Do we beat Florida?

Getting closer. My original post was both teams were on the rise, well it’s the opposite now. Implications are a little more clear now. We control our own destiny for a double bye in the sec tourney, currently seated as a 4 seed in the big dance. Kinda seems like we need it more and the pressure is on us.

That UK is going to be massive for both teams. UK is almost out of the SEC race and already dropped a game against UT. UK doesn't have a ton of chances to get wins against top 25 teams, so missing on 2 chances against UT would be detrimental to seeding implications. UT comes into that game with less to lose imo, but obviously if you can find a win, it would be very impressive.

SadCat reading this

Reactions: 1 person
Another 9 o clocker, so won't likely be the usual sell out for FLA.
If it's a battle of 3 point shooting, we'll lose.

The only thing Fla has going for it is that our backs are against the wall. We have you, Auburn, bama, and Kentucky, the latter two also flirting with the bubble. Florida really needs a big win right now. So I expect them to play hard.

Having said that, I do think UT wins pretty handily.

The only thing Fla has going for it is that our backs are against the wall. We have you, Auburn, bama, and Kentucky, the latter two also flirting with the bubble. Florida really needs a big win right now. So I expect them to play hard.

Having said that, I do think UT wins pretty handily.

Ah the old “I think you guys are gonna kill us so I can show up and act surprised when we win” post.

Not falling for it LG.

Reactions: 7 people
LOL,I hope we win. Duh. But those are my thoughts. I mean, UF has lost several games tbis year due to lackadaisical effort. I really do not expect a lack of motivation to be an issue. Lack of size, yes.

I'm sorry to say that I'm turning very bearish on the Vols. Williams clearly isn't healthy and himself. Barnes is showing a real stubborn streak with the rotation at point. Just have little faith in this bunch right now.

I think we need to feed Grant inside. He could have a bounce back game in a huge way. Chiozza will have a field day but we could as well on the inside. If they don’t get hot from three then I like our chances. We also shoot much better at home.

I'm sorry to say that I'm turning very bearish on the Vols. Williams clearly isn't healthy and himself. Barnes is showing a real stubborn streak with the rotation at point. Just have little faith in this bunch right now.

This. Seems like Barnes keeps trying to fit peg square into a circular hole

In before twss

LOL,I hope we win. Duh. But those are my thoughts. I mean, UF has lost several games tbis year due to lackadaisical effort. I really do not expect a lack of motivation to be an issue. Lack of size, yes.

Egbunu isn’t a star, but he’s definitely missed. Surprisingly so, actually

I think Tennessee wins. But given how our offense is, a lot is going to ride on us taking advantage of their weakness in their front court - grabbing offensive boards

Egbunu isn’t a star, but he’s definitely missed. Surprisingly so, actually

As I've said before, White is just like Donovan in that both recruit guards. Enough already. You want to make the tournament and be a threat, you have to have some 6' 9", 6'10" types, pushing 230 plus. In the tournament they let them play big boy basketball.

This has been a very frustrating UF team to watch. We beat Gonzaga, Cinci, TAMU, Ky, played Duke tough.... And we have a losing record (2-5) against the bottom four teams in the SEC.

Something tells me Chiozza is going to go off this game. We seem to struggle against quick point guards and he is very quick. I still say we win because I think Barnes will light a fire under our guys but it’s not going to be easy. Luckily it’s in Knoxville or else I think it would be a loss.

Reactions: 1 person
Something tells me Chiozza is going to go off this game. We seem to struggle against quick point guards and he is very quick. I still say we win because I think Barnes will light a fire under our guys but it’s not going to be easy. Luckily it’s in Knoxville or else I think it would be a loss.

Like the kid from Alabama did...quick to the basket and it killed us...we had no answer for him...

Tennessee has its back up against the wall right now anyway...
If Florida begins hitting 3's it will be tough for Tennessee...
If Tennessee isn't hitting their 3's then they better have a good inside game plan

Well we give up crazy numbers to good point guards but if u have no interior defense then maybe Grant will gets some points

We don't have good inside anything. We are below 100th in 2 point scoring. If the game is close at the end and you need the ball back, just open up a lane to the basket. We can't hit a layup. seriously. Missed an easy one at Vandy to take the lead late and win it.

Go to swampgas and read about it. White has been disgusted by it and says he has no answer for why our guys seem to panic the last 2-3 minutes and cannot make any easy ones.

VN Store

Back