Dooley has been fired (unconfirmed)

Why wait until Mon or Tues to announce it? Do it now so we can salvage a Saturday this season.

I just talked to a friend of mine in Knoxville who is very close to the football program.

Derek Dooley was fired tonight and an official announcement will be held on Monday or Tuesday. Chaney will finsh out the season as interm.

Can anyone else confirm this?????

So the word around Knoxville is you talked to your friend?? Dang, you must be some kinda famous. All of Ktown knows when you speak to people? :)

I just talked to a friend of mine in Knoxville who is very close to the football program.

Derek Dooley was fired tonight and an official announcement will be held on Monday or Tuesday. Chaney will finsh out the season as interm.

Without a source, I fear this is just another tease. However, BO fans can hope... and we can continue to cheer on our team!

Last year, I posted even after Dooley beat Franklin that Franklin was a better coach and TN would win with Franklin. Now Dooley could certainly beat Vandy this year, but that does not matter. Tennessee has more or equal talent to 3 of the teams they lost to this year in the SEC and they have a lot more talent then Vandy, but if you say that Franklin would have done worse or equal to what Dooley has done your are lying to yourself. Franklin has 3 SEC which whether Dooley wins out he will fall short of that. We would have 2 wins with Franklin right, do I think he is a man to win SEC championships, maybe not, but what we have now is such a joke, 80 percent of all coaches in all levels of college football are better and that is a safe guess.

Reactions: 1 person
He will be officially canned by Monday, but will coach the last 2 games. There won't be an interim. Coaching search will be announced, Gruden will have to make decision either way within next two weeks.

Based upon ESPN hyping us and our new facilities. Hart is already hearing from people. Hopefully they have a true Plan B and C after Gruden. I am very skeptical of him coming.

Reactions: 4 people
Dont hijack this thread with negative stupid comments. Its no wonder why nobody wants to share info on this board.

This would work........ Added a HR hire is announced shortly to aid in recruiting........Kinda the way Ohio St. did with UM........

Best news I've heard today.... Makes me feel better even if it doesn't pan out....... :dance2:

VN Store

Back