Enough with the "We are back" talk

Pumper: Hey, that cat is Orange

Nega: No, that cat is green

Pumper: Well, the cat is orange, you just refuse to see the cat as orange because all you see is a green cat

Nega: Thats because the cat is green.

Pumper: Well, the cat is orange and I don't care if you say the cat is green, its still orange to me. If you would just let the cat be orange, the better off the cat will be. The more you talk about the cat being green the more the cat will remain green and never ever will be orange because of you and the rest of the people trying to tell us the cat isn't orange

Nega: Its green... The lenses on your glasses are orange

Pumper:You're dumb

And then there are those of us who just see a cat...

We try to describe the cat, its general characteristics against the species as a whole, its general characteristics against the specific cats that compete against it for resources, what all that means to how far it can run, jump, how long it will likely live, and what the next generation of cats might look like.

And we get drowned out with the inevitable, "none of that matters, that cat is orange. Nuh-uh, that there cat is green." And then there is the person who shows up to say "that cat is neither green nor orange, it is purple."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm wondering why so many people are worried about the color of a damn cat. Spring practice is just around the corner and then we start our march to the NC game. Shoot the cat and then it don't matter what color it is.

Of course the fact that some of you are seeing a green cat is a little disturbing.

7-6 with a second top 5 recruiting class, which is where this program currently is, isn't "back".

"Back" is when we are favored to win virtually every game we play, when we consistently win 10-11 games, when we are a perennial top 10 program, when we win another SEC title and are in the hunt for a national title.

"Back" is when we're pissed because we only go 11-1 because we lost to Florida early and need them to lose a second game to keep our SEC title game hopes alive. We're not back yet.

I believe TN is back and will be favored for virtually all of their games this year. It will be important for this team to play well this year to keep up the recruiting.

Reactions: 2 people
The stupidity knows no bounds. Do us both a favor, and join that 'good company' you spoke of and put me on ignore.

Just read the first sentence of your post, I totally agree.

However I'm siding with Dave. Congrats, you are number three on my ignore list. Please don't thank me, you earned it!

:the_finger:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm wondering why so many people are worried about the color of a damn cat. Spring practice is just around the corner and then we start our march to the NC game. Shoot the cat and then it don't matter what color it is.

Of course the fact that some of you are seeing a green cat is a little disturbing.

The Count's been feeding at meth houses lately. :blink:

Any of us who say "we are back" are probably not saying that retrospectively to this past season, but pro-spectively, looking ahead to this next season with the improved units that we should now have that we did not have in recent years.

So, no, 7-6 aint back, but a 3rd yr Dobbs at helm is back, a two-headed Hurd/Kamara is back, a Barnett/Magitt/Kahlil/etc. is back, etc, all across the board.

Bring it.

7-6 with a second top 5 recruiting class, which is where this program currently is, isn't "back".

"Back" is when we are favored to win virtually every game we play, when we consistently win 10-11 games, when we are a perennial top 10 program, when we win another SEC title and are in the hunt for a national title.

"Back" is when we're pissed because we only go 11-1 because we lost to Florida early and need them to lose a second game to keep our SEC title game hopes alive. We're not back yet.

Correct, and don't forget that UT beats SC, Vandy, and Kentucky every season, and when Georgia, Mizzou or Florida show up in Knoxville they go home with a loss. That means the Vols are back! Losing to Arkansas, Ole Miss, or Miss State means it's time to burn a few mattresses on campus! That means the Vols are back!

By God. This here is Murica. I'll say what I dang well please.

'Murica!!!

r68g0.jpg

:lolabove::lolabove:

The only change I would consider making is the last line. When pumpers get backed into a corner they always say, "Go cheer for (Bama, UGA, or UF).

I'm not sure how you'd use that in your example...maybe, "Go get a dog."

"If you don't see the dog is orange, then why don't you go buy a cat?" (Or "frog, if you love your green so much"?)

Last edited:
You managed to split the middle...all I've heard is 8+ wins or start shopping for a new head coach...sounds practically tropical. :)

There's been a fair share of "winning the east" thrown around on this board in the offseason, though, hasn't there?

There are a few games we need to win before we can say we are for real. I really want to be Mizzou first. ..we haven't beat them yet. Does anyone here really believe they are a top 3 east team long term?

Beyond that there is Florida, UGA, and Bama. I agree with OP, let's win a few games that mean something. ..then we can talk about being back.

There are a few games we need to win before we can say we are for real. I really want to be Mizzou first. ..we haven't beat them yet. Does anyone here really believe they are a top 3 east team long term?

Beyond that there is Florida, UGA, and Bama. I agree with OP, let's win a few games that mean something. ..then we can talk about being back.

No Mizzou is NOT a top 3 long term. They have been really lucky to get some breaks with UF and UT being down. When it all shakes out, and UT is UT and UF is UF the best they will be is a top 4 team but that's about it.

VN Store

Back