Eric Crosby squatting 535 [video]

Might he be one to make the move to the OL? Lots of speculation Coach Pruitt might shuffle the deck so to speak.

Reactions: 1 person
Good Ole Centennial boy

Indeed. NPA guys pretty much pushing Tyrel and stumping for him to Jones and staff and they pretty much didn’t even give him a look. This time next year he’ll be getting ready to hear his name called at the nfl draft while our linebackers will be getting their resumes ready for a potential interview to sell life insurance or something.

Yes, that is Master Teague. Butch let him get away to Ohio State. :sick: :bash:

SIAP. but let him? Dude was talking big about relationships and how he had the best relationship with Butch. like a week before he was to commit, Ohio State calls and offers him and he committed to them instead. totally bizarre recruitment.

We just need to be big enough to keep Cody Mayes going backwards for the small amount of time GA is going to have the ball.

Hey I usually just read through the forums and this is my first post. I wanted to start a new thread, but no dice. How are the players reacting to the new staff/programing? I wanna hear more from the guys already on the roster!! I haven't seen much out there besides a few recruits and former players making vague comments about current players they know.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey I usually just read through the forums and this is my first post. I wanted to start a new thread, but no dice. How are the players reacting to the new staff/programing? I wanna hear more from the guys already on the roster!! I haven't seen much out there besides a few recruits and former players making vague comments about current players they know.

Hey Smokey. Those quotes and interviews will start coming out when Spring practices start.

Sorry if I'm a bit jaded by Butch years. Am optimistic that we've got some real S/C folks and better coaches, but the off season hype videos, like Hurd running 100 mph or KMAC throwing around 1000 lbs, which equaled nothing on the field has soured me on correlating any of it to "on the field" success. Like someone else said, if they really put in the hard work and play solid fundamental football as a team, like Barnes has Bball vols doing, we'll like the 2018 results.

Yeah, this

If 535 is startling news, no wonder we got pushed around on our OL and DLs. I remember, back in the 1990s, a 5'9, 187 lb DB benched 408 lbs. Stucky was the best we ever had. and I always wished we had one of his guys heading our S&C. However, I firmly believe our current S&C will get the job done.

Not trying to throw shade, 535lbs is a ton of weight in general, but is that a big deal for a 20 year old 330lb college football player? TexasA&M’s Tyrel Dodson, a 225lb linebacker (from right here in Franklin, TN) squatted 675lbs last year on video after running stadium steps. Just sayin’

Hopefully, this means that Crosby, who was woefully out of shape and clearly not committed to being a good football player last season, is now bought in and ready to utilize his wealth of potential.

yep. This 37 year old 190lb old guy is mid 4's. Good to see the team rally behind him though.

I hack squatted 790 at 36 yrs old. I know it’s a different setup but I wasn’t going to risk blowing my colon out.

Work out videos every off season then we get out asses kicked. I don't care about this eye candy win some games.

Shame on the OP for putting such a non-descript thread title, causing you to click on something you "don't care about."

If 535 is startling news, no wonder we got pushed around on our OL and DLs. I remember, back in the 1990s, a 5'9, 187 lb DB benched 408 lbs. Stucky was the best we ever had. and I always wished we had one of his guys heading our S&C. However, I firmly believe our current S&C will get the job done.

It's not. Kendrick was squatting well into the 600s among others.

Maybe the focus should be more on his transformation thus far, than the actual squat amount. It is the beginning of the S&C program thus far afterall.

5knfvk.jpg

7/25/2017

2vb4z9x.com

3/6/2018

Reactions: 3 people
who is the dude beside him, he needs a transformation too

If it doesn't translate to the field it doesn't mean a whole lot. I hope it does for this young man and the UT football program's sake. Do I want workout warriors and guys that look good on the beach or do I want mean & tough chunky guys that will drive your axx into the cheap seats? Give me cheap seat drivers all day every day.

While this is great, I would expect all of the OL to be squatting over 500 at least.

We have a kid on my son's HS team who is in 9th grade squatting 585 so far.

It's a shame our strength program has been in the crapper for years. Hopefully the wrongs of the past have been righted...

Not trying to throw shade, 535lbs is a ton of weight in general, but is that a big deal for a 20 year old 330lb college football player? TexasA&M’s Tyrel Dodson, a 225lb linebacker (from right here in Franklin, TN) squatted 675lbs last year on video after running stadium steps. Just sayin’

Hopefully, this means that Crosby, who was woefully out of shape and clearly not committed to being a good football player last season, is now bought in and ready to utilize his wealth of potential.

Actually it's a quarter ton of weight generally.

VN Store

Back