Disney: The Most Evil Business In The World

I wish companies would go back to making movies that are just fun. I was wanting to watch just a dang adventure movie the other day with no moralistic focus, nihilistic theme, or political messaging. Just a flat out knight rescuing a princess or some adventure themed movie. Hard to find anything made the last 5 years that is just a fun adventure or about plain entertainment. I ended up watching the Last Legion. Fit what I wanted and was happy with it but again another older movie.

Not to mention the list of great movies made in the past that would not be made today because of politics. I watched the Austin Power series the other day and I was just wondering if it could even be made in the climate today.
I recorded Die Hard the other night, I might not ever buy another movie ticket.

Reactions: volbound1700
I recorded Die Hard the other night, I might not ever buy another movie ticket.

See, I miss those type of movies. Good guys just kicking butt. No negativity or moral statement. Great Christmas movie lol. Probably more action than adventure but definitely the type of movies that I miss.

A little politics isn't bad, it is just every movie today has to put something in it that is negative or gets you down and they just don't make pure adventure\action stories anymore.

Ironically, Disney's Marvel Movies might have been the last great adventure movies in mass that we got.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
There was a very long time when the name Disney meant top notch. You knew it would be good writing and well done.

Last few years almost everything they touch now sucks. Star Wars, marvel, Disney exclusives….90 percent are straight crap.

There was a very long time when the name Disney meant top notch. You knew it would be good writing and well done.

Last few years almost everything they touch now sucks. Star Wars, marvel, Disney exclusives….90 percent are straight crap.

If you say so. Rubes get their dirty undies in a knot about EVERYTHING....

VN Store

Back