ESPN Disrespects Heupel

Lane Kiffin is a joke. He is stuck at Ole Miss and he is waiting for the UF job to open which is his last chance for a major SEC job after being passed over by Auburn, Bama, Tennessee and LSU. He whines and cries out of envy for the SEC Big Boy programs and is beyond lucky to be at Ole Miss. He is the self proclaimed transfer portal king which will fall flat on its face in 2024.
This is a monster year for Kiffin . It’s put up or shut up time. With all of the resources and NIL $ they’ve thrown at guys in the portal it has to be CFP or bust this season. Even though Judkins left (which no one was crying about), they’ve brought in a lot of talent and return one of the best QB’s in the league. They will be favored in a lot of games.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Who the f***k cares? It's your fault for watching or reading anything produced by ESPN, and worse yet for taking it seriously enough to actually start a thread.
If EPSN went out of business tomorrow, I could care less. Nothing but a bunch of elites, with a$$-clown Corso, telling us what to think. Much like the MSM.

Reactions: sami
If EPSN went out of business tomorrow, I could care less. Nothing but a bunch of elites, with a$$-clown Corso, telling us what to think. Much like the MSM.

We stopped watching anything on ESPN aside from games as well as any televised news or talk radio about 25 years ago. I can't recommend that strongly enough to anyone tired of being told what to think, about sports or much more important things.

10+ wins per year (even including Bowl games) will change that.
Nope. They HATE us too much. Heup could win three Natty‘s in a row and they would still say he ran a gimmick offense and couldn’t prove players for the NFL. There are very few if any sportswriters anymore showing the ability to think rationally and objectively. It is all about expressing the narrative that will generate the most clicks. And unfortunately writing negativity about Tennessee is a sure fire way to do that

Didn't they try to take us down in '99 after we had won the '98 National Championship, with some student athlete tutoring scandal? I seem to recollect their animosity going back to before the turn of the century, but my memory ain't what it used to be.

Because he's a better coach than Mullen--he's proved that at Ole Miss.
Mullen had 10 wins at Miss State, beat a top ten LSU that year and had that program ranked as a power that year. Not saying you’re wrong here but Kiffin has had really one great year at Ole Miss. He flopped at USC much like Mullen flopped at Florida. I think he’s a good coach but I don’t see him as a top ten coach.

Reactions: WillisWG
Lane Kiffin is a joke. He is stuck at Ole Miss and he is waiting for the UF job to open which is his last chance for a major SEC job after being passed over by Auburn, Bama, Tennessee and LSU. He whines and cries out of envy for the SEC Big Boy programs and is beyond lucky to be at Ole Miss. He is the self proclaimed transfer portal king which will fall flat on its face in 2024.
He pissed off plenty of people at Tennessee and at Bama as well, the wrong people.

I get my sports coverage from my local One Horse Town Gazette. Very comprehensive.

Reactions: WillisWG
The talking heads at ESPN look at Heupel at UT and they compare him to Heupel at UCF and I can't 100% say they are wrong.
UCF he had 2 good years at UCF followed by one mediocre year. Now he's had one mediocre year, one great year, one good year...they are waiting to see what happens with 2024.

Reactions: Frozevol
OP, do something about it. Boycott anything ESPN for 1 year.
Sorry OP, I couldn’t resist. There has been a million threads saying ESPN hates us. (But they seem to like the Lady VOLs. Can’t watch a women’s basketball game without Pat Summitt being mentioned).
They're drones. They rehash the same story lines and talking points over and over. Its easy and lazy

Reactions: Raebo
ESPN just wrote a article where they rank to top 10 college coaches:

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:
Brian Kelly, Lincoln Riley, Ferentz, Fickell, Drinkwitz, Mack Brown, Mike Grundy, Jonathan Smith, Deion, Curt Cignetti, Chris Kleiman, Jon Sumrall.

None of the espn guys even gave Heupel a vote. Coaches at Tulane, Indiana, Michigan St, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri, and Ole Miss all getting votes ahead of the coach of the Tennessee Volunteers? WTH?

Help has gotten us from Cornbread to just a few plays away from the SEC title game and the CFP in 3 years. I don’t get it. Why doesn’t espn like Heupel?

Mullen had 10 wins at Miss State, beat a top ten LSU that year and had that program ranked as a power that year. Not saying you’re wrong here but Kiffin has had really one great year at Ole Miss. He flopped at USC much like Mullen flopped at Florida. I think he’s a good coach but I don’t see him as a top ten coach.
He has great X and O knowledge but very suspect people skills. He can bring in recruits but I don’t think he turns that into good player development or player loyalty. His current over reliance on the Transfer Portal speaks to that weakness

ESPN just wrote a article where they rank to top 10 college coaches:

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:
Brian Kelly, Lincoln Riley, Ferentz, Fickell, Drinkwitz, Mack Brown, Mike Grundy, Jonathan Smith, Deion, Curt Cignetti, Chris Kleiman, Jon Sumrall.

None of the espn guys even gave Heupel a vote. Coaches at Tulane, Indiana, Michigan St, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri, and Ole Miss all getting votes ahead of the coach of the Tennessee Volunteers? WTH?

Help has gotten us from Cornbread to just a few plays away from the SEC title game and the CFP in 3 years. I don’t get it. Why doesn’t espn like Heupel?
DEOIN getting an honorable mention shows everyone a bunch of losers and idiots work for ESPN!!! They don't have a clue!!! Deion is an average D3 coach AT BEST!!!! Besides, no one cares what ESPN thinks about UT! They have had it out for UT secretly since the whole Fowler incident. Fowler can jump up our azzes, eat ****, and retire as far as most of us are concerned!!!

Their agenda follows suit right along with the rest of the country. Social media and TV laughing all the way to the bank.

VN Store

Back