Devrin Young Bashers - Bash This

This is in no way a knock on Devrin, whom I consider an underrated player on our team, but...In my lifetime as a UT fan we have a very weak history in the return game (born in '81). I know, Gault, but i was too young. Hate to have to mention the negative truth. See if you can remember 2 kick returns for tds in the last decade (without looking it up)

On a positive note, there have been noticeable improvements in all special teams units since CBJ's arrival. I hope Devrin continues to change this unfortunate trend in our football program.

Go Vols! Go Devrin! Go CBJ!

Didn't CP have few returned for TD, I remember one was against Candy.

More than likely not. Young is a very good athlete and has measureables very similar to some of the best returners. His strength is something that is difficult to capitalize on without good blocking- change of direction.

He has produced nothing. He will not be returning kicks by midseason.

Watch and learn.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not scared to bash. He has all those yards because we have sucked for the years he has been here so he gets lots of chances.

Gosh. Come to think of it, I could have made top 10 in the SEC if Sal were still pacing the sidelines. Pretty good point. When you give up 50+ per game, I guess the KR gets some serious work.

I like DY (like everyone here so far) b/c he seems to be a team player and hard worker. Sure wish he hadn't got his ankle clipped against LSU in Neyland. Whoever tripped him saved a TD early in that one. That would have had the place rockin!

On the dark side, that fumble against MSU was disastrous. When your D is that bad, you cannot afford to not score on every possession.

I see. Proud of losing game after game. You enjoy that, I won't.

These kids were recruited to play at UT and are proud to wear the Orange. Yet you have the gall, the audacity to call a local kid "slop". You think these kids are trying to lose? SMDH

Reactions: 2 people
These kids were recruited to play at UT and are proud to wear the Orange. Yet you have the gall, the audacity to call a local kid "slop". You think these kids are trying to lose? SMDH

They got better than they ever deserved. It's not like they were put upon. Jeez.....they're no good.

The talent is slop, the record says it is so.

No, they are trying to win, but can't. Thus my comment on talent.

Shake your head all you want, replacements are coming.

Thanks for the proof....as I said.

Instead of bashing Devrin Young, whose is rated among the top of the SEC in return yds, why don't you just post all the reasons why Vols won't win 7 games this year? If you have to bash and "keep it real"...then why not stick to the entire team??? Trolling?

Instead of bashing Devrin Young, whose is rated among the top of the SEC in return yds, why don't you just post all the reasons why Vols won't win 7 games this year? If you have to bash and "keep it real"...then why not stick to the entire team??? Trolling?

WHy is truth, bashing?

We are losing most of our games for a reason, no talent.

The talent is slop, the record says it is so.

No, they are trying to win, but can't. Thus my comment on talent.

Shake your head all you want, replacements are coming.
images

You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
cryin' all the time.
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
cryin' all the time.
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit
and you ain't no friend of mine.

When they said you was high classed,
well, that was just a lie.
When they said you was high classed,
well, that was just a lie.
You ain't never caught a rabbit
and you ain't no friend of mine.

-Elvis Presley--

This is in no way a knock on Devrin, whom I consider an underrated player on our team, but...In my lifetime as a UT fan we have a very weak history in the return game (born in '81). I know, Gault, but i was too young. Hate to have to mention the negative truth. See if you can remember 2 kick returns for tds in the last decade (without looking it up)

On a positive note, there have been noticeable improvements in all special teams units since CBJ's arrival. I hope Devrin continues to change this unfortunate trend in our football program.

Go Vols! Go Devrin! Go CBJ!

Cp, price, Jones and Leonard Scott

Last edited:
So far his best chance to return one for a td was his first. I don't remember/care enough to look up who it was against but he got tripped by the last guy.

The problem is that the volnation "experts" think he's ineffective because he's never taken one to the house. I'd rather have consistent return yards every kickoff than the once a season TD.

Way to go Devrin.

No, I would say that most think he is ineffective because he is a Dooley recruit.

DY has averaged 23.4 yards per kickoff return for his career. With recent rule changes a kick out the end zone now goes to the 25. Better blocking would have helped, but given his stats, if he is going to receive the ball on the goalline it is better for him to let it go on average.

His total kick off return yardage is more due to the number of returns as opposed to distance of his returns. DY has no control over that aspect.

Last year Jones at AL averaged 5 more yards per return than Young on both kick offs and punt returns. DY is dependable, but far from elite. CBJ will still be looking for a game breaker, but a least DY does provide stability.

VN Store

Back