Dr Rosen's Video Game Deals

in case anyone needs some uh extra storage space on their cd, good deal on some dual layer memorex.
50 pack for 29.99

Memorex 8x DVD+R Double Layer Media - 5732 - Buy.com

Good deal for sure. However, those discs were awful with my burner. I've got an older NEC burner from newegg that was popular years ago. I pretty much had to use 2x and even then it was spotty if they'd work in a 360. Data and so forth seemed fine, but the 360 didn't like them unless 2x.

I keep getting Verbatium each time. Haven't had a bad burn on those in over 100 discs. After 10 or so of the Memorex, I gave up.

Please note, media/burner/compatibility is different for most brands and models of burners. I understand this. If these discs are working for you that's the important part. Just thought I'd mention my experiences earlier this year.

Good deal for sure. However, those discs were awful with my burner. I've got an older NEC burner from newegg that was popular years ago. I pretty much had to use 2x and even then it was spotty if they'd work in a 360. Data and so forth seemed fine, but the 360 didn't like them unless 2x.

I keep getting Verbatium each time. Haven't had a bad burn on those in over 100 discs. After 10 or so of the Memorex, I gave up.

Please note, media/burner/compatibility is different for most brands and models of burners. I understand this. If these discs are working for you that's the important part. Just thought I'd mention my experiences earlier this year.

very good point, i've used nothing but memorex and i burn at 4x without any problems but that doesn't mean this will work for everyone. i wouldn't rush to get these unless you're sure they'll work for your situation.

I can't burn anything at all on Memorex, but Verbatim have worked at a 100% clip
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Memorex works perfect for me and at 4x. I am using a newer pioneer qflix dvd burner by the way. I ordered a hundred of these, should be enough to get me through the year:)

Last edited:
Anyone know of a good place to buy a external HD for the computer? I am looking for a 1TB-2TB at a good price.

Figured I'd share a good little story. Wish it had worked out so others here could have joined in the fun.

As many folks here might now, I'm a bit of a deal hunter especially with electronics and gadgets. I always share, but unfortunately, due to timing, Best Buy squashed this deal early afternoon before I could post. Here's what happened:

On Sunday, I read on cheapassgamer that Best Buy had a coupon for $20 off Fairytale Fights for 360 and PS3 for Reward Zone members. Coincidentally, Best Buy put this game on sale for $19.99 on Sunday. Guess some people didn't talk to others because the coupon was still working Sunday morning. Wife didn't really understand what this meant as I printed a couple coupons and ran out the door.

So, at Best Buy, I bring up 3 copies of the 360 version to the register. Girl rings them in. I give her the coupon. Computer asks if she wants to apply the coupon and she hits YES. Immediately, everything is zero'ed out and a receipt prints. Thanks for shopping. You owe nothing.

Drove to the other Best Buy (now I don't think it would have mattered) and bought 3 PS3 and 2 360 versions.

I wasn't real sure if I'd get much for these so I stopped there. Unfortunately, as I'm driving home to post this, Best Buy wises up and fixes the coupon to not work with the sale price. So be it.

Now, between yesterday and today, I visited the 3 Game Haven stores around here and traded a copy of each platform at each for trade credit. Couldn't believe when the first one told me $52 for the pair. They decrease a bit as they get them, but I ended with right around $150 in store credit at Game Haven.

I took the 2 remaining copies to Gamecrazy in Maryville. They gave me $32 in store credit. Bought MS Points and a PSN card after adding $8 of my own cash.

So, all in all, I got $182 in credit for Best Buy's little mistake. I think this goes in my top 5 best deals of all time. Sweet.

VN Store

Back