Duke monday...

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im saying that they arent at the same level as OSU,NC,& UK.

I have not seen tOSU play; however, I think thus far, UNC has not played anywhere close to their ability and UK only did so for about a minute against KU.

UK is talented and over-emotional; UNC is talented and soft; Duke is talented and absent-minded.

Going to have to agree that Duke is a bit overrated. Still a top-20 team though IMO.

I think the only team not currently ranked ahead of Duke that I think should possibly be ranked ahead of Duke is Memphis. Other than that, I do not see a lot of teams from 7-25 that I would put above Duke, yet.

I think the only team not currently ranked ahead of Duke that I think should possibly be ranked ahead of Duke is Memphis. Other than that, I do not see a lot of teams from 7-25 that I would put above Duke, yet.
Fair enough. I should actually say they're a top-15 team pretty easily.

lol? I love basketball, but Tennessee is a Football school

Well that's cool. I don't understand why people can't support the basketball team with the same passion, but I've accepted it. So, I will excessively promote the UT basketball program. It's what's on my mind nowadays.

I have not seen tOSU play; however, I think thus far, UNC has not played anywhere close to their ability and UK only did so for about a minute against KU.

UK is talented and over-emotional; UNC is talented and soft; Duke is talented and absent-minded.

But, i think Duke would have trouble against a fast long team like UNC (or even UK).

I just dont see Duke being this high at the end of the year. No disprespect to Coach K, but this year is a little down. Although still very good.

The way I see it, Duke has played 2 close games to two teams they should've beaten HANDILY. Tennessee has a shot, if they play right.. but then again, we could pull a game like we did against Kentucky in the SEC semi's a couple years back and lose by 35. We won't know until tomorrow night at 5:30.

A quote from this article brings up an interesting point. We should be more rested thank Duke. They've played 4 games already, and they didn't arrive to Maui until yesterday, while the Vols arrived on Thursday. This means we should also have the jet-lag out of our systems. I know this isn't much, but we're in the position to take any advantage that we may have.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/nov/19/former-wake-forest-south-carolina-coach-dave-by/

Don't sleep on Duke, at least, not in March. The Plumlees (all 3) plus Ryan Kelly equals one of the deepest and longest frontcourts in the nation. Rivers has phenominal potential and Curry and Dawson are solid. Once Rivers "clicks" with the college game, Duke will be tough to stop. Unfortunately for Duke, Rivers hasn't "clicked" yet, and since Coach K seems unable to get the team to depend on their frontcourt for points, Duke will have some growing pains. This means they may be open to upset by UT.

It's an eff'ing travesty that Duke, UT, Memphis and Michigan are all on one side of the brackets. GTown, UCLA and Chaminade are arguably the 3 worst teams in the bracket, so Kansas is going to waltz to the finals.

I'm going to go ahead and call it:

CCM gets his first "signature" win this monday against an overrated Duke. And McBee will lead the team in scoring. I just hope Davidson doesn't beat them tonight

you called it? good... now i don't have to watch it and i can do something else since you say we're going to win. thanks man.

gotta love the, "i gotta feeling" or "i'm gonna call it that we win" homer posters.

Traditionally we don't play well at these exotic tourney locales. And Duke is 12-0 in Maui alltime. It sorta has the feel like we're about to get schooled.

That said, I think this group will go hard for 40 minutes and not quit. That's one reason why I wouldn't mind seeing Michigan again....we owe them a full game's worth of effort.

you called it? good... now i don't have to watch it and i can do something else since you say we're going to win. thanks man.

gotta love the, "i gotta feeling" or "i'm gonna call it that we win" homer posters.

If you come on a Tennessee message board and are surprised by posts like these, than I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I say Duke wins and YES I HOPE I'M WRONG.

Growing up in ACC country it's just hard not to expect UNC or Duke to win most of the time in BB against an SEC school.

VN Store

Back