Dobbs. Peterman in Gruden's QB Camp

North was injured all year. Goff wasn't. If North can ever manage to stay healthy (I'm not sure this will happen but I can hope), he'll be a decent NFL receiver.

Injuries didn't keep Marquez from getting drafted though, his poor play at Tennessee did. Wish I could agree on North. Couldn't get separation in college, just don't see him doing it in the NFL with the big boys, injured or not. I couldn't care less about Goff, just trying to be consistent on how we evaluate players.

Demarco Murray is not a top RB. Stop it. As a young RB you should be able to beat out a RB on his last legs at 28 years old.

Murray, the top rusher in the AFC last year, after being the top rusher in the NFC and the entire NFL in 2014, isn't a top RB? Come on man. He's a top rusher, he's excellent in pass pro and he's outstanding catching the ball out of the backfield. He's easily a top 5 back in the league, hands down.

Reactions: 5 people
Demarco Murray is not a top RB. Stop it. As a young RB you should be able to beat out a RB on his last legs at 28 years old.

He finished 3rd in the league in rushing.

And he definitely isnt on his last legs. He almost broke the season rushing record in Dallas so Philadelphia bought him so they wouldnt have to deal with him vs Dallas. He sat on their bench all year.

Besides all that, it wouldnt make sense for the Titans to trade for him and then take a RB so early in the draft. The plan was never for Henry to start.

And? None of them thought Dak was any good last year and look how that turned out.

I could be the only person on earth who thinks Dobbs is the best QB in this draft and I could be right. Just because NFL GMs don't agree with me doesn't make me ultimately wrong.

NFL GMs have been wrong about many QBs.

^ hes right.

Reactions: 1 person
Marquez was just added to the Rams active roster so I wouldn't give up on him just yet. If he can get healthy, he'll be a quality NFL WR.

And since you love reminding everyone of my misses, how about the hits?

(1) I said Ezekiel Elliott would not only be the best player in the 2016 draft but he would immediately become one of the top RBs in the NFL and lead the league in rushing. That happened.

(2) I also said Sterling Shepard was the #1 WR in the 2016 draft and was a better prospect than Treadwell, Coleman, or any other overhyped first round WR. I was right about that as well.

(3) I called Jared Goff being an epic bust. That happened.

(4) I said Derrick Henry would be a bust in the NFL. That happened.

Its true that so far it looks like I missed on some guys. But so far it looks like I've been right on other guys as well.

First off, Henry is not a bust. He's playing behind Murray which is a proven NFL back. He also put up decent numbers as a no. 2.

Secondly, calling Goff a bust so soon is elementary. He literally plays on Rams who were absolutely terrible on offense all year. Dak wouldn't have been overly impressive in LA. You can't call someone a bust for their rookie season or the first couple of years.

My point? Look at RG3. Amazing rookie season, but now he's a bust. So if Dobbs doesn't start next year, I bet you won't call him a bust or if he has a bad season.

I did. He didn't do much of anything. And don't give me he's just a rookie. Typically high profile RBs come in and dominate immediately.

Henry will be another Brandon Jacobs.

Given the right supporting players. You realize that the Cowboys have the best offense line and McFadden who has had a subpar NFL career, broke a thousand yards behind that line. Elliot is a special talent but to say "dominate immediately" is absurd.

You are a literally delusional or just so hard headed that you can't realize some of the stuff you spout off. Reading your posts are like reading posts from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. One moment, solid analysis and great input and the other crazy unrealistic predictions.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone who watched the Titans saw that Henry is a special talent. Titans managed him right last year. Henry is a monster in the making.

Everybody needs to see how the Titans have made a priority of getting good talent on their OL the last few drafts and you'll begin to understand why their running game improved. Murray is a big time talent, you can't take that away from him, but the OL in Nashville is young and talented and just began to come into their own last season.

I did. He didn't do much of anything. And don't give me he's just a rookie. Typically high profile RBs come in and dominate immediately.

Brandon Jacobs had almost 6000 total yards and 64 tds in a 9 year career. More tds than witten or lewis btw. But im aure thats a bust for you.

Reactions: 2 people
Why do you have this opinion? Only high first round QB's typically go to a "bottom feeder", and that's only guaranteed if the bottom feeder doesn't trade away the pick. It's highly unlikely Dobbs goes in rounds 1-3 so every team will get multiple opportunities to draft him. He's just as likely to go to a power house franchise as going to a bottom feeder franchise. Dallas ought to draft him in the 3rd to back up Dak since so many view them as similar players. Romo obviously won't be there next year.

It's because there are so many teams that have a dire need for a good QB. Josh thinks on his feet well and makes things happen, so maybe there are some bottom feeders that are willing to take him early and roll the dice with him.

Vince Young wasn't really a bad NFL QB; he won rookie of the year and ultimately had a 31-19 record as a starter for some pretty mediocre Titans teams. He could've been a great QB, but unfortunately he got screwed over by Jeff Fisher and a conservative playbook completely unsuited to utilize his talents. VY's problem was entering the NFL just a few years before it was really ready for a player like him.
Vince Young is a dummy, Josh Dobbs is not a dummy.

Beside Zeke, name another rookie back that dominated anything? Derrick Henry did a good job behind Murray. Besides the fact that was basically a free pick for the Titans, due to a trade. Henry was impressive this year as a rookie back up, nearly everyone agreed.

Reactions: 2 people
Beside Zeke, name another rookie back that dominated anything? Derrick Henry did a good job behind Murray. Besides the fact that was basically a free pick for the Titans, due to a trade. Henry was impressive this year as a rookie back up, nearly everyone agreed.

Well said. Nearly 500 yards rushing, 4.5 ypc and 5 tds as a backup RB to one of the top 3-5 rbs in the NFL. He was impressive to anyone who doesn't have an agenda that he not be impressive.....I'm looking at you D4H

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back