ESPN is Classless

I didn’t think he was torn at all. Seemed about as sincere as possible.

He’s gotta know that he’ll never play another meaningful snap at Alabama again though.

another meaningful snap at Alabama again though as a QB. He's another kid that is a product of his father coaching him in hs forcing a square peg in a round hole. IN his case he is a good football player and athlete, probably as a safety or RB, he simply does not have the skill set to be a very good QB especially in the NFL.

You can't just ignore that. Hurts got them there and he deserves a chance to show what kind of a person he is.

He wasnt that important to Alabama in the grand scheme of things. Alabama is the NC because of great defense and a stout run game. Bama hasnt had great QB play since McCaaron. Same with Georgia. Fromm is good but Georgia is where it is because of the best RBs in the country and a great defense.

Reactions: 1 person
Hurts handled it like a true sport. He didn't look like he was shying away from any interviews to me. That's how players are supposed to handle them type of things. Hurts is a good player but he wasn't having a good game, the player they brought in they were confident in. Good coaching move, that's what great coaches do they make the tough decisions and don't worry about what the fans and media think. The coaches know the players and situation a lot better than 99 percent of the fans. The great teams have players that by in and don't whine and cry when things don't go well. Kudos to Hurts for being a man. As far as the media talking to him it was the national championship game, he is a man and you have to expect the questions. In this case the reporters did nothing wrong and I don't think it bothered Hurts one bit, in fact some of the folks whining about them interviewing Hurts could take some lessons from Hurts.:rock:

Last edited:
I think Hurts will be looking for a place to transfer to starting tomorrow.

He just isn't really good as a passing QB and that's his downfall.

He has so much talent and abilities that I'd have to suggest that he make a position change while he's still young and has 2 more years to learn and perfect that position to still get drafted in the early rounds.

He might turn into a great WR or TE with all his natural abilities but he'll never be a great QB especially in the NFL.

VFL...GBO!!!

He did the throat slash to us last year. Glad the other kid won it. That kid is a class act.

Good thing UT players don't make gestures during the game. Oh wait...

ut-player-flips-off-bama-fans.gif

Reactions: 3 people
I think Hurts will be looking for a place to transfer to starting tomorrow.

He just isn't really good as a passing QB and that's his downfall.

He has so much talent and abilities that I'd have to suggest that he make a position change while he's still young and has 2 more years to learn and perfect that position to still get drafted in the early rounds.

He might turn into a great WR or TE with all his natural abilities but he'll never be a great QB especially in the NFL.

VFL...GBO!!!

He fits Kiffin's style or maybe it was that Kiffin ran the offense using the strengths of his players - either way he looked better with Kiffin as OC.

Bama has tried to use him this year in a different way and that does not fit his strengths.

Why is this classless? He’s a part of the team. His backup is better than him, he doesn’t like it? Well. Get good.

Side note -- ESPN #9 play of the year -- the UF hail mary --- way to go Butch

I'm pretty sure if Hurts didn't want to do the interview, he could have declined. ESPN didn't have a gun on him forcing him to do it.

I feel for Hurts a little. But Saban was right...again.

No other coach in the country has the guts to change QB's in that game. Not one.

If he is so smart why did it take him that long to play him. It was more of a desperation move. If Hurts plays the entire game it was going to be a beat down. Please do not give little Nicky more credit than he deserves. A monkey could win with those players.

If he is so smart why did it take him that long to play him. It was more of a desperation move. If Hurts plays the entire game it was going to be a beat down. Please do not give little Nicky more credit than he deserves. A monkey could win with those players.

bet Butch Jones couldnt

VN Store

Back