Does rape investigation effect recruiting?

Chances are my kids won't be heavily recruited from multiple D1 schools. Your smart ass comment and attempt at fishing for likes was noticed. You clearly are a simpleton. Let me make it a little clearer for you. These recruits have multiple scholarships, and will choose one school to attend, and I'm positive that during that process there parents will have some input. So if it comes down to two schools, one under investigations, and one not. They might decide to go to the latter one.

You call me a simpleton? Lol thats funny. Rape, unfortunately, happens at every school. If you are worried about a single investigation than you are too naive to advise anyone on college criteria. I dont care about likes and my smartass comment was to show how dumb your question was.

Reactions: 6 people
Chances are my kids won't be heavily recruited from multiple D1 schools. Your smart ass comment and attempt at fishing for likes was noticed. You clearly are a simpleton. Let me make it a little clearer for you. These recruits have multiple scholarships, and will choose one school to attend, and I'm positive that during that process there parents will have some input. So if it comes down to two schools, one under investigations, and one not. They might decide to go to the latter one.

I would say that would be the case had Butch not suspended them pending results of investigation.

It's not fair to have a trial outside of a courtroom.

Reactions: 1 person
You call me a simpleton? Lol thats funny. Rape, unfortunately, happens at every school. If you are worried about a single investigation than you are too naive to advise anyone on college criteria. I dont care about likes and my smartass comment was to show how dumb your question was.

You are clearly missing the point. Your are making this about my kids and me. It is not. Just put yourself in the recruits shoes or parents shoes for a minute and ask yourself if you would second guess you or your kids commitment to a school after something like this happens.

I would say that would be the case had Butch not suspended them pending results of investigation.

It's not fair to have a trial outside of a courtroom.

I agree, but I'm sure it will be discussed in recruits living rooms.

I agree, but I'm sure it will be discussed in recruits living rooms.

No doubt. But these things happen when you have a large, diverse group of 18-22 year old males on a team. It happens everywhere. I'm not claiming there is guilt here. I'm saying there are more opportunities for these type of situations to present themselves (guilty or not).

You are clearly missing the point. Your are making this about my kids and me. It is not. Just put yourself in the recruits shoes or parents shoes for a minute and ask yourself if you would second guess you or your kids commitment to a school after something like this happens.

Unfortunately, it happens EVERYWHERE - State schools, private schools, military academies - my guess is there is not a college in the US that you can 100% assure your kid that this is not going to happen....just google it

Sexual Assault Statistics

How often does rape happen?

One in four college women report surviving rape or attempted rape at some point in their lifetime. These are anonymous reports on multi-campus surveys sampling thousands of college students nationwide (Fisher, Cullen & Turner, 2000; Tjaden & Thoennes, 2006). This rate has remained the same since studies in the 1980s (Koss, Gidycz, & Wisniewki, 1987).
In the U.S. Military academies, 5% of women report surviving rape every year, as do 2.4% of the men (Snyder, Fisher, Scherer, & Daigle, 2012).
5% of women on college campuses experience rape or attempted rape every year (Kilpatrick, Resnick, Riggierio, Conoscenti, & McCauley, 2007; American College Health Association, 2013).
673,000 women currently attending U.S. colleges and universities have experienced rape at some point in their lifetime (Kilpatrick, Resnick, Riggiero, Conoscenti & McCauley, 2007).
In one year 300,000 college women, over 5% of women enrolled in colleges and universities, experience rape. This does not include other forms of sexual assault (Kilpatrick, et al.)

The school isnt under investigation. The 2 players are. Wont affect recruiting 1 iota.

The school isn't under investigation.

I know this is a sensitive subject, but I'm just curious to get others thoughts.

Do y'all think this will makes recruits look elsewhere now?

If you're a parent would you want your kid going to a school that's has this hanging over the schools head?

Being a parent myself of two daughters and a son. I wouldn't be truthful, if I said it wouldn't make me second guess the school or want to look elsewhere. I think CBJ will handle this the right way, but I think it's a scar that's going to be hard to over look.
The school didn't sexually assault anyone...A player possibilly did...Not going to effect recruiting at all.

I know this is a sensitive subject, but I'm just curious to get others thoughts.

Do y'all think this will makes recruits look elsewhere now?

If you're a parent would you want your kid going to a school that's has this hanging over the schools head?

Being a parent myself of two daughters and a son. I wouldn't be truthful, if I said it wouldn't make me second guess the school or want to look elsewhere. I think CBJ will handle this the right way, but I think it's a scar that's going to be hard to over look.
I am insulted by what you wrote. AJ is innocent until proven otherwise,you have used rape, hanging over our head, terms that you sling around with no basis of fact yet. As far as recruiting obviously you live under a rock! This allegation and one's like it are probably pending at 50 percent of division 1 schools. Did it hurt fl.st, missouri, and a host of others?

Last edited:
Preach on brother, yes they might or they might not. Do you have your vigilantes and rope with you? Somewhere in your jumbled bs you called someone a simpleton, were you shaving, brushing your teeth, or combing your hair in the mirrow?

You do realize that wasn't an attack at you or your kids right? Lets deconstruct that for just a second. He wasn't saying your kids weren't smart/athletic enough to attend a state school he was saying if you are shying away from schools where rape has occurred you are going to be looking for a long...long time because it happens everywhere, so shall we lower our persecution complex for just a second and check up on some reading comprehension eh?

Reactions: 3 people
I just heard that one girl was from Florida and refused to press charges, she went back to Florida. Just wondering if somebody got pissed and a bit tooted and called the law...Just saying.

Disagree. I think She wanted to talk to a lawyer first.

VN Store

Back