Disney +

Posted by Disney Insider Magazine*
have they determined how much Disney will need to pay for the rest of HULU? i heard it was in the 10-12 billion dollar range.

it's estimated that disney lost over a billion dollars from their movies in 2023. guardians is the only movie that made somewhat of a profit.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
also, alot of people have been cancelling disney+ subscriptions, not sure how that will help with the HULU deal.

have they determined how much Disney will need to pay for the rest of HULU? i heard it was in the 10-12 billion dollar range.

it's estimated that disney lost over a billion dollars from their movies in 2023. guardians is the only movie that made somewhat of a profit.
Marvels was the only flop. Rest were box office hits. I think they have over saturated the market. Too many shows and movies.

I mean did Marvels move the needle?

Marvels was the only flop. Rest were box office hits. I think they have over saturated the market. Too many shows and movies.

I mean did Marvels move the needle?

Wish was a loss, haunted mansion lost money, marvels was bad if you count marketing, all but one movie lost money. Here is a videos that discusses their movies. It'll be a few months before we'll get accurate information but this gives you a good idea of how much was made and lost

There’s no reporting to confirm they’ve lost $1B on movies in 2023.

Hulu is reported to be a $8.6M valuation.

YouTube videos probably not the best source of information, imo.

Reactions: BenGrimm

That "research" completely failed to include the results of Avatar 2, which grossed over 2.3 billion dollars....

Some people on here need to read a financial statement and not have a YouTuber think for them..

Disney is definately in a creative and financial slump but YouTubers completely ignoring a Top 3 grossing movie of all time....

That "research" completely failed to include the results of Avatar 2, which grossed over 2.3 billion dollars....

Some people on here need to read a financial statement and not have a YouTuber think for them..

Disney is definately in a creative and financial slump but YouTubers completely ignoring a Top 3 grossing movie of all time....

Never mind they set a high bar in 2019, and the entire movie market has dropped across the board.

Never mind they set a high bar in 2019, and the entire movie market has dropped across the board.
I couldnt name a single movie ive seen post covid that was fantastic. In fact, best Sci-Fi anything have been shows, such as Mando, Loki, and even Ahsoka.

Cant believe Cocaine Shark didnt win an Oscar.

I couldnt name a single movie ive seen post covid that was fantastic. In fact, best Sci-Fi anything have been shows, such as Mando, Loki, and even Ahsoka.

Oppenheimer lived up to the hype for me. And I’m a sucker for the MI series and really liked Dead Reckoning.

Reactions: Behr
also, alot of people have been cancelling disney+ subscriptions, not sure how that will help with the HULU deal.

Diseny+ lost subscribers in India because they dropped cricket in a cost cutting move. In North Am they had one Q that lost subscribers but they have actually gained Subs in the past 2 Qs beyond that single Q loss.

Disney stock is actually up for the year. Despite their disappointing box office, investors must like something they are doing.

Geeks + Gamers is a chud outlet that grifts on culture war BS. Disney is their punching bag and the chuds fall for it every week.

Exactly!

In 2019 Disney had 7… SEVEN… movies break a Billion dollars at the box office. Since the pandemic there have been 5 across all of Hollywood to do that in the past 2 years. 2 of which were Spider-Man (technically Sony but MCU/Disney adjacent) and Avatar. Dr Strange fell just short of a billion without a China release.

In a disappointing year for Disney they still had 4 of the top 10 movies and that’s not even including Spider-Verse.

They need to get their budgets in line with the box office drop though.

Not sure if you were just talking about Disney movies but Cruella was a good movie if you haven’t seen that. And Encanto was as well despite its annoying viral song. Not sure I could name a good movie 2022-present though

At this point Disney doesn't care how much money they lose or how bad these woke films flop.

Anne Bonny was red haired Irishwoman.

At this point Disney doesn't care how much money they lose or how bad these woke films flop.

Anne Bonny was red haired Irishwoman.

When did we start judging the Pirates movies based on historical accuracy?

VN Store

Back