Devrin Young Bashers - Bash This

Lots of kick returns means the opponent is likely scoring a bunch. Not knocking DY but he's had a lot of touches

"Straw man argument" thread title

AAAWWWWWW Shucks! You remembered our encounter.
shy-whistler.gif

I will be interested to see how much his numbers improve with better athletes blocking for him on kicks. That is one area where pure athleticism makes a difference pretty much right away without respect to experience.

Reactions: 1 person
I will be interested to see how much his numbers improve with better athletes blocking for him on kicks. That is one area where pure athleticism makes a difference pretty much right away without respect to experience.

He'll be replaced with a better athlete. So his numbers will not improve at all.

Reactions: 3 people
He'll be replaced with a better athlete. So his numbers will not improve at all.

More than likely not. Young is a very good athlete and has measureables very similar to some of the best returners. His strength is something that is difficult to capitalize on without good blocking- change of direction.

Reactions: 5 people
CP spoiled me. We need a superior athlete back there. DY has never been a threat to take one back. If someone can catch the ball and is better at it but them back there.

I will be interested to see how much his numbers improve with better athletes blocking for him on kicks.

This is exactly what I was thinking. There were a handful of times DY was so close to breaking one last season. Holding blocks for just a little longer should be all he needs. He has the rest.

Nice article. I was wondering about the stats for returning kicks. The missed field goal in the Iron Bowl that was returned for a touch down, how is the listed? It's not a punt or kickoff return and I can't find a missed field goal return stat anywhere. Just wondering.

I believe it is actually considered a "Change of possession"
Because it was not blocked. Which would make it punt return, like a pooch punt.

When the ball is in the air I just get a feeling he is going to drop it, or when he starts running a sick feeling like something bad fixing to happen.

VN Store

Back