Eric Crosby squatting 535 [video]

Maybe... Just maaaaybe it's his personal best so far and his teammates are firing him up to reach the goal.
Ya'll are critical as ****.

No kidding, when he started back up made me want to scream with them. They are freaking working!

Welp, here is a bunch of high schooler's squatting (RB at 500). Let's hope they post the video when Crosby hits 600'.

[Twitter]829359793647267840[/Twitter]

Not trying to throw shade, 535lbs is a ton of weight in general, but is that a big deal for a 20 year old 330lb college football player? TexasA&M’s Tyrel Dodson, a 225lb linebacker (from right here in Franklin, TN) squatted 675lbs last year on video after running stadium steps. Just sayin’

Hopefully, this means that Crosby, who was woefully out of shape and clearly not committed to being a good football last season, is now bought in and ready to utilize his wealth of potential.

I think the big story is his development from when he arrived. Fat and out of shape. Looks like he is working hard to contribute.

Reactions: 4 people
Here's a theory. Big guys usually won't be as strong per pound weight as "smaller" guys, but the successful ones will know how to use their weight in combination with their strength to create an effective higher output that isn't measured in the weight room. Maybe has something to do with inertia (says my distant memory of ME classes...).

Make any sense from a football standpoint?

The season starts NOW. Gotta put in the work NOW. Just ask the basketball team about their offseason workouts. Let's get it.

[twitterv]971085784290938880[/twitterv]

One of CRB's training goals required the players to run the mile in 6 mins or less. Whew!

Sorry if I'm a bit jaded by Butch years. Am optimistic that we've got some real S/C folks and better coaches, but the off season hype videos, like Hurd running 100 mph or KMAC throwing around 1000 lbs, which equaled nothing on the field has soured me on correlating any of it to "on the field" success. Like someone else said, if they really put in the hard work and play solid fundamental football as a team, like Barnes has Bball vols doing, we'll like the 2018 results.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the big story is his development from when he arrived. Fat and out of shape. Looks like he is working hard to contribute.

I’m all for that and I concur.

The kid is talented and I recall seeing the roster last year and him being listed at like 6’1 335 or so. And I thought whoa, that’s not good, we need him badly for DL depth and he clearly ain’t gonna play at that weight.

So, hopefully the video is a great sign that JP, Fitz and Rocker have gotten him to buy in and be the player we all think he has the potential to be. Hopefully by end of the summer we see a video of him maxing out at 635lb.

Sorry if I'm a bit jaded by Butch years. Am optimistic that we've got some real S/C folks and better coaches, but the off season hype videos, like Hurd running 100 mph or KMAC throwing around 1000 lbs, which equaled nothing on the field has soured me on correlating any of it to "on the field" success. Like someone else said, if they really put in the hard work and play solid fundamental football as a team, like Barnes has Bball vols doing, we'll like the 2018 results.

Understand the skepticism. The struggle is real to find a balance between optimism and skepticism given the last decade.

Yeah, this kid is mad athletic, Wildcat QB or RB in high school on occasion. He could be the NT this team desperately needs

We must have different understandings of what a project is. When you come into school so overweight and out of shape that the coaching staff said that he wouldn’t be able to contribute last year, I don’t know what you call that.

Not trying to throw shade, 535lbs is a ton of weight in general, but is that a big deal for a 20 year old 330lb college football player? TexasA&M’s Tyrel Dodson, a 225lb linebacker (from right here in Franklin, TN) squatted 675lbs last year on video after running stadium steps. Just sayin’

Hopefully, this means that Crosby, who was woefully out of shape and clearly not committed to being a good football player last season, is now bought in and ready to utilize his wealth of potential.

I'm proud of him. He was the most mocked fat body in the infamous pic from last fall.

He's making progress and looking a little leaner and meaner. It's progress.

I'm proud of him. He was the most mocked fat body in the infamous pic from last fall.

He's making progress and looking a little leaner and meaner. It's progress.

Didn’t even realize that. I thought it was some morbidly obese manager or player relative or something. Wow. Looks like he’s working hard, hope keeps at it and can contribute this fall.

Welp, here is a bunch of high schooler's squatting (RB at 500). Let's hope they post the video when Crosby hits 600'.

[Twitter]829359793647267840[/Twitter]

Let's get and keep that Middle Tennessee pipeline going, there's some talent in that area.

Hopefully, this means that Crosby, who was woefully out of shape and clearly not committed to being a good football player last season, is now bought in and ready to utilize his wealth of potential.
Good Ole Centennial boy

Was thinking same thing. Glad he's making progress but at 5' 9" and 175 I was squatting 405 for 6 reps in Pyramid workout
Lbs Reps
135 12
225 10
315 8
405 6
315 8
225 10
135 12

Those last six reps at 135 were torture!
and I was an elite college football player...said no one ever :)
Lol. Those numbers would put you in the "elite" (stronger than 95% of all weightlifters) 1RM category for someone your weight. Not saying you didn't do it, but would be curious as to your depth/form.

Back on topic, good to see Crosby putting in the work. For someone 6'2 those are definitely respectable numbers.

Last edited:
Honestly, after all those Jalen Hurd videos, I may never watch a lifting highlight again.

Let me know when he bull-rushes the Bama Center.

Reactions: 2 people
Gym numbers are irrelevant.

Everyone missed the bigger picture, he wasn't wearing knee braces OR a weight belt. If this was a MAX lift, he would've had that stuff on. For his size and technique add 200lbs. Not bad, if he can continue and stay healthy, he could create some happy VOLNATION moments this year

VN Store

Back