky fans take their case pro bono. :)

Reactions: 3 people
The million dollar question is what took them so long to pull Hurts. He is probably a nice kid but he has never impressed me on the field. Bama only went 25-2 under him because of team depth and a relatively light schedule.

The new QB looked to be a talented passer when I saw him in the regular season. Didn't Kiffin primarily recruit him?

Gutsy move by Saban - changing QBs at the half. And it worked out. But just think what the people would be saying if it hadn't worked out - "He put in a QB without a single meaningful snap on the college level? What? Of course he lost? He lost the game and his mind!" Stuff like that. But he gambled and it paid off. I guess that they were able to overcome that Hawaiian language barrier :)

One has to wonder what Hurts will do now

If I were him I would consider a position change. He is never going to play in the NFL as a QB but he is a helluva athlete. I don't know if he has good hands but I would look to Braxton Miller for inspiration.

I'm pretty sure if Hurts didn't want to do the interview, he could have declined. ESPN didn't have a gun on him forcing him to do it.

Hell, it will probably help him find a good school when he transfers.

Hurts has been bad since the Auburn game. Saban only choice if he wanted to win was to change.

Not sure if Hurts can be a good pocket passer and good defensive teams have realized it by now.

Hurts has been bad since the Auburn game. Saban only choice if he wanted to win was to change.

Not sure if Hurts can be a good pocket passer and good defensive teams have realized it by now.

Hurts has never been good. It has been disguised for awhile.

They just interview Jallen Hurts after the game. You know the kid has got to be feeling bitter sweet right now. He answered they're question very respectfully, but you can tell hes torn.

ESPN has been pulling alot of this Sh** lately like announcing Scott Frost was going to Nebraska during the end of the Memphis game (before the game had been decided)

Actually, Hurts was 100% supportive of his backup. And yeah, you can tell he he hated being replaced, but he got them there. If he had been any player but a QB, it wouldn't be seen as a big deal.

I don't think interviewing him was disrespectful at all by ESPN. In fact, I saw it as the opposite. Because had he not given Tagovailoa the support he did, it's almost certain they would have lost.

As to the Frost thing, I agree with you, that was mishandled. But not this at all.

The disrespectful thing last night was a handheld camera behind the bench trying to get a close-up of the Alabama player after he collapsed and was being loaded onto a cart. I thought that old guy was going to reach up and smack the camera.

Reactions: 2 people
I feel for Hurts a little. But Saban was right...again.

No other coach in the country has the guts to change QB's in that game. Not one.

IDK. I think anyone could see Hurts wasn't going to be able to pass and Bama wasn't going to win with just running the ball. I'm more surprised with Saban staying with him when he made some idiotic plays than with them making a change.

They just interview Jallen Hurts after the game. You know the kid has got to be feeling bitter sweet right now. He answered they're question very respectfully, but you can tell hes torn.

ESPN has been pulling alot of this Sh** lately like announcing Scott Frost was going to Nebraska during the end of the Memphis game (before the game had been decided)

The Frost news is all on him. He was the one who decided to sign his MOU before the Memphis game. If he just tells them to wait until after the game, then it is probably just reported as speculation instead of hard news. I don't see how you can blame a media outlet for reporting information that had just come out. Frost could have handled that differently, or maybe that's how he wanted it handled.

WTF. It's their job as journalists to get the scoop and they didn't do anything wrong here. They gave Jalen Hurts a platform to show what a man he is and he won hearts and minds. If you don't want to talk to the media after you get benched, don't play college sports.

The disrespectful thing last night was a handheld camera behind the bench trying to get a close-up of the Alabama player after he collapsed and was being loaded onto a cart. I thought that old guy was going to reach up and smack the camera.

Agreed! I was like really?? If they start doing CPR is ESPN going to show to millions on live tv???

VN Store

Back