Rollin' down a backwoods, Tennessee byway
One arm on the wheel
Holdin' my lover with the other
A sweet, soft, southern thrill
Worked hard all week, got a little jingle
On a Tennessee Saturday night
Couldn't feel better, I'm together
With my Dixieland delight

It isn't really about Tennessee, it's about getting some with your woman.
It firmly establishes Tennessee as the setting for the Saturday night fornicating. That implies the couple is not family.

Honestly, borrowing any of these bammer chants is cringe. Just enjoy the tune in its simplicity after we beat them.
I don’t know, I like it because you know it’s killing them that we’ve don’t it twice not to mention it’s actually about Tennessee. If we beat them in crimeville this year, I hope the Vols fans start singing in unison. I hope our band plays it 😆.

I don’t know, I like it because you know it’s killing them that we’ve don’t it twice not to mention it’s actually about Tennessee. If we beat them in crimeville this year, I hope the Vols fans start singing in unison. I hope our band plays it 😆.
It’s our song, they the ones that took it in the first place…

I know this is an old thread, but I always thought if we are going to sing "Dixieland Delight", it would be more fitting for those of us from East Tennessee to change those added lyrics even more during the chorus. I'm all about the "F--k Bama" and the slight uncertainty over "...and Florida/Georgia too" but I was thinking about the first change. Spend my dollar (on beer) is the traditional line, but considering our location and geography and a wonderful fight song about why we need corn on Rocky Top and them idiot "strangers" climbing Rocky Top, I think we as Tennessee fans should spend our dollar instead (ON SHINE!)

We're talking about East Tennesseans who grew up knowing moonshine, stills, and appreciating Appalachia culture with our favorite fight song talking all about it. I'd love if we could convince TPTB or whomever that we drink moonshine (it just seems more fitting than beer here) and help us differentiate our better version of a song about Tennessee that those Bammers stole. Go Vols!

I know this is an old thread, but I always thought if we are going to sing "Dixieland Delight", it would be more fitting for those of us from East Tennessee to change those added lyrics even more during the chorus. I'm all about the "F--k Bama" and the slight uncertainty over "...and Florida/Georgia too" but I was thinking about the first change. Spend my dollar (on beer) is the traditional line, but considering our location and geography and a wonderful fight song about why we need corn on Rocky Top and them idiot "strangers" climbing Rocky Top, I think we as Tennessee fans should spend our dollar instead (ON SHINE!)

We're talking about East Tennesseans who grew up knowing moonshine, stills, and appreciating Appalachia culture with our favorite fight song talking all about it. I'd love if we could convince TPTB or whomever that we drink moonshine (it just seems more fitting than beer here) and help us differentiate our better version of a song about Tennessee that those Bammers stole. Go Vols!
Getting a "Lesson" on 'Shine...from a Mormon...who's only posted 17 times in 13 years...about a song about "gettin' some" from a Tennessee girl??!!

Yeah...I guess that's worth MY 10,000th Post!

BTW "DIXIELAND DELIGHT" IS about Tennessee!!!

Reactions: MAD
Thought this thread was about Dixieland Delight bourbon. If you haven't tried it you should.

I liked that we did it after the 2022 win because of how many years it had been and it was the ultimate FU but I don’t care for it honestly. I thought it’s always showed low class by them to be hollering profanities around kids and elderly people but….

Reactions: GBOx2
Best I can tell from videos on basketball thread about this :

Dollar - “on beer”
“Go Vols “
Hold her up tight - “against the wall”
Make a little lovin’ “all night”
F Bama
And LSU
And Georgia too

I’m probably not hearing it correctly… but I’ve been humming the damn song all day.
So I must be behind times I just learned this Sat night at the bar and was still wondering what they were saying.

OK I've been wanting to ask for years. What in the hell is dixieland delight. I actually have no idea

VN Store

Back