Early Line TN -4 over GT

Why, why, why, did we schedule tech???? Good thing is that they are the first game and we have plenty of time to prepare for them. Better they are week one than week two.

We scheduled the other Tech in '16, and played them early and that turned out well...I'm not too worried about playing ACC teams early in the season most years.

8-4 is their best honestly. Michigan, FSU, UGA and LSU will be pretty much Ls. UT and A&M will be toss ups.
I'd put LSU into the tossup category based solely on Ed Orgeron's 10-25 record at Ole Miss. He's won some games as an interim at Southern Cal and after LSU fired the mad hatter but that's taking the reins on someone else's team in both cases. I'm going to hold off on thinking he'll succeed there until he proves it. Their game at Florida should be their first big challenge of the year.

That said I think Georgia's our biggest threat next year. The East *should* be the three horse race it's historically been, between us and Florida and Georgia. It was last year, and the year before that. All three teams are completely capable of a head-scratcher (see last year: Florida @ Arkansas, Georgia vs Vandy, Vols @ Vandy). Beyond that, while we've got Alabama and LSU, Georgia has Auburn and Mississippi State and Florida has LSU and A&M.

With their west schedule, and Chubb and Michel back and Eason looking like a gamer, they've got to like where they're at.

Why, why, why, did we schedule tech???? Good thing is that they are the first game and we have plenty of time to prepare for them. Better they are week one than week two.

I like they we are opening in the new Mercedes Dome and haven't looked at the schedule but hopefully the only game that day so everyone will be watching. Which could be good or bad.

I'll settle for a 1 point WIN and zero injuries.

GT should be known as Cut Block U.

I just hope our best DT's are back healthy and in solid footVol shape to start the season.

VFL...GBO!!!

There's not evidence to indicate that opposing defenders are more prone to be injured versus GA Tech than versus other teams.

The knee is not designed to bend backwards, let alone have hundreds of pounds of force exerted against it when said person is bracing themselves. If a full grown, 300 pound man throws himself into your knee, is that more likely to induce injury than simply being shoved to the ground?

Evidence, or in this case numerical evidence, is not required. Common sense tells us frequent knee shots will absolutely cause more frequent knee injuries than other blocking schemes.

UT will beat tech worse than 4--that's some easy money. I'll load up on some bets before the spread gets higher.

Reactions: 1 person
Can we just not play a tough out of conference game to start the season for once? Our schedule is hard enough as it is. Sometimes I feel like this administration is like the one in the movie "Major League." They would rather set us up for failure. Hire a damn AD already!!!! I'm sick of this crap.

What kind of thinking is this? I want us to be ready to take on anyone. Play and beat GT and the team has motivation. Sheesh, we aren't a mid major. smdh

GT had about 15 Seniors graduate, including QB, 4 RBs (one named Marcus Allen), 3 DL, P, PK, 2 OL and 2 LBs. So I would expect WR and secondary to be their strengths. That and injury inducing cut blocks.

Don't know how many were starters or 2-deep though.

Just what UT needs in a 1st game. A team that is know for causing injury.

Just what UT needs in a 1st game. A team that is know for causing injury.

I say the first time they try their cut blocks our d linemen step on their necks and grind in a bit. May make them a little reticent on second down to try the same.

If we lose to Tech, I don't think Jones makes it to the end of the season.

It will create an interesting situation. The heat will get turned up and his reaction to that will be worth watching.

If that happens the chances of him going 6-6 or 7-5 go up. I don't think he'll get run until after the season is over even if its imminent.

There's not evidence to indicate that opposing defenders are more prone to be injured versus GA Tech than versus other teams.

How about the triple option in general? Who was the last triple option team we played? Air Force 2006 I believe, I was a student then in section D that day. What happened that day? Let's see ...Inky lost use of his arm and Justin Harrell tore his bicep and we barely escaped with a win. Then lost a heartbreaker next week to Florida because some freshman named Tim Tebow kept converting 4th and shorts, that and a bull**** roughing the passer call.

When can we get tickets for this game?

Donation deadline for season tix that require donation is March 1st. Then season ticket request must be sent in with $ by April 30. Request for GT and other Away games are in that April ticket form. After season tix process is complete (after April 30) is when they would probably open to general public.

But you can always call UT Tix office and ask for exact schedule.

For whoever asked: You can sign up for an email alert for ticket availability dates on the Chick Fil A college kickoff game site. It's on a Monday so it's probably not going to be an instant sellout. You'll have no problem buying at face value plus processing and handling and taxes.

Can we just not play a tough out of conference game to start the season for once? Our schedule is hard enough as it is. Sometimes I feel like this administration is like the one in the movie "Major League." They would rather set us up for failure. Hire a damn AD already!!!! I'm sick of this crap.

These neutral site games are great for recruiting (especially since we have been playing them in Nashville, Atlanta and Charlotte). They are also big time revenue streams, better than home games. And IMO they are better than Home and Home for these marquee matchups.

Tennessee won't get any ESPN chatter for whipping up on Slippery Rock, Elon or Berea but they will when they play a Group of 5 conference team.

I think it's a little unfair to compare Dormady to Worley. QD a better athlete by far. That said, JG still wins QB battle I hope. This offense is much more potent with a dangerous running threat at QB.

If Dobbs had the accuracy, we would be talking about a QB that rivaled DW. That's one reason that I like dual threat guys over pocket passers. every now and again there's a guy who can do both equally well and are really good. Dobbs brought another wrinkle to our offense, but just lacked the accuracy under pressure, or sometimes when he just lets it go without pressure. Dobbs made more poor decisions than his prior 2 seasons, but that was probably more to do with the horrible O-Line this season not giving him time to let the play develop before he was being pursued and having to make the call to throw it, or run it.

VN Store

Back