ESPN Coaches Finals Bracket: Pat vs Joe Pa

because I support anything that gives the Vols a little publicity and especially if it honors Pat

What publicity is this really giving UT? It's not!...other than the 7 posters on here voting over and over and over and over and over....

Reactions: 1 person
46-54 Pat v Pa

Yes, it's meaningless, and a click-generator for ESPN, but we have family friends who are blind Penn State fans, and I can assure you that I'll hear about it for the next 20 years if Joe Pa :sick: :sick: :sick: wins.

For the sake of my occasional Saturday night relaxation sessions, even if you don't care about coaching legacies, PLEASE click the link and vote for CPS!!!

eta: Folks, I'm begging you here. You just don't know how obnoxious these people can be. Their daughter got married on the football field with the wedding party wearing the Penn State colors, and this is while the whole obscene mess was in the news. Help a fellow VN'er out! :peace2:

Your own fault for running around with Yankees

PSU is rallying big:
56%
Joe Paterno
44%
Pat Summitt

You can vote again if you use another browser!

Hate these stupid ESPN polls, Jo pa is not in the same league with Coach Pat Head Summit.

The fact that a women's basketball coach made the finals of this poll speaks volumes for the respect Coach Summit has across the country. It is really amazing when you think about it.

I love pat and voted for her but does anyone actually think she is the greatest coach all time in all NCAA sports? I mean let's be real for a moment

Ok lets look at it this way, if Coach Summitt was never coach, never went into the profession. Do you think that women's basketball/sports would be where it is today without her?

Now ask the same thing with Paterno, would football/men's sports be what it is today if he had never coached?

I think without Summitt women's basketball/sports doesn't get near the coverage it does today. Without Paterno, college football and men's sports would still be fine.

A fact that is lost on most people

This is how the majority of men's teams were for a very long time. It's only recently that mid majors and other large D1 schools are getting good teams year in and year out since talent is finally saturating the whole thing. In fact, one could argue that women's ball is harder because the top 4 or 5 teams are vastly better than all the others, its more akin to 5 Calipari teams, if all those freshmen stayed 4 years.

Twist it however you want, she's the best "coach" in that bracket left, and would've been a great men's coach as well. Can't promise she would've won titles, but she would've done better than just about 80% of men's coaches, if not more.

The fact that a women's basketball coach made the finals of this poll speaks volumes for the respect Coach Summit has across the country. It is really amazing when you think about it.

You can't believe that. What it shows is the power of dedicated sites like this directing fans to espn. Do you think Paterno is wildly respected? No. He is in the final for the same reason pat is. Their fans are aware that this "tournament" is going on so they are voting in mass.

Are you serious??? She could have coached ANY boys team to a NCAA championship...any day!!!!

The tourney is best coach ever in any sport. Think about that. Pat is the best women's ball coach ever. No doubt. But she is not the best coach ever in all sports

Ok lets look at it this way, if Coach Summitt was never coach, never went into the profession. Do you think that women's basketball/sports would be where it is today without her?

Now ask the same thing with Paterno, would football/men's sports be what it is today if he had never coached?

I think without Summitt women's basketball/sports doesn't get near the coverage it does today. Without Paterno, college football and men's sports would still be fine.

I was not supporting Paterno

The tourney is best coach ever in any sport. Think about that. Pat is the best women's ball coach ever. No doubt. But she is not the best coach ever in all sports

Agreed, but neither is Paterno. She deserves it more than he does. Personally, I'd go with Wooden.

And people still wouldn't care about womens basketball. Inferior, boring product.

PSU is rallying big:
56%
Joe Paterno
44%
Pat Summitt

You can vote again if you use another browser!

Yep - I used IE and Firefox... Could there be a way to perhaps re-vote? I tried the simple clearing of my browser cache, but perhaps there is something logged in your registry that you could delete and continue to vote?? We need Freak or someone more computer savvy to research and see if anyone knows a way :)

Voted. It would be a shame for Pat Summit to lose to Joe Paterno.

Yep - I used IE and Firefox... Could there be a way to perhaps re-vote? I tried the simple clearing of my browser cache, but perhaps there is something logged in your registry that you could delete and continue to vote?? We need Freak or someone more computer savvy to research and see if anyone knows a way :)

LWSVOL described a strategy using Chrome on the first page of the thread on the football forum. I have not tried it yet.

i have been cleaning out my cookies and it is letting me vote again,running crap cleaner,it will be hard to beat what ESPN has decided as the winner

VN Store

Back