did you guys hear townhall meeting

Speaking of meetings I was up late last night and ran across congress grilling the CEO's of the 8 largest financial institutions that received TARP. When he ask them what did they do with the first TARP money that they received, they seemed at a loss for a direct answer. Before asking the next question the congressmen stated that all of the eight CEO's were wealthy men by most standards, and they nodded in agreement. Then the Congressman ask each of them individually, In the last 6 months, how much of your personal wealth have you invested in your own company?" Five out of the eight said zero. I think the congressman made a good point with the question. Why should the government(Taxpayers) invest in your company when even their respective CEO"s obviously don't think it's a good investment? My Opinion....Let them fail. Isn't that what capitalism is all about. The good companies thrive, and the poor ones don't...

So the guys that made the great point are the same guys that made the stupid decision?

Also, people in congress are about the last people on earth that should point out someone's lack of keeping track of money.

So the guys that made the great point are the same guys that made the stupid decision?

Also, people in congress are about the last people on earth that should point out someone's lack of keeping track of money.

The point is should we sink more money into these companies? . Quite frankly I do not care who pointed it out. It's a good question.

The point is should we sink more money into these companies? . Quite frankly I do not care who pointed it out. It's a good question.

It is grandstanding. They're sinking the money in. The CEOs could have said they lost the money on wagering the Lions were going to win the SB and would still get the money.

bama has state income tax. i have over 100 dollars taken out for state income tax alone every pay period

Found this on MichelleMalkin.com

You know you cannot just “enter” an Obama town hall meeting. They give out tickets in advance. Who gets the tickets? People who stand in line and wait. Who tells people when and where Obama will appear next? Certainly not the Secret Service who has to protect this man. Not the MSM, who are too busy telling us how great he is without asking any critical questions.

Sooooo… how does a 61 year-old homeless woman who’s living in a pickup truck with her son JUST HAPPEN to get a ticket so she can VERY PUBLICALLY ask Prez. Obama for a HOUSE? Anyone? Who pushes her up on stage? She’s right at the front of the crowd. Did she just happen to get a seat there?

Now, within moments of this happening, it’s trumpeted all over the news. AND, surprise, surprise, the wife of State Representative Nick Thompson, Chene Thompson JUST HAPPENS to have a spare house worth $150,000 lying around, so she GIVES it to this unemployed, homeless, living-in-a-truck woman. They’ve been homeless for “more than a year”, which coincidentally, predates the current housing and banking crisis by quite a while. How did they learn about the “Obama Town Hall and Tent Revival”? Were homeless people simply rounded up? Did someone pre-canvas the area in search of “great, tear-jerking stories”? Of all the people in the audience, SHE’S one of the ones Obama chooses to ask a question?

BTW-the taxes which will be charged on this “free house” will bankrupt the poor woman. Taxes are levied based on the home’s assessed value, not on the basis of it being a “free gift”.

On a second, double-snort, the last guy who gets to ask a question JUST HAPPENS to be a 19-year-old kid of Hispanic descent who’s going to Edison State College (free tuition perhaps for in-state students?) and has worked at McDonalds for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS. By my math, he started working there when he was 14! Florida child-labor law infraction, anyone? Now, having worked at McDs several times in my past I can say that they DO offer health care plans. You have to PAY for it, just like everyone else in the country does. It’s OPTIONAL. It’s not a God-given right.

…Do the Thompsons get to claim this as a charitable tax deduction against their (probably) considerable 2009 income? How many houses do they own?

Is there anyone left in the media who will ask these questions? Ever?
Obama's propoganda team is on the same level as Kim Jong-il.

I wonder if we will have to start referring to him as Dear Leader.

Obama's propoganda team is on the same level as Kim Jong-il.

I wonder if we will have to start referring to him as Dear Leader.

Oh, they're not even in the same ballpark. Obama's is like a spring training field. Kim Jong-Il's is the Yankee Stadium of propaganda.

Henrietta Hughes still struggling | WINK News - Southwest Florida | Local & Florida

Unemployed and homeless, she caught national attention during President Obama's visit to Fort Myers when she asked for his help. After her plea, Hughes was given a free place to stay, but she still can't find a job and may soon find herself homeless again.

Though she hasn't had to pay rent, Henrietta says she hasn't saved much money either. Her bills are often more than her income.

still finding this empty campaign promise a little hard to buy. But I bet she still loves Obama

VN Store

Back