Does CCM call plays?

Bruce Pearl did run the flex for a good portion of the shot clock, but it was simply to create organized motion and give his players the chance to make plays. If they didn't get anything out of it, he would call a set play with 10-15 seconds on the shot clock, and get a shot for a specific player. It seems to me like Martin's so-called motion offense lacks structure. There are times when it looks great, but most of the time, it looks like they are just free-lancing. I don't see any pattern or purpose to their movement.

Of course cuonzo calls plays. He uses signals. The mean face followed by licking his fingers lets the team know he wants them to pass it around the top of the key then chuck up a last second off balance shot.

Don't forget...sweating through the jacket means pass the ball around for 32 seconds then jack a 3...and the painting your chest orange and beating it like a gorilla means someone's about to get arrested.

Bruce Pearl did run the flex for a good portion of the shot clock, but it was simply to create organized motion and give his players the chance to make plays. If they didn't get anything out of it, he would call a set play with 10-15 seconds on the shot clock, and get a shot for a specific player. It seems to me like Martin's so-called motion offense lacks structure. There are times when it looks great, but most of the time, it looks like they are just free-lancing. I don't see any pattern or purpose to their movement.

Salient post. Well done.

These guys are just horrible at setting screens for one another and every play looks completely disjointed.

clearly you didn't pay much attention during the run. Pearl played much more like Martin's system than his run and gun system with lofton and smith. he focused of defense and a half court game the second half of the season and that is why they made the run.

Pearls best quality was adjusting his style of play to the type of player he had on his team.

You're entitled to your opinion. Baylor fans say the same thing "just win baby" too though, but I sure as hell wouldn't want Drew coaching here.

Well the NCAA went over Bruce Pearl with a fine tooth comb and found absolutely nothing. Yes he made an idiotic mistake but to compare him to Drew(if rumors are true) is a horrible comparison.

Well the NCAA went over Bruce Pearl with a fine tooth comb and found absolutely nothing. Yes he made an idiotic mistake but to compare him to Drew(if rumors are true) is a horrible comparison.

I'm not gonna get into it on here, but pearl had a lot going on. NCAA I believe found things but Hamilton informed them of his decision to fire him and staff. You don't get a 3 year show cause for lying about a BBQ...there was plenty more.

I know for a fact of a few things going on that it wouldn't of taken the NCAA looking very hard to find. Just because it wasn't publicized didn't mean more wasn't found...like I said you don't get a 3 year show cause for lying about a BBQ.

I'm not gonna get into it on here, but pearl had a lot going on. NCAA I believe found things but Hamilton informed them of his decision to fire him and staff. You don't get a 3 year show cause for lying about a BBQ...there was plenty more.

I know for a fact of a few things going on that it wouldn't of taken the NCAA looking very hard to find. Just because it wasn't publicized didn't mean more wasn't found...like I said you don't get a 3 year show cause for lying about a BBQ.

I don't believe that for a second...... The NCAA sent a letter of allegations stating everything we were guilty of and at the time we had never stated we were going to fire Pearl. Why in the world would the NCAA hold things back?

people on here 'always know' but never state source or details. Always just a 'take my word I know'...

I don't believe that for a second...... The NCAA sent a letter of allegations stating everything we were guilty of and at the time we had never stated we were going to fire Pearl. Why in the world would the NCAA hold things back?

Maybe...but I have a hard time believing lying about a minor violation got him a 3 tear show cause. There's been plenty of other coaches and players lie and not get a penalty like that.

Like I said, think he's a saint if you want, but I can promise there were things going on. If ALL he did was have a BBQ, you can bet big time schools will be blowing up his phone...watch and see, won't happen.

Maybe...but I have a hard time believing lying about a minor violation got him a 3 tear show cause. There's been plenty of other coaches and players lie and not get a penalty like that.

Like I said, think he's a saint if you want, but I can promise there were things going on. If ALL he did was have a BBQ, you can bet big time schools will be blowing up his phone...watch and see, won't happen.

Name one thing he was suppose to have done then, we have had these discussions before and you have never mentioned anything like this.

Name one thing he was suppose to have done then, we have had these discussions before and you have never mentioned anything like this.

Well we've already been over the phone calls, throw away phones and hotel stats he was paying for. So that alone tells you there's more than a little BBQ that went on. No matter how you wanna spin it, those are things that can't be done.

Like I said...I know of other things that went on, I don't know if the NCAA discovered these things or not, but there's a few things I know of first hand that he was responsible for.

Well we've already been over the phone calls, throw away phones and hotel stats he was paying for. So that alone tells you there's more than a little BBQ that went on. No matter how you wanna spin it, those are things that can't be done.

Like I said...I know of other things that went on, I don't know if the NCAA discovered these things or not, but there's a few things I know of first hand that he was responsible for.

I can't find any evidence of throw away phones besides what was mentioned on this site.....they really didn't go much over the allotted calls to resort to throw away phones. As for the paid visits, we were barely over the 48 hour limit. The coaches turned it in on the expense report...not like it was paid in cash and tried to cover it up.

There are so may ridiculous rules that nothing I know that they have done would be considered cheating in my eyes. Even painting the freaking rock is a violation.

VN Store

Back