Early Line TN -4 over GT

I don't want Tennessee to lose. Just basing it off what Tennessee has at this point and what they don't do well.

It's not an agenda because I truly don't want Tennessee to lose but knowing Jones ability to lose games he shouldn't it's not completely out of the question

Sorry, it just seems as though you are taking just a little bit of pleasure in the idea that Butch will lose and will be replaced, instead of actually hoping or wanting us to win.

Reactions: 4 people
Hopefully JG goes all Deshaun Watson on GT. GT will be breaking in a new QB as well. Looking for vast improvement from Shoop's D. All that said, this could look like the AF game from 2006? But that was 2nd game of year...we had just beaten #12 ranked Cal handily the week prior.

GT has had a lot of attrition this offseason. Don't know how many were going to be major contributors but losing experience is never good.

Sorry, it just seems as though you are taking just a little bit of pleasure in the idea that Butch will lose and will be replaced, instead of actually hoping or wanting us to win.

If that's what u believe I can respect that.

I know it's a long off season with camps, practice, etc. Based purely off what I've seen from this team especially on D I am extremely worried about Tennessee playing foundamentally sound football for 4 quarters. That doesent even take into consideration the blocking scheme GT uses and Tennessees bad luck on the D line.

Should Tennessee win: Yes Will they: unless a lot changes its very hard for me to pick them that's why I didn't pick them

Hopefully JG goes all Deshaun Watson on GT. GT will be breaking in a new QB as well. Looking for vast improvement from Shoop's D. All that said, this could look like the AF game from 2006? But that was 2nd game of year...we had just beaten #12 ranked Cal handily the week prior.

I want JG to start and feel like if Butch wants to win a lot then that's the route he should take. That said I've got a feeling this is QD/JG season with JG coming in late and burning teams up leaving fans scratching their heads.

Think Worley/Dobbs here

Last edited:
It's a simple system they may lose a lot but they'll have continued success.

Their O looked terrible 2 seasons ago when they were replacing their rb's but returned the same qb, only won 3 games I think. That system relies greatly on experience and timing which go hand in hand.

Reactions: 1 person
Their O looked terrible 2 seasons ago when they were replacing their rb's but returned the same qb, only won 3 games I think. That system relies greatly on experience and timing which go hand in hand.

Truth.

But you don't have to be a senior to be good at it.

They'll be fine

I want JG to start and feel like if Butch wants to win a lot then that's the route he should take. That said I've got a feeling this is QD/JG season with JG coming in late and burning teams up leaving fans scratching their heads.

Think Worley/Dobbs here

I think it's a little unfair to compare Dormady to Worley. QD a better athlete by far. That said, JG still wins QB battle I hope. This offense is much more potent with a dangerous running threat at QB.

Reactions: 2 people
GT had about 15 Seniors graduate, including QB, 4 RBs (one named Marcus Allen), 3 DL, P, PK, 2 OL and 2 LBs. So I would expect WR and secondary to be their strengths. That and injury inducing cut blocks.

Don't know how many were starters or 2-deep though.

Why, why, why, did we schedule tech???? Good thing is that they are the first game and we have plenty of time to prepare for them. Better they are week one than week two.

Because at the time we agreed to the game it looked like Paul Johnson and his option offense were on their way out.

If that's what u believe I can respect that.

I know it's a long off season with camps, practice, etc. Based purely off what I've seen from this team especially on D I am extremely worried about Tennessee playing foundamentally sound football for 4 quarters. That doesent even take into consideration the blocking scheme GT uses and Tennessees bad luck on the D line.

Should Tennessee win: Yes Will they: unless a lot changes its very hard for me to pick them that's why I didn't pick them

My main concern is the blocking scheme that GT uses as well. I have no idea why we would schedule them, with their cut blocks and what not. Easy recipe to lose lineman very early in the season.

This moaning sounds very familiar to the moaning about Virginia Tech this time last year and playing at Bristol..............that worked out pretty well.

My main concern is the blocking scheme that GT uses as well. I have no idea why we would schedule them, with their cut blocks and what not. Easy recipe to lose lineman very early in the season.

I worry about chunk yardage.
They live between 3-7 yds but if u miss they can hit a big play

Good points though RV14

There's not evidence to indicate that opposing defenders are more prone to be injured versus GA Tech than versus other teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Can we just not play a tough out of conference game to start the season for once? Our schedule is hard enough as it is. Sometimes I feel like this administration is like the one in the movie "Major League." They would rather set us up for failure. Hire a damn AD already!!!! I'm sick of this crap.

Can we just not play a tough out of conference game to start the season for once? Our schedule is hard enough as it is. Sometimes I feel like this administration is like the one in the movie "Major League." They would rather set us up for failure. Hire a damn AD already!!!! I'm sick of this crap.

I'd rather Tennessee prove themselves all year rather than beat a team they have no business playing by 40

You do realize SOS is important right?

Most SEC schools play a tough OOC game near the start of the season.

VN Store

Back