Dooley hired OC at Mizzou

From what I’ve heard the cowboys thing was mutual. His contract was up, I think this was already in the works.

That may be, i do not know, but that doesnt negate the fact that he has never worked with qb's or had play calling duties.

Mizz fans right after hearing that.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Because dooley has what experience even working with qb's? Thats right absolutely none, he has only ever been a wr coach and a failed hc that didnt even have play calling duties. There is absolutely nothing in his resume to suggest this is even a decent hire.

Because Dooley is gonna move Mizzou to a pro style offense. This isn’t a crazy hire like everyone is saying.

Reactions: 1 person
Because Dooley is gonna move Mizzou to a pro style offense. This isn’t a crazy hire like everyone is saying.

So a guy who had never been a coordinator is going to lead the install of a completely new offensive system? Sounds like a solid plan for a hc in a critical year

Reactions: 2 people
Dooley is a reasonable hire. Offensive strategy was his strength while at UT, and particularly, Wide Receivers. He was a terrible Head Coach, but could make a pretty good OC. That said, if I were Mizzou, I'd be concerned about his recruiting ability. Out of Fulmer, Butch Jones, and Pruitt, Dooley was by far the worst at recruiting. It's why I think he was probably better off staying in the NFL.

It's a strange hire regardless of what system they will try and run. Think about this, Dooley was an offensive position coach under Saban for 7 seasons in two different stops (LSU '00-'04, Dolphins '05-'06) but despite having an opening for OC on two separate occasions, Saban never promoted him to OC. Also, whenever Saban loses an assistant that he really likes (such as Lance Thompson, Bobby Williams or Jeremy Pruitt) he makes an effort to bring them back if he has an opening and they are available. Not Dooley.

Reactions: 3 people

Taking arguably the best offense in the SEC and turning it into Pro Style, which hasn't been viably successful in basically a decade. Oh and the guy you hired to do it hasnt successfully done that before. Or successfully done anything as a coach, actually.

Yeah that's not crazy at all.

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley is a reasonable hire. Offensive strategy was his strength while at UT, and particularly, Wide Receivers. He was a terrible Head Coach, but could make a pretty good OC. That said, if I were Mizzou, I'd be concerned about his recruiting ability. Out of Fulmer, Butch Jones, and Pruitt, Dooley was by far the worst at recruiting. It's why I think he was probably better off staying in the NFL.

How do you figure? He was not the OC (and by the way, our offense was atrocious in 2011... some people seem to want to forget that). He didn't have a strength at Tennessee. The BYE week was a toss up.

Has he ever worked with qb's as part of his job title? No. Has he ever had play calling duties? No. So where do you see the some how magical ability to convert one of the conferences most explosive spread offenses into a pro style offense. When he has absolutely no experience either running an offense or calling plays? And before you say it, even though it has been repeated ad nauseum it was Jim Chaney that ran the offense while Dooley was head coach at UT.

Oh my god 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Missouri.... Come on man!!!!

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    730.6 KB · Views: 243

VN Store

Back