Dino Gaudio of ESPN just said...

Pearl will get a coaching job in August, and that team will be very, very good. Bank on that. But let's do things your way and let another school hire him and we'll just continue to suck. How's that sound?

a team looking for a coach in August is unlikely to be very, very good

There are 68 teams in the tourney, and we were the 65th in, but that doesn't mean we were the 65th best team.

There are teams from lower conferences that won their tourney. Those teams generally take the lowest seeds.

They generally won't let a team from a power conference come in higher than a 13 or so.

Thanks. I know it's just one more game, but makes you wonder how fatigue might be a factor by game 3. As a UT & Duke bball fan, I can say we have a real shot if we get to that game. Duke's guards are struggling mightily right now scoring & we have the length to match up inside. However, I am in no way confident in this team not laying an egg in Round 1. If Martins tenure has proven anything, it's that we can't count on them to be prepared or show up.

35,000 fans signing a petition gets some serious attention from those in charge. That's a lot of ticket sales, and a lot of $$$. And incase you haven't noticed...$$$ makes the world go around. Pearl is a proven winner and IS going to get a coaching job in August. So hire him and return to prominence, or let your opponent. My vote is that we take him and win a championship.

Laughable. Pearl will not be back and that petition means nothing.

Some of these guys are so funny. To really think they will fire CCM this year is just ignorant logic from a spoiled immature group of fans. It's not even worth the paper it's written on anymore nor explaining the reasons why. Stop trying to find every reason to whine. Enjoy the ride!

I honestly believe some of our fans cherish these moments (crying for a coach to be fired) so they can be overly negative at someone. It makes them feel like they have power. Take that away (like now) and they will kick and scream.

Reactions: 1 person
35,000 people signing a petition is a load of crap. The only serious attention was from the media, and is, quite frankly, embarrassing.

Vote all you want to. The UTAD is not a democracy where the fans have a vote. If it was, it would be a much bigger screwed up mess than it has been over the past few years.

Pearl may never coach again. He may be the next Dick Vitale. Until his show cause expires, and someone has either the guts or the stupidity to hire him, that is his future. I truly doubt that a reputable AD will bring him in. Too much baggage. But if one does, they better be fluent in covering their collective butts.

Pearl will be the next Auburn coach if we do not hire him back. CCM vs Pearl at AU next year, should be fun to watch......

Can someone please explain to me why an 11 seed is in a play in game? I thought those were for outside teams playing to be a 16 seed?

That changed years ago. If you think about it, the last 4 in, 1st 4 out teams aren't 16 seeds or the smallest conferences. They are at-large teams (most of the time) from major conferences. So essentially the committee was knotted between Iowa and UT, so let those 2 play in a "play-in" game to determine who goes on.

Pearl will be the next Auburn coach if we do not hire him back. CCM vs Pearl at AU next year, should be fun to watch......

I'd almost bet my left nut that Pearl wouldn't go to Auburn. He is very familiar with that situation, and he probably feels he can do better, whether he can or not. Only one coach in the last 30 years, Cliff Ellis, has had any success there, and he cheated to do it.

I'd almost bet my left nut that Pearl wouldn't go to Auburn. He is very familiar with that situation, and he probably feels he can do better, whether he can or not. Only one coach in the last 30 years, Cliff Ellis, has had any success there, and he cheated to do it.

The perfect job for Pearl.

The perfect job for Pearl.

If you say so. I just see it as a wasteland job. Tennessee had potential and recent success under Jerry Green going for them, as well as a nice area (Knoxville, East TN) going for them.

Auburn has none of that.

Pearl ain't coming back. He tried to get a student athlete and his parents to lie for him. You can't do that. Especially if you get caught.

So? It's not like he gave the kid drugs. It was a bbq and he had him there. Let it go. He was a winning coach who was loved here

The first counts as getting him in the tourney.

Why is it called a "play in" game?

The first is the first round of the NCAA tournament. It counts as a tourney game. Call it what you want, but the round of 64 on the bracket I just filled out setting in front of me is labeled "2nd round".

It's not for the 5 millionth time

So is Martin loses you're saying the record books won't show he has a NCAAT appearance?

Doesn't matter to me if it does or doesn't. I don't see it as round one, and had the field not been expanded we would be at home anyways.

You can swing it any way you want to try and make this season justifiable for Martin.

VN Store

Back