Does rape investigation effect recruiting?

I know this is a sensitive subject, but I'm just curious to get others thoughts.

Do y'all think this will makes recruits look elsewhere now?

The only recruits this will effect are the ones we would not want anyway. CBJ has shown that he will run a program the way it should be run. fsu and bimbo could learn from UT and CBJ's example.
GBO

Last edited:
There are two ways to handle stuff like this -
(1) The Butch way
(2) The Vandy/FSU way

I will take the Butch way every time.

Look at your elite teams, No it was just 2 and off campus, plus there will be other headlines to take his spot, Michigan kicked a kid of today for Domestic assault.

Dont know if you are serious? Do you not know this happens at every school? Are you just trolling?

FSU is a place where they are aiding star players and covering it up, the Tallahassee police are even doing it.. So if you're a star and stay in trouble with the law Florida St is the place for you.. That's the sad part of all this.. Shouldn't be tolerated at all if found guilty

well i don,t think or at least i wouldn,t think it would affect recruiting unless UT was to handle it the way FU SU .in that case it was swept under the rug or the whole state cause they wanted to make sure janice i mean jamis would lead fsu to bcs tital and get the heisman. it happens every where alot of cases are false plum made up then some cases never get reported .The fact is just cause you are a star football player and that alot of women swoon at their feet does not mean they all want to give it up and they have to use common sense .

Not unless the coaches and administration mishandle the situation by trying to cover it up if guilty. Unfortunately, this stuff happens at universities all over the country. How it is handled is how the university will be judged. I trust Butch will do the right thing if the situation calls for it. Recruiting will be fine.

I apologize, beforehand, because I haven't read, or heard, where there were charges filed, or arrests. Did I miss it? If I did, ref before, If not would someone please be a human being for a change and wait till all is known. Can we just wait and see before another human being is crucified...this goes for you butch, also. Recruits are watching you too. :shhh::dunno::tease2:

GO VOLS!

I hope he is innocent, but I have no idea. Don't know about recruiting, but it certainly will not help the Vols this weekend. We need all the good players we can get to beat Missouri.

Reactions: 1 person
If this is true what does it have to do with recruits and the vols? they were off campus and did something to affect themselves has nothing to do with the team! they should know better

Should it effect recruiting? No. A lot of these incidents happen at every college campus across the US. Alcohol, possibly drugs, and college age kids with no adult supervision for the first time in their lives equals a lot of stupidity. As far as campus safety I think UT was pretty good in the rankings last time I checked.

Will it effect recruiting? Possibly. There's always some that will spin any negative headline and put into the heads of a recruit or a recruit's family. If they're on the fence it can push them off of it towards another program. That's just part of recruiting though.

We'll I'm sure Skal didn't commit to UK because of crime at Memphis. I don't think it will hurt recruiting , but the way Butch will handle it may keep recruiting strong showing he can deal with these issues and do his best for players to keep themselves out a "situation"

VN Store

Back