Done with the sports source and his sponsors

bigdaddy

The Bull3tspung
Staff member
Used to be a big fan of Pennington and his show but his outright distain for UT baseball has done me in. He refused to cover or even admit we have a team and always says it hurts his ratings. Well, I suggest we all dump his show and not support his sponsors due to his bullheadedness about not covering UT baseball. Carry on boys and let’s get the sweep against The vandy boys
B446EF02-9C69-4588-B145-1EAEAD8DBD91.png

I listen to the Sports Source whenever I head back to visit family in Knoxville. It’s an awful show. Extremely negative and dismissive of Tennessee athletics in general. Jimmy Hyams needs to retire. They try to come across as objective, but really it’s just condescending. There are far better options to listen to if you’re a Tennessee fan and want to hear about Tennessee athletics.

In my opinion the local sports media trying to hustle a dollar on the backs of all things orange are an interesting lot, none of whom, in my opinion are any more knowledgeable or inside the athletic department than the guys in the breakroom at work.I personally boycott all of their advertisers figuring if they are willing to throw money at that nonsense, it will probably get passed through on my bill. It's not even entertaining on their broadcasts anymore, it's all infomercials for some poor yokel that spent real money to allow them the use of that time slot.

Why would anyone watch that anyway. It's more of an infomercial than a sports talk show. Endless commercials followed by 5 minutes of reading "This segment brought to you by..."
I think they buy their air time, like an infomercial. If a program begins with something like ‘the views expressed aren’t necessarily the views of the station…” then bought air time. They probably sell their own ad inventory, thus everything is the segment brought to you by X.

Reactions: vol66
Why would anyone watch that anyway. It's more of an infomercial than a sports talk show. Endless commercials followed by 5 minutes of reading "This segment brought to you by..."
45 mins of commercials 45 mins of so called sports info. Sports animal radio is about the same Jimmy taught him well.

Used to be a big fan of Pennington and his show but his outright distain for UT baseball has done me in. He refused to cover or even admit we have a team and always says it hurts his ratings. Well, I suggest we all dump his show and not support his sponsors due to his bullheadedness about not covering UT baseball. Carry on boys and let’s get the sweep against The vandy boys
View attachment 444591

Honestly I never cared for Pennington. He's pompous and his show is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I'm surprised that show is still on the air
I guess air time is cheap for his time slot

I went to college with Chuck Calavaras (sp). Nice guy but not a knowledgeable football expert by any stretch.

View attachment 444591
Give ur ratings to the other guys

Reactions: bigdaddy

VN Store

Back