Dino Gaudio of ESPN just said...

The first is the first round of the NCAA tournament. It counts as a tourney game. Call it what you want, but the round of 64 on the bracket I just filled out setting in front of me is labeled "2nd round".

You can call it the first round, it's a play in game imo.
If you aren't within the top 64, then you are playing your way in.
They were talking about it on Mike and Mike this morning, even they won't call it the first round.

Doesn't matter to me if it does or doesn't. I don't see it as round one, and had the field not been expanded we would be at home anyways.

You can swing it any way you want to try and make this season justifiable for Martin.

And if the field hadn't been expanded from 40 to 64 a lot of teams would be at home, what's your point? Lol

Reactions: 1 person
And if the field hadn't been expanded from 40 to 64 a lot of teams would be at home, what's your point? Lol

Great point, take it back to 1985, why not take it back further than that?

So Tennessee and Iowa are two 11 seeds playing one another, or are they playing for the 11th seed?
It depends on how you want to view it, I say they are playing for 11.

You can call it the first round, it's a play in game imo.
If you aren't within the top 64, then you are playing your way in.
They were talking about it on Mike and Mike this morning, even they won't call it the first round.

You can call a dog a cat. That doesn't make a dog a cat, so I don't care what Mike and Mike will or won't call it.

The NCAA calls it round #1. That's all that matters to me.

Great point, take it back to 1985, why not take it back further than that?

So Tennessee and Iowa are two 11 seeds playing one another, or are they playing for the 11th seed?
It depends on how you want to view it, I say they are playing for 11.

That's because you have an agenda. The record books will count it as a NCAAT appearance for Martin and the Vols,
2014 will be added to the banner in TBA, that's the simple truth.

That's because you have an agenda. The record books will count it as a NCAAT appearance for Martin and the Vols,
2014 will be added to the banner in TBA, that's the simple truth.

Agenda? Get real kid, if anyone on this board has an "agenda" it would without a doubt be you.

Agenda? Get real kid, if anyone on this board has an "agenda" it would without a doubt be you.

how can you not have an agenda when you continue to call UT's game something that no longer applies? The "play-in game" no longer exists

35,000 fans signing a petition gets some serious attention from those in charge. That's a lot of ticket sales, and a lot of $$$. And incase you haven't noticed...$$$ makes the world go around. Pearl is a proven winner and IS going to get a coaching job in August. So hire him and return to prominence, or let your opponent. My vote is that we take him and win a championship.

Im guessing that 2/3 of that 35,000 doesn't buy season tickets today....so it doesn't amount to SQUAT. U can book that.

U know CCM first 2 years was because of PEARL, hey I like the guy but he wont be coaching here for a long time..

You're right. The NCAA calling it round 1 is what makes it round 1. Feel free to continue being wrong though.

I said it was my opinion, yes, technically it is round 1, but I don't see it that way. I don't think they are both 11 seeds playing one another, I feel they are playing for the 11th seed.

how can you not have an agenda when you continue to call UT's game something that no longer applies? The "play-in game" no longer exists

Dude it's my opinion. I don't care what it called that's just how I feel about this particular situation.

It's not like I want them to lose, I hope they win it all just like you do.

It is just a restructuring by the AA to get more exposure to their product. ie the tourney.

Does it have the appearance and feeling of a play-in game? yes IMO But it has been the 1st round games for a few years now. So this isn't new.

And don't worry 'Lizard Lick Towing' fans, I'm sure TruTV will re-air any episodes you may miss.

Last edited:
Who cares if the play in game "counts" or not. He took 4 seed talent to the play in game and that's all that matters.

Like if we are technically in the tournament that somehow excuses our atrocious play and coaching for the last three years.

Who cares if the play in game "counts" or not. He took 4 seed talent to the play in game and that's all that matters.

Like if we are technically in the tournament that somehow excuses our atrocious play and coaching for the last three years.

Apparently that doesn't matter.

I'm not sure of anyone who is saying that.

VN Store

Back