Doug Matthews say tomorrow: stop today’s death watch!!

This just shows you don’t understand how football teams work. The head coach sets the tone and instills the culture. Butch was a finesse coach and he wanted a finesse defense.

Shoop was forced to keep good players on the bench b/c Jones thought they weren’t ready or played reckless. Butch was scared of injuries so he hardly let players hit during practice, completely different than what Franklin did at Vandy and Penn State. You can tell a guy the correct way to tackle 1,000 times, put him in position to make that tackle, but if he isn’t out there doing it every day then he won’t be able to perform when the lights are on.

And that was exactly the problem we saw in the product on the field during Jones' tenure at UT... the players were not only tentative in making both offensive and defensive plays... they were downright soft! We also lacked depth at every position... and the blame ultimately lies on the ole head coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That doesn't mean jack. I've seen "tough" teams win 3 games and finesse teams win 12.

Not to be disagreeing but I can only assume I’m not understanding what your definition of tough and finesse means cause if you ain’t TOUGH up front up you ain’t FINESSEING anyone.....EVER!

Reactions: 3 people
:eek:lol:...Doug knows no more than we do, which is nothing...:)

GO AD FULMER AND GO VOLS!!!!!!

For sure you don't know the relationship between the two.
If you did you would not make such a statement as you did. Doug will know who the coach is long before you do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
But when this shat show Circus is over, there won't be anything to do but wait till next year

Pruitt is a good coach, but Pearl Harbor Day is not an appropriate occasion.

Or maybe it is.

Last edited:
I’m so far behind on my work, that I have to stay up late to get caught up. I’m working hard day and night at it. I hope I don’t get fired. I’m so tired in the office.

Reactions: 2 people
But when this shat show Circus is over, there won't be anything to do but wait till next year

tumblr_m45bpo9rMN1r1bpyn.gif

I must admit I’ve put more thought and time into this search than even I would think is healthy....but it’s the blood and guts car wreck that I can’t look away from.... but alas the eternal optimist in me thinks we may just come out of this in good shape...eventually!!

Reactions: 2 people
Circus leaves town tomorrow Vol fans, prepare to drink what ever Fulmer is serving:ermm:

I’ll just be happy to see the lame ass Gruden thread go away once and for All ! And it can take all the horses ass’s that post in it with it !

Trusting Fulmer to make a good hire is dubious at best. If history is any indication, he has not made good choices. I would be lying if I said I believe he will hire the best available coach. I think it really burns him that people want Kiffin and not someone like him. I don’t want to think this, but I am not sure he has pursued hard any coaches that he thinks might have more success than him.

:rofl::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912:

Been callin’ in scared...

Me: “Mr. boss, sir, I’m ‘fraid I can’t make it in today...”

Boss: “UT still hasn’t named a coach yet have they?”

Me: “No sir”

Boss: “Better stock up on that Preparation H when you hit the Pilot Flying J”

Me: “Thank you sir. Go Vols!”

This just shows you don’t understand how football teams work. The head coach sets the tone and instills the culture. Butch was a finesse coach and he wanted a finesse defense.

Shoop was forced to keep good players on the bench b/c Jones thought they weren’t ready or played reckless. Butch was scared of injuries so he hardly let players hit during practice, completely different than what Franklin did at Vandy and Penn State. You can tell a guy the correct way to tackle 1,000 times, put him in position to make that tackle, but if he isn’t out there doing it every day then he won’t be able to perform when the lights are on.

Good, so since Pruitt is better than Jones, 10 wins next season?

Didn't think so. He better at least win 8. 5-7 is not acceptable.

I’ll just be happy to see the lame ass Gruden thread go away once and for All ! And it can take all the horses ass’s that post in it with it !

:thumbsup:
I agree. I think I was dreading the Gruden rumor bull**** more than the coach search. I’m sick of all the idiotic “Grumors” that flood this forum every time we’re looking for a coach.

VN Store

Back