Doug Matthews say tomorrow: stop today’s death watch!!

After reading all of these post since the search began, I have come to the conclusion that many need to re-evaluate their priorities in life. Love my Vols just as much as the next, but my goodness, it is just a sport. Whoever we get, will get behind him and let him prove himself. Schiano (spelling?) should have never been considered for sure, but one can find positives and negatives about all the other prospects. I have my picks, but those are the ones I would pick without anymore info other than what is on the web. Trust CPF with whoever he chooses. Remember all the non-Rick Barnes post. Boy haven't they had to eat crow. Always have been and always will be a Tennessee Vol. GO BIG ORANGE

Reactions: 6 people
It must be Petersen, Gundy or Gruden dangling a carrot offering one more day of hope before the inevitable selection.

These guys have told us no. Get over it and move on. I don't want someone who don't wanna be here. Bring on Pruitt. You will see the toughness come back to Tennessee football when he takes over. You win championships with defense. Just look at Georgia, and Alabama. Both in the final 4.

Reactions: 2 people
how can UCF lose their coach and 3 days later announce a replace and it has taken us 5 weeks.

These guys have told us no. Get over it and move on. I don't want someone who don't wanna be here. Bring on Pruitt. You will see the toughness come back to Tennessee football when he takes over. You win championships with defense. Just look at Georgia, and Alabama. Both in the final 4.

And Pruitt was the head coach of neither, so it doesn't really matter what Georgia and Alabama is doing.

You can get great defense from a DC. You don't need him as a HC.

And Pruitt was the head coach of neither, so it doesn't really matter what Georgia and Alabama is doing.

You can get great defense from a DC. You don't need him as a HC.

This just shows you don’t understand how football teams work. The head coach sets the tone and instills the culture. Butch was a finesse coach and he wanted a finesse defense.

Shoop was forced to keep good players on the bench b/c Jones thought they weren’t ready or played reckless. Butch was scared of injuries so he hardly let players hit during practice, completely different than what Franklin did at Vandy and Penn State. You can tell a guy the correct way to tackle 1,000 times, put him in position to make that tackle, but if he isn’t out there doing it every day then he won’t be able to perform when the lights are on.

Reactions: 4 people
Just heard from a friend that UT just flew Pruitt from Pensacola FL to NY. I'm not a fan of this hire. I'm not disgusted but definitely prefer someone else.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back