ESPN FPI predicts Tennessee finish

You and fade are so funny. If we had hired Dan Fawkin Mullen you two would have us winning 10 games going to Atlanta and being the first team to make the playoffs with 2 losses. Lmao.

:crazy:

My point exactly, I forget, how many NC rings does mullen have? :crazy:

There is a good chance this wouldn't be a topic here today if we made Mullen our first choice instead of the bargain bin guy in Schiano (We waited too long and UF took advantage once Chip Kelly decided on UCLA)....

EDIT - We will know the answer in 3-4 years. I think the floor is higher with Mullen but there would have been a ceiling at UT for him. I think there could be a higher ceiling for Pruitt but the floor is much much lower.

How many NC rings does Mullen and his staff have? and yes that is a big indicator of coaching and developing players. Pruitt has beaten the best offenses College Football has had......why is that not enough credibility that he builds a better team this year?

I see three definite/probable losses and three definite wins.
The other six are toss ups. I'll say 7-5 would be a good guess.

Last edited:
Hey! I talked to a Georgia fan from my work site the other day, and he tells me that his friends that are bulldog fans is worried about Pruitt. He says about 30 to 40% of bulldog fans are worried that Smart can’t beat Pruitt, but about 60% of them don’t worry. He had told some of them that don’t worry, that you better wake up and see what is happening with recruiting in Knoxville, and that the new spirit that they have. He and some of his friends believe that Pruitt is a smart head football coach, and his winning attitude is going to dominate over Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. He doesn’t think that Kirby can beat him. Him and his friends also thinks that, Pruitt will develop players far much better than any other coach in the SEC, and be right up there with Nick Saban. He thinks 10-2 as well for Tennessee this year. He also said that if Smart is going to beat the cold, it better be this year, because after that, Georgia and Florida will struggle against y’all. I’ve been saying it now for a while, I just don’t think Smart can beat Pruitt. I think we can beat them and Florida and go 10 and 2 this year.

lol this isn't the case at all. No one believes that Smart is incapable of beating Pruitt just like no one believes that Pruitt is incapable of beating smart. As a Georgia fan I guarantee Smart will win some and Pruitt will win some. I predict a Smart win this year simply on talent differential, but next year is a different story.

Reactions: 1 person
How many NC rings does Mullen and his staff have? and yes that is a big indicator of coaching and developing players. Pruitt has beaten the best offenses College Football has had......why is that not enough credibility that he builds a better team this year?

Mullen won 2 at Florida and had an undefeated season at Utah while on Urban's staff...

lol this isn't the case at all. No one believes that Smart is incapable of beating Pruitt just like no one believes that Pruitt is incapable of beating smart. As a Georgia fan I guarantee Smart will win some and Pruitt will win some. I predict a Smart win this year simply on talent differential, but next year is a different story.

Did you talk to his friends?

Did you talk to his friends?

Ignoring the fact that I went to UGA so I probably know a bit more UGA fans, do you think it’s realistic for a fan base that just had its best season in 37 years and best recruiting class ever to believe a team that just went through a coaching change will be so good that there’s absolutely no chance they’ll win? I doubt 30-40% of any sec team fan base believes that their team has a 0% chance to win against another sec team. Read my previous post, I'm not trolling saying UT has no chance in winning. My point is that its ridiculous to claim that 30-40% of UGA fans believe that Smart will never beat Pruitt. Just from reading this board the general consensus on UGA fans is that they are overly confident given their team's tendency to blow big games and not finish, and I'd agree with that. However you can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
I see three definite/probable losses and two definite wins.
The other seven are toss ups. I'll say 7-5 would be a good guess.

Which cupcake do you see as a toss-up game, Peaygolf? Charlotte, Texas-El Paso, or East Tennessee State?

Ignoring the fact that I went to UGA so I probably know a bit more UGA fans, do you think it’s realistic for a fan base that just had its best season in 37 years and best recruiting class ever to believe a team that just went through a coaching change will be so good that there’s absolutely no chance they’ll win? I doubt 30-40% of any sec team fan base believes that their team has a 0% chance to win against another sec team. Read my previous post, I'm not trolling saying UT has no chance in winning. My point is that its ridiculous to claim that 30-40% of UGA fans believe that Smart will never beat Pruitt. Just from reading this board the general consensus on UGA fans is that they are overly confident given their team's tendency to blow big games and not finish, and I'd agree with that. However you can't have it both ways.

Haha, I just wondered if you talk to his friends, evidently someone thinks what you said no one does.

Haha, I just wondered if you talk to his friends, evidently someone thinks what you said no one does.

lol I thought you were just giving me flack for being a UGA fan here, which is why you can see the extra effort I added in the edit. I'm sure there's been tons of obnoxious trolls here, UGA in particular, so I tried to add in the olive branch in the last part. Seems like no football brings out the worst in people... just look at the news! :lolabove:

lol I thought you were just giving me flack for being a UGA fan here, which is why you can see the extra effort I added in the edit. I'm sure there's been tons of obnoxious trolls here, UGA in particular, so I tried to add in the olive branch in the last part. Seems like no football brings out the worst in people... just look at the news! :lolabove:

How can UGA fans watch the news? Usually your TV breaks during games that you lose in a heart-breaking fashion......

How can UGA fans watch the news? Usually your TV breaks during games that you lose in a heart-breaking fashion......

Believe me... I know. I remember watching the Dobbnail game and after the Eason touchdown pass I told my wife that it would be the most Georgia thing in the world to lose the game after that. She was amazed that I called it. I wasn't. My TV didnt break, but my heart did. You'd think we'd get used to it by now, but all state of Georgia teams find new ways of letting us down every year. I can only hope my braves don't have another september implosion.

Last edited:
Believe me... I know. I remember watching the Dobbnail game and after the Eason touchdown pass I told my wife that it would be the most Georgia thing in the world to lose the game after that. She was amazed that I called it. I wasn't. My TV didnt break, but my heart did. You'd think we'd get used to it by now, but all state of Georgia teams find new ways of letting us down every year. I can only hope my braves don't have another september implosion.

The Braves will wait until October to implode.....

I thought Braves baseball was the one thing UT and UGA fans could agree on outside of a mutual hate of Alabama.

I am a Braves fan, but I lived in the Atlanta area for 40 years. I guess that is the main reason I do not like Georgia football. I don't mind seeing Ga. Tech win a few games each year. I do like Varsity hot dogs.

Well, as it says, it's based heavily on last year's performance. Hence the 5-7 prediction. That's certainly possible but then again almost anything is possible in college football.

You're exactly right. The easiest prediction is to simply extrapolate what's happened in the recent past into the future. And that's no more courageous, smart, or insightful than predicting the past.

Reactions: 2 people
I am a Braves fan, but I lived in the Atlanta area for 40 years. I guess that is the main reason I do not like Georgia football. I don't mind seeing Ga. Tech win a few games each year. I do like Varsity hot dogs.

Understandable. There are a lot of obnoxious barkers here. Chili dog and onion rings was always my go to at the varsity. It’s definitely different not going to Atlanta for Braves games any more. The new stadium is nice though.

Understandable. There are a lot of obnoxious barkers here. Chili dog and onion rings was always my go to at the varsity. It’s definitely different not going to Atlanta for Braves games any more. The new stadium is nice though.

I am impressed with the new stadium even though it only seats less than 43,000.

That is true but....
You also have to remember who the caretaker of TN football was at that time also....
New Sheriff in town now...things gonna be a lot different..
We will all be surprised what coaching can do for this team...
GBO

we win 8 games this year minimum...:clapping:

I like your optimism, and I hope you are correct. Would be SEC coach of the year for sure.

As a UT fan with a great many in-law dogs I can confirm the comment above. In fact, I would wager that greater than 90% think they will destroy us each and every year with Smart at the helm. They are understandably riding high at this point right now.

You and fade are so funny. If we had hired Dan Fawkin Mullen you two would have us winning 10 games going to Atlanta and being the first team to make the playoffs with 2 losses. Lmao.

:crazy:

No, but swap coaches and I’d have us beating Florida with Mullen as HC of Vols versus a Gators team with Pruitt. Then we’d win 6 and go to a bowl.

Hey! I talked to a Georgia fan from my work site the other day, and he tells me that his friends that are bulldog fans is worried about Pruitt. He says about 30 to 40% of bulldog fans are worried that Smart can’t beat Pruitt, but about 60% of them don’t worry. He had told some of them that don’t worry, that you better wake up and see what is happening with recruiting in Knoxville, and that the new spirit that they have. He and some of his friends believe that Pruitt is a smart head football coach, and his winning attitude is going to dominate over Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. He doesn’t think that Kirby can beat him. Him and his friends also thinks that, Pruitt will develop players far much better than any other coach in the SEC, and be right up there with Nick Saban. He thinks 10-2 as well for Tennessee this year. He also said that if Smart is going to beat the cold, it better be this year, because after that, Georgia and Florida will struggle against y’all. I’ve been saying it now for a while, I just don’t think Smart can beat Pruitt. I think we can beat them and Florida and go 10 and 2 this year.

Idiot.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back