Emmanuel Negedu has been CLEARED to play again

Pearl needs to let him play. If he's done EVERYTHING asked of him to get to play again, not letting him could backfire in Pearl's face. Let him play Bruce, let him play.

You're right on both fronts.

I do think though that if the doctors aren't 100% in complete confidence he will be fine, then don't let him on the court. This isn't an acl or achilles tendon. This is a heart we are talking about.

Exactly, if they do not know 100% you cant put him out there, like you said its not an acl we are talking about, it's the heart. Something goes wrong there, you could possibly die.

I loved Emmanuel's play, but he's not 6-7, I don't care what the program states. Regardless, he can still be a solid frontcourt player, if they clear him. I'll remain skeptical until the lawyers ok the deal.

wait really? wow, seems like really good news for the team

I hope whatever was bothering/ailing him will stay away forever now

There is a roughly .1% chance he'll play at Tennessee again. This has nothing to do with Selby at all. It just comes down to whether UT's lawyers will let him. And from what I've been told there's virtually no chance that will happen. He'll play again, but I doubt it'll be in Knoxville.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You're right on both fronts.

I do think though that if the doctors aren't 100% in complete confidence he will be fine, then don't let him on the court. This isn't an acl or achilles tendon. This is a heart we are talking about.

yeah we'll have to wait a bit more and see

I think though that we wouldn't be hearing he was cleared if that were not the case

There is a roughly .1% chance he'll play at Tennessee again. This has nothing to do with Selby at all. It just comes down to whether UT's lawyers will let him. And from what I've been told there's virtually no chance that will happen. He'll play again, but I doubt it'll be in Knoxville.

If doctors have cleared him, there shouldn't be any liability concerns on UT's end.

well downer news to my high :cray:

Why would Selby's decision impact Negedu returning to the team?
I'd assume the amount of scholarships we have.

If Negedu could play effectively, I'd love to have him back. I was sure he'd never play again, and I'm glad he's been cleared.

Last edited:

This was all before they were all aware that he had been cleared to play.

What I've heard, also.

Yeah, explain that after the fact if something does happen. Lawyers will still come after the university. You can believe that.

Yes, there would be a malpractice suit against the doctor for clearing him to play not a suit against the university for allowing him to play based off that doctor's determination.

I have no medical experience, but this just sounds like an accident waiting to happen considering how hard he plays. However, if the doctors are all in agreement to clear him, I guess it would be okay. He definitely deserves the shot.

I'm not an expert in law. I'm just telling you what I've been told. As soon as the season ended Pearl made a comment on the radio that Negedu wouldn't play at Tennessee. Someone on here said that he had been cleared at that point but UT's lawyers wouldn't allow him to play here. I made a call to someone who is close to the situation and they confirmed this. I went out to eat with this person after church yesterday and they told me some news would come out this week, but that the chances of EMan playing were still slim. So unless something happened since yesterday afternoon I have no reason to think EMan will play again at Tennessee.

I loved Emmanuel's play, but he's not 6-7, I don't care what the program states. Regardless, he can still be a solid frontcourt player, if they clear him. I'll remain skeptical until the lawyers ok the deal.

He's 6'7 - or else Scotty Hopson is only 6'5 and JP Prince isn't 6'7 either.

i hope he can play with no risk to his future, which is more important than wins on a basketball court

I'm not an expert in law. I'm just telling you what I've been told. As soon as the season ended Pearl made a comment on the radio that Negedu wouldn't play at Tennessee. Someone on here said that he had been cleared at that point but UT's lawyers wouldn't allow him to play here. I made a call to someone who is close to the situation and they confirmed this. I went out to eat with this person after church yesterday and they told me some news would come out this week, but that the chances of EMan playing were still slim. So unless something happened since yesterday afternoon I have no reason to think EMan will play again at Tennessee.

Not disputing what you've been told at all. I just don't understand how Tennessee would be liable if they are relying on doctor's clearance to play. I could be wrong, but I would think that clears them of liability and puts the liability on the doctor clearing him.

If he is cleared fully by the doctors, could he not just agree to sign some waiver saying he wont hold the university accountable if he chooses to play or something?

Here's an animation of an implant like E-Man's. Thought some might be curious. It isn't a pacemaker as some might think. Also, they are not effective 100% of the time. Numbers I've found are close to 90% effective. And, take a look at the animation and you can see where it is located. What happens if E-Man takes a hard shot to that area?

MedMovie Media Player

Just asked Wes Rucker about it...His response: "Absolutely nothing is final there. Still plenty of hurdles to overcome."

VN Store

Back