Elite Dangerous

Anyone still playing this? Found the Commander edition for sale on the Xbox store for 30$ and decided to get it. Can't wait to play it tonight

Anyone still playing this? Found the Commander edition for sale on the Xbox store for 30$ and decided to get it. Can't wait to play it tonight

A buddy of mine and I play on the PC. I highly suggest doing the tutorials first. Also, you WILL have questions so ask away. Safe flying, Commander!

Reactions: 1 person
Nice. I will be making that trip sometime in the future. Dunno when because I just got done traveling to see the Trunk, Cave, Bubble, Heart, and Soul Nebula's. Really cool stuff. What are you making the trip in?

I am on PC as well. Doing most of my exploring with Diamondback explorer. Cheap and good jump range. Currently stuck trying to farm engineering mats.

I am on PC as well. Doing most of my exploring with Diamondback explorer. Cheap and good jump range. Currently stuck trying to farm engineering mats.

I need to get some pharmaceuticals for lvl 5 dirty drive thrusters. My lvl 3's on my corvette is a little tough.

I went out and farmed the new Guardian ruins for a bit, getting blueprints. It is pretty slow going as well as boring. Drive your SRV around a site (that is out in the middle of nowhere system-wise), shooting things, scanning things, and then fighting the Guardian skimmers which at least drop some of the materials you need. The new Gauss cannon seems to be pretty sweet, so I guess I will keep up the grind.

I went out and farmed the new Guardian ruins for a bit, getting blueprints. It is pretty slow going as well as boring. Drive your SRV around a site (that is out in the middle of nowhere system-wise), shooting things, scanning things, and then fighting the Guardian skimmers which at least drop some of the materials you need. The new Gauss cannon seems to be pretty sweet, so I guess I will keep up the grind.

Is this the mission that pays 100+ mil credits? If so, it's worth the grind. You wont make that much in the same amount of time doing anything else.

Is this the mission that pays 100+ mil credits? If so, it's worth the grind. You wont make that much in the same amount of time doing anything else.

No, do not have RAM Tah unlocked yet. Just trying to get the blueprints for the new weapons ( and other modules). The guess is supposed to be deadly.
I stopped farming Guardian sites to go build faction. With new rewards, choosing the rep +++ has allowed me to go from no rank to King in a day or so, and now Rear Admiral in two days, after finding out about good grind spots.

No, do not have RAM Tah unlocked yet. Just trying to get the blueprints for the new weapons ( and other modules). The guess is supposed to be deadly.
I stopped farming Guardian sites to go build faction. With new rewards, choosing the rep +++ has allowed me to go from no rank to King in a day or so, and now Rear Admiral in two days, after finding out about good grind spots.

Did you go to Sothis and Ceos? That is where I got my Federation rank. I haven't logged on in a while, but my corvette is waiting to get lvl 5 dirty drives for thrusters and I am going to by a Chieftain. That ship looks pretty cool.

Made it to Sag-A today. There were a few others there when I arrived. It was weird seeing people again.

I bet. From what I have read it is a pretty normal trip for players to take at least once. There is civilization out there in the vicinity. I can't remember what it is called, but there is an outpost that is starting a new civilization area. You should go check it out.

Did you go to Sothis and Ceos? That is where I got my Federation rank. I haven't logged on in a while, but my corvette is waiting to get lvl 5 dirty drives for thrusters and I am going to by a Chieftain. That ship looks pretty cool.

Sothis and Ceos runs were more boring for me than the imperial route. There is only 1 federation faction at the stations ( and there are 3 you go between), so you don't get that bonus rep for both the giving and turn in factions being federation. King took me 1-2 days (from no rank, maybe 20% to the first). I gave up after making Rear Admiral and that took a long 2 days. I had already been whatever rank unlocks FAS.

Last edited:
Sothis and Ceos runs were more boring for me than the imperial route. There is only 1 federation faction at the stations ( and there are 3 you go between), so you don't get that bonus rep for both the giving and turn in factions being federation. King took me 1-2 days (from no rank, maybe 20% to the first). I gave up after making Rear Admiral and that took a long 2 days. I had already been whatever rank unlocks FAS.

Yeah it takes a while. I still need to bring my Imperial rank. The Cutter is the last of the Big 3 ships that I need to buy.

VN Store

Back