Electric Vehicles

My FSD update just installed this evening. I look forward to giving it a try on my morning commute and will report back.
curious about how this went.

also curious if you would participate in the car-sharing ideas when it comes to FSD's. basically when you aren't using your car it could be out driving people around in a Uber-esque manner. you could set schedules, power limits, to ensure its ready for you when you leave. but in the off time its earning you money.

I think one thing that will need to happen is a wireless charging system of some sort. I know there are several options being looked at.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
curious about how this went.

also curious if you would participate in the car-sharing ideas when it comes to FSD's. basically when you aren't using your car it could be out driving people around in a Uber-esque manner. you could set schedules, power limits, to ensure its ready for you when you leave. but in the off time its earning you money.

I think one thing that will need to happen is a wireless charging system of some sort. I know there are several options being looked at.
So far, it's been impressive from a technology perspective. Very good at staying in the lane, slowing and stopping for lights and stop signs, accelerating to stay with traffic. Lane changes are less frequent than I usually engage in, and speed/ acceleration is less aggressive. There are settings for degree of comfort/economy vs faster/closer following distances, as well as speed ratios to posted speed limits, but I need to read more to understand them. Turns are fine but a little shallow/ close to the curb to me. The video screen of road lines, Signals, cars, pedestrians, etc is very detailed. Autopark is cool: you click on an available spot and it adjusts and backs in to the selected stall.

I have not been on the interstate yet, but I'm guessing that will be where it really shines. In town, honestly, it's more of a novelty to play with.

As to your second question: heck no.

Last edited:

Tesla’s Cybertrucks were ‘rushed out,’ are malfunctioning at astounding rate​

In a thread titled “Worst delivery in my life (truck died in 5 minutes),” a Southern California-based owner wrote that after taking his truck for a spin the same day it was delivered last month, the vehicle “made it 1 mile down road, started getting steering error, flashing red screen, pulled off side of highway now the truck is dead and I’m waiting for a tow truck.”

https://nypost.com/2024/04/08/busin...d-out-are-malfunctioning-at-astounding-rate/#
“Dealer couldn’t do anything for me. It was great for 5 minutes. Tried everything, restarting, screen is stuck black and keeps beeping,” the user added in the thread, first reported on by automotive news site Jalopnik.

The owner received the vehicle, which starts at $80,000, one month after the highly-publicized trucks went on sale last December — two years behind schedule.

Robinette Hood: Here’s How Biden’s EV Agenda Will Take From The Poor And Give To The Rich​

President Joe Biden’s massive electric vehicle (EV) agenda will subsidize the lifestyles of America’s well-to-do while hitting average people the hardest, economists and auto market analysts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The Biden administration is aggressively regulating the U.S. auto market to drastically increase the proportion of EVs sold over the coming decade, but consumer demand has not taken off as quickly as proponents had projected despite the subsidies made available by Biden’s flagship climate bill, the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). Manufacturers are slashing prices of their EVs to make the vehicles more appealing to consumers, which will increase prices for internal combustion engine (ICE) cars to compensate; this dynamic will only pick up speed and infect the used-car market favored by lower-income consumers as the administration’s stringent regulations kick in over time, economists and auto market analysts told the DCNF.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Parking lot at my kids rec center was full yesterday except for the charging spots. I pulled in and my wife told me a lady was giving me the evil eye. She stopped and loudly told me those spots are only for ev. I waved, opened the charging port and stared directly at her as I slid it in. Not sure she enjoyed the moment as much as I did

There are and it seems to correlate directly with time spent on Twitter. For example, the minute I see an RGW tweet posted on the board I know there are 5-10 reposts coming in the next 15min.
That’s an excellent point. I had not noticed the correlation but I believe you’re correct

Parking lot at my kids rec center was full yesterday except for the charging spots. I pulled in and my wife told me a lady was giving me the evil eye. She stopped and loudly told me those spots are only for ev. I waved, opened the charging port and stared directly at her as I slid it in. Not sure she enjoyed the moment as much as I did
I hope this is a very singular use of that phrasing.

So a karen yelled at a karen? Not sure ive heard of that before...😏

The upgraded Tesla FSD software is basically mind-blowing. I also received notification that the monthly subscription option has dropped to $99. I won't pay it, but I would consider a monthly purchase if I was going to take it on a couple of long drives.

I was at a stop light in Lebanon the other day and noticed the sign on the rear view mirror of an electric sitting on the Hyundai lot…..was $59,827 …. Now $36,982.IMG_5830.jpeg

VN Store

Back