ESPN - Hooker - Heisman

I’m one of the older guys that just never got over 1997. I see them giving it to Stroud no matter what happens so the he!! With that thing in my eyes.

I could see the reason Peyton lost the Heisman as being the reason Hendon could win it. In 97, everyone (outside the south) was sick and tired of hearing how Peyton was awarded the Heisman before the season started. They were looking for something different and exciting and Woodson gave them that. It was a vote against the system as much as anything. And face it, he was the 3rd best offense/defense player I had seen, behind Carl Pickens and Champ Bailey. I really think people will start to pick at stroud looking for a reason not to vote for him, and if enough people pick long enough, Hooker could keep playing himself into their minds.

Reactions: Owl-flavored
HH= HH

Hendon Hooker will need to beat last year's Heisman winner TWICE (HH) to win it himself.

Sort of joking, but I do believe he will have that chance and that he will capitalize on it.
LSU may be the team we play twice. I think they have a good chance to beat Bama.

"If" he throws for 300+ against UGA and we get the win on the road, it will be a 2 player race for the trophy. A loss against UGA doesn't take him out of it, but it will be the excuse the "experts" give for him not winning it.
If he wins against Georgia, the Heisman is his. 2 wins against top 3 opponents? Are you kidding me? Stroud will wilt against Michigan. If Iowa had any offense, they would have been up 21 at halftime. Stroud has played longer, against interior competition. Hooker has been out at halftime several times.

Reactions: volinSmyrna
If he wins against Georgia, the Heisman is his. 2 wins against top 3 opponents? Are you kidding me? Stroud will wilt against Michigan. If Iowa had any offense, they would have been up 21 at halftime. Stroud has played longer, against interior competition. Hooker has been out at halftime several times.
Color me jaded against the Heisman structure, but I'll believe it when I see it. Players that "should" have won it have come up short several times. There is always the Southern split with votes getting split between Young and Hooker. Stroud has the North locked up. Williams at USC will steal some of the votes out West. I agree, if we win out and he keeps playing like he has been, Hooker "should" win it.

I have zero confidence that Hooker wins the Hiestman. Even if we go 15-0. It is a political trophy and Tennessee is on the outside looking in.

good grief. We're the whiniest fanbase. Always complaining about bias and the it's not fair crap. Win and it all takes care of itself.

Reactions: kcvols1
Kinda feels like we would have to beat Georgia and win SEC championship for Hooker to have a chance. I’d love for us to face Ohio State in playoffs.

Reactions: kcvols1
I hesitate STRONGLY to say this, given the whole Charles Woodson fiasco, but I think we have to root for Michigan to beat CJ Stroud silly.

Reactions: Volfan574
The voters for the heisman much like the pollsters will have bias. When the trophy isn't earned on the field of play but by votes, it's an uphill battle for Tennessee and anyone who dons the orange. If arguably the greatest qb the game has ever seen, finished second to a defensive back, I can't imagine any scenario that would lead to Hooker breaking thru.
I’ve been leaning towards CJ Stroud. I think too many voters don’t want the SEC to win the Heisman and National Championship.

Stroud is a baller and good player, but on paper a very weak schedule of competition.

VN Store

Back