Electric Vehicles

The upgraded Tesla FSD software is basically mind-blowing. I also received notification that the monthly subscription option has dropped to $99. I won't pay it, but I would consider a monthly purchase if I was going to take it on a couple of long drives.

We have the free trial on my wife's Y. It's awesome.

Ford only has self driving on certain major roads but it really is amazing. We were in stop and go traffic this weekend on I4 and I just set it and let it do the work. Even better than 1 foot driving mode

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don't have the confidence in the tech to use the self driving on my wifes Subaru.
I couldn't do it. My truck has a few things, but all I use is standard cruise control. I don't use the cruise control that matches the speed of the car ahead of you. Or the auto functions that are supposed to keep you in your lane. I couldn't trust self driving or whatever the latest capability is.

I can already see technology that I'll never adapt to.

I couldn't do it. My truck has a few things, but all I use is standard cruise control. I don't use the cruise control that matches the speed of the car ahead of you. Or the auto functions that are supposed to keep you in your lane. I couldn't trust self driving or whatever the latest capability is.

I can already see technology that I'll never adapt to.

Same here. I'm sure the tech works but it's just my inner control freak that won't allow me to trust it.

Ford only has self driving on certain major roads but it really is amazing. We were in stop and go traffic this weekend on I4 and I just set it and let it do the work. Even better than 1 foot driving mode
GM's Super Cruise is more advanced than Ford's Blue Cruise I believe.

I don't have the confidence in the tech to use the self driving on my wifes Subaru.
Same here. My wife’s Subaru became my alternative to the F-150s when she got her new car this year and I’ll use the adaptive cruise control but I won’t let it stop for me. Is there any way to stop that chime from chiming every time I change lanes without signaling?

Same here. My wife’s Subaru became my alternative to the F-150s when she got her new car this year and I’ll use the adaptive cruise control but I won’t let it stop for me. Is there any way to stop that chime from chiming every time I change lanes without signaling?

Not that I know of.

Reactions: RavinDave
Got a rental Tesla with FSD coming up next month. Looking forward to giving it a try.

I really like adaptive cruise and lane assist in our newer car. Much easier eating meals on long trips with those. Adaptive cruise is really great for construction and stop and go interstate traffic.

Got the Ford charger installed at home yesterday which is a game changer for me. Having to use public chargers gave me a little anxiety but I can now fully charge it in the driveway in just a couple of hrs. The adapter to use tesla chargers arrives today so I should be set for road trips. Headed to TN this summer with it

Got the Ford charger installed at home yesterday which is a game changer for me. Having to use public chargers gave me a little anxiety but I can now fully charge it in the driveway in just a couple of hrs. The adapter to use tesla chargers arrives today so I should be set for road trips. Headed to TN this summer with it

How do you like it so far?

How do you like it so far?
It's been an amazing vehicle and nicest I've ever owned. Too fast for me but I've tried to adjust. Having a home charger is a must for convenience and cost imo.

Once people realize it is electric they really ask a lot of questions. I don't think many are against the idea but just don't understand the details.

This guy is pretty interesting. He does a car YouTube channel and he talks a lot about electric vehicles. He lives in Tennessee. This is a pretty interesting video about electric vehicles

Got a rental Tesla with FSD coming up next month. Looking forward to giving it a try.

I really like adaptive cruise and lane assist in our newer car. Much easier eating meals on long trips with those. Adaptive cruise is really great for construction and stop and go interstate traffic.
I hate adaptive cruise control so much. At least the couple of times I've used it

Reactions: hog88
Sorry, I mean I find myself stomping the gas too often. It's addicting to hit an on ramp, stomp the gas and slam all passengers back into their seat. My boys love it but it's probably not the best on tires or range
Ok, I'll let you keep it. I have definitely already noticed that my tires are showing a lot of wear. At least that and brakes are the only maintenance costs!

My wife hates roller coasters and has a mild case of motion- induced vertigo. I just set it to chill mode when she's in the car to keep me from getting a little frisky.

VN Store

Back