Dooley has been fired (unconfirmed)

I had a customer at work recently who started talking football with me and said "well just so you know, good things are coming. Trust me I'm well on the inside" so I said "you gotta give me something". He replied with "you can't say anything because they haven't announced yet....... but Gruden is coming". And I thought maybe this is legit. Then the guy said "Gruden is coming, and Saban is going to Cleveland".

Then I thought....... "You're an idiot".

Moral of the story is no one knows anything about anything.

Reactions: 7 people
I just talked to a friend of mine in Knoxville who is very close to the football program.

Derek Dooley was fired tonight and an official announcement will be held on Monday or Tuesday. Chaney will finsh out the season as interm.

Can anyone else confirm this?????

Dooley has a Sunday evening teleconference, so it would likely have to be spilled prior to that. If he was fired immediately, he wouldn't show for that, Chaney would.

Reactions: 1 person
I just talked to a friend of mine in Knoxville who is very close to the football program.

Derek Dooley was fired tonight and an official announcement will be held on Monday or Tuesday. Chaney will finsh out the season as interm.

I can't confirm that. My sources, not all that close to the program, but well connected to "2 men and a truck", have let it be known that no order had been placed as of dinner time tonight.

Reactions: 6 people

I just spoke with a friend of mine who knows absolutely nothing about the program. He isn't even a Tennessee fan and he would not confirm this.

Reactions: 7 people
He will be officially canned by Monday, but will coach the last 2 games. There won't be an interim. Coaching search will be announced, Gruden will have to make decision either way within next two weeks.

Based upon ESPN hyping us and our new facilities. Hart is already hearing from people. Hopefully they have a true Plan B and C after Gruden. I am very skeptical of him coming.

Dude, Gruden has better things to do than coach at UT..........why can't you and so many others realize this?

Reactions: 3 people
KirályVol;7660804 said:
Everybody knows someone, who knows someone.

I know somebody who doesnt know anyone!!

Wonder if Dooley will sell those sweet pants on Ebay??:eek:lol:

Weren't you one of the ones confirming the Randy Shannon hire?

If everyone on here who claims to have a source in the Athletic Department actually does have a source in the Athletic Department, then (at least) one of the following is true:

• They're losing money from having way too damn many employees, not just poor ticket sales. At one employee per poster claiming a source in the AD, they have to be one of the most staffed departments in the University.
  • Whoever is in charge of hiring in the Athletic Department has done a crap job of bringing in and/or retaining employees who can keep their mouths shut
  • People claiming an inside source are really suffering from hallucinations caused by binge drinking or severe depression

Reactions: 2 people
I had a customer at work recently who started talking football with me and said "well just so you know, good things are coming. Trust me I'm well on the inside" so I said "you gotta give me something". He replied with "you can't say anything because they haven't announced yet....... but Gruden is coming". And I thought maybe this is legit. Then the guy said "Gruden is coming, and Saban is going to Cleveland".

Moral of the story is to tell your customers "Thank you for your business" and never get into football talk.

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::pepper:

tease

Next line shouldve been "what's your name on volnation? You must be a insider that works or knows somebody in the AD"

My dad's boss knows the janitor at the AD's brother's cousin. And he said that Hart took a dump during the third quarter today during the game. TIFWIW

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back