Do we have too many laws or too many criminals?

Legalize and tax:

1. Drugs
2. Prostitution
3. Gambling

A regulated sex industry in this country would be awesome. Anyone who has traveled to more..progressive...places know what I mean. Marriages would definitely last way longer than they currently due. Guys would be happier because they can keep getting some trim after their wife freezes them out. Wives will be happier because they won't be harassed for sex anymore and can spend more time eating ice cream, getting fat, and watching lifetime.

An added benefit is there will be less rapes and cat calling so feminists will have to find some new imaginary thing that offends them.

Weed. I don't know the going rates for weed anymore but when I was younger it was like $150 for a half ounce (maybe). Those days are fuzzy. We could have weed/tobacco blends, cartons of joints, loose leaf, snuff, dip, chew, Trader Joes own, open air cage free pesticide free locally grown herb, etc. Rake in the taxes, create more farm jobs. Hell the hoods could maybe reach full employment with a good urban farming program.

Gambling. Lets be real. The indians had their time. Now its time for the rest of America to be able to legally partake in this ancient past time.

If we are knocking down religious based laws lets start doing it to things that actually affect most people and not a small, small, SMALL, part of the population.

I agree with all of this. I do not feel that other drugs should be legalized.

I agree with all of this. I do not feel that other drugs should be legalized.

I'm leery about the harder stuff but I'll admit I've never used anything besides pot (long time ago NSA) so I can't really judge on their impact outside of the propaganda I've seen against it. I'm going to say crack, meth..probably shouldn't be legal. Opium, cocaine, peyote, sure.

But then I remember my empathy level is at -11 so in the end if people want to gulp down trays full of blue sky..go for it because I don't care.

Too many laws.

Ironically, we let obvious criminals of all the time. Especially if they have money.

The system is terrible.

Last edited:
Very disturbing that we have so many citizens ready to enforce the most trivial of violations with the threat of police force.The lawmakers wouldn't have the support to do it if we didn't have so many of us justifying police action on so much of our daily lives.

Reactions: 1 person
I am of a mind that we should not legislate morality. The only real crimes are those that result in loss of property, damage to property, loss of life, or other violent crimes.

Reactions: 2 people
I am of a mind that we should not legislate morality. The only real crimes are those that result in loss of property, damage to property, loss of life, or other violent crimes.

What about the sale and consumption of drugs like heroin, meth etc that lead to criminal behavior, as defined by you?

What about the sale and consumption of drugs like heroin, meth etc that lead to criminal behavior, as defined by you?

Of course the possession and consumption of it should be legal.

If those who consume it commit a violent/property crime, they should be charged with that crime.

What is hard about this?

Reactions: 6 people
I don't really feeling like paying for any more addicts than i do.

This makes no sense. You don't like to pay for them to be on welfare but don't mind to pay for them to be in jail/prison (expensive).

It's fine to not want to pay for them to be on welfare; but that's a separate issue entirely. The thread is about locking them up.

Reactions: 1 person

I've yet to see anyone on here make a valid argument against this for as long as I've been arguing it(since I joined). The responses are generally emotional rather than Rational.

I've yet to see anyone on here make a valid argument against this for as long as I've been arguing it(since I joined). The responses are generally emotional rather than Rational.

I believe that religion and/or societal norms should dictate morality. Depends on one's beliefs. There doesn't come a time when lack of morality leads to crimes like what I mentioned. The end result should dictate legality.

Of course the possession and consumption of it should be legal.

If those who consume it commit a violent/property crime, they should be charged with that crime.

What is hard about this?

I agree but anyone diagnosed as a drug addict should be ineligible for any government payments except only social security retirement payments. And, the problem with this is many doctors would probably be reluctant to diagnose their patients knowing they would lose government benefits. What a tangled web.

Really, the only way to solve this is to get government completely out of healthcare.

We will arrest anyone for just about anything in this country anymore...

Woman charged in connection with frozen, dead dog in Nashville

Officers were dispatched at 11:27 a.m Tuesday to the 3300 block of Hawkwood Lane, off Doverside Drive, after witnesses reported seeing the dead dog and another in the yard of a home in the residential neighborhood, Brian Todd, Metro Public Heath Department spokesman said.

Less than 15 minutes later, Todd said, officers arrived at the home and found two dogs — Great Pyrenees mixes — in the yard, one of them dead.

The dogs, Todd said, were set loose in the yard, which includes a dog house on the property.

Todd said the dogs belong to Tamera Puckett, 36, and that she has been charged with one count of animal cruelty in connection to the incident.

The low temperature Tuesday was 13 degrees with a windchill of 5 degrees.

Temperatures in Davidson County and the surrounding area are supposed to stay below freezing until at least Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service. Overnight temperatures dropped into the teens.

Hmmm, interesting...

Great Pyrenees - Wikipedia

The weather resistant double coat consists of a long, flat, thick, outer coat of coarse hair, straight or slightly undulating, and lying over a dense, fine, woolly undercoat.

When kept as a house pet, the Great Pyrenees' coat needs brushing once or twice a month. The breed needs moderate exercise but tends to be somewhat lazy, especially in warm weather. They particularly enjoy cold weather and snow. Like similar breeds, some Great Pyrenees tend to drool, especially with exercise.

VN Store

Back